Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Retribution - Patch Change Discussion (4.1 PTR)

We're trying something a little bit different for a while.

In this thread, feel free to discuss all current and upcoming patch changes and hotfixes affecting Retribution Paladins. Try to stay away from the doom and gloom "The world is ending!" mentality when possible. You probably won't be infracted for it, but it just doesn't really help anyone.

Also, while this thread will not be stickied, it will be accessible via: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Helpful-Topics. If you happen to see a thread you think should be merged with this thread, please use Report Post on the OP of that thread, and we can merge it into this one to keep all the patch discussion in one place.

For history's sake, the old discussion topic can be found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Paladins-4.0.3
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-09 at 06:29 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    NOES! You've ruined a traditional topic! ¤sob¤

anyway, this patch doesnt seduce me to start playing again. Ill just be slammin' da trolls around here for a while longer

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll certainly be... interesting to play, at least at the start. But I'm fairly convinced that Ret's issues will continue (it's practically tradition at this point).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

It looks good. How's the DPS on it? I've heard that the rotation is full of empty globals though.

Simca Edit: This picture used to show Ret Paladins very low and a lot of other incorrect PTR results.

Use the new data from the updated Live SimulationCraft to reach a conclusion.

http://manoutoftime.org/misc/simc/pt...r_skelter.html

Is that graph really an accurate representation? Why are Unholy DKs and Shadow Priests so far ahead of others? That can't be right.

It'll be a little improvement, but in PVP you might as well not even try to kill plate dps aymore unless you significantly outgear them.

EDIT: Oh yeah and can this topic get a name change? Like Retribution - 4.0.6 or something. Thanks.
    Last edited by Reith; 2011-02-08 at 02:49 PM.

How's the holy power generation now in 4.0.6? Did it go down the crapper or what? I haven't had the opportunity to go on the PTRs myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    EDIT: Oh yeah and can this topic get a name change? Like Retribution - 4.0.6 or something. Thanks.
    I guess. Kind of odd to change it constantly, but okay.

Edit: Changed to "Retribution - Patch Change Discussion (4.0.6)"
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-08 at 02:56 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Is that graph really an accurate representation?
    SimCraft live is fairly accurate for most specs, you can double-check it with stateofdps.com.
    They called DKs and Locks on being OP and they are OP now on live as you can see.
    They placed Ret at the bottom on live and it's exactly where we are now. At the bottom.

So, yeah, one thing will change for us after patch. Rogues will give us some company there ... at the bottom.

from people on the pointer that tested the changes.
    we went from hoping and wishing to wishing and hoping.
    BIG DIFFERENCE
    now we can't even be a poor excuse for a sometimes heal.

Look at the overall 10 mans dk's aren't that good.
    Rogues aren't that bad.

paladins are FAIL you got that right

That last second exo buff might be a bit more help, but the best part about this buff is the amount of sleep I'll make up in the rotation downtime.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 09:04 AM ----------

As for our HP generation...say goodbye to anything but a TV every 15-30 seconds or so.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

theres no way that graph is right. I was doing 16k self buffed on a boss target dummy on the ptr 10 minute parse with only 2 peice t11 should be like 22-24k in 25 man raids, hell maybe more with BIS gear. I wasnt even reforged correctly.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    we gonna be nerffed in Mastery because of PVP i bet 10k gold on that, extra holy damage from CS and TV? i see a nerff bat coming.

also look at the gear overveiw for that simcraft, not nearly enough mastery, too much crit comparably, and way way waaaay too much haste
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    That graph is definitely junk, 'cos it shows DW unholy high in the tree - that spec is being ruined intentionally, and we're not sure it 2H is going to take a hit as well, yet. I'd suggest that might be an old lineup? Like, of the 4.0.3 PTR build?

Deleted
    I love my pala lore-wise but the retribution rotation atm in the PTR is damn terribly boring

DPS continues low but i could at least bare that if the playstyle was interesting and fun, but in 4.0.6 is way more dull than 4.0.3.

Both protection and retribution needs a new "strike" or skill, its just way too predictable and full of gaps atm.

If I click on the Ret paladin it doesn't show Mastery damage, isn't that supposed to be extra on the charts? Also, is it ignoring in-combat self buffs? That would explain why rogues are all the way down if you leave out S&D...
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-02-08 at 03:25 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Yeah there's no way they would let all rogue specs be that bad. No possible way. That has to be wrong.

Protection needs to be kinda predictable. Retribution could use a new strike though.. If they had to nerf current abilities a little to put one in, I'd be fine with that. Crusader Strike also needs to not trigger a CD if it's missed/dodged/parried, considering that they "fixed" it.

That graph might not portray the other specs entirely, but with no real nerfs towards the specs close to us, as well as the "bugs" we have, we are still guna be low on the charts.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    theres no way that graph is right. I was doing 16k self buffed on a boss target dummy on the ptr 10 minute parse with only 2 peice t11 should be like 22-24k in 25 man raids, hell maybe more with BIS gear. I wasnt even reforged correctly.
    I personally was getting 13% dps increase on PTR dummy.
    And on SimCraft our dps went up by 15%.

No one saying we didn't get our buff. We did. But it's about seeing the overall picture, since alot of classes and specs got nerfed/buffed.
    Their helter_skelter scenario tries to simulate raid content we have now, with adds and target switching and different phases. It's not just tank'n'spank fight, so you will not see 24k there ... unless you reroll DK or Spriest, of course.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 03:35 PM ----------

Unholy DKs are kind of weird.
    If you read patch notes you will see that their mastery is getting major overhaul and DK guildies I am spoke with are saying that it's going to be a buff to their dps (sort of like Ret mastery: was useless -> becoming strong stat).

So DKs are getting some nerfs and some buffs, so don't be surprised when they will continue to totally destroy everything on meters.