Atonment spec still good on Halfus HM after 4.0.6 Halfus change?

"The captured drakes in this encounter now apply Dragon's Vengeance when they are killed instead of when they are freed. To account for this change, the health and damage of the drakes has been reduced, and the damage bonus gained from Dragon's Vengeance has been increased."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2166872

Obviously, this nerfs atonement healing at the start of the fight, which could matter in heroic.

I believe the damage bonus was increased to 100% on PTR. It takes like ~1:30 min to get 2 drakes down to get to 200% damage buff? I think the spec is still good but it's probably desirable to mix in penance and other heals at the beginning.

Honestly, I am not sure though until I try it. What is your opinion on using atonement spec for Heroic Halfus?
    Last edited by Evrx; 2011-02-08 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evrx View Post
    I think the spec is still good but it's probably desirable to mix in penance and other heals at the beginning.
    This. It's not that big of a change - with the huge buff to PW:S, Grace, and overall Disc - you should have no problems healing the tank for a bit whilst you kill dragons and then proceed to smiting

Edit: It will be a pretty big deal in Heroic though.
    Last edited by Mazi; 2011-02-08 at 04:17 PM.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Yea, I plan on still using mainly atonement, but with penance on CD and shielding the tanks.
    Nothing really will change much.
    My smites already hit for like 18-19k crits in raids.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"