Frost Changes today..

So with the frost redesign, does anyone have any numbers or links to any numbers if these changes will be a buff overall or a nerf in PVE?

Deleted
    we are going to do more damage with frostbolt, less damage with frostfirebolt+fingers of forst and much less damage with deep freeze so i think that this will be a nerf in dps, but some people say that it will be the same dps... we will see

I don't put total faith in sim crafting since it cannot account for player skill..... but the last thing I saw from Lhivera's was like a 2-3% dps drop. Someone can confirm or dispute that if it's changed.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd say our DPS is more or less where it was before for an overall fight, but our burst is nerfed a fair bit.

Edit: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i4c4xhpbw0x1y7qf/
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-02-09 at 03:27 AM.

thought you were talking about DK, huge buffs to pve and pvp

Mage pretty much broke even, less pvp damage but same control

Quote Originally Posted by Takarazuka View Post
    I don't put total faith in sim crafting since it cannot account for player skill..... but the last thing I saw from Lhivera's was like a 2-3% dps drop. Someone can confirm or dispute that if it's changed.
    Well it sort of does...
    If you play perfectly, you will get the amount it says.
    If you are not as good at playing, you will get less.
    No amount of skill will make you overperform the sim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Well it sort of does...
    If you play perfectly, you will get the amount it says.
    If you are not as good at playing, you will get less.
    No amount of skill will make you overperform the sim.
    You can have better RNG than what the sim suggests.

Just wondering if anyone is changing glyphs for frost? Since frostbolt has been buffed by 15% and Ice Lance by 15% when you have fingers of frost, would it be best to go for Glyph of Frostbolt, Glyph of Frostfire, and Glyph of Ice Lance. Losing 2% crit by not having Glyph of Molten Armor might not be that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is changing glyphs for frost? Since frostbolt has been buffed by 15% and Ice Lance by 15% when you have fingers of frost, would it be best to go for Glyph of Frostbolt, Glyph of Frostfire, and Glyph of Ice Lance. Losing 2% crit by not having Glyph of Molten Armor might not be that bad.
    That's not what we're losing. This is the deal:

Any well-geared frost mage already has the shatter cap. This means all damage sources except FFB DoT, FFO and Frostbolt always crit. FFB DoT damage can be disregarded. The question is whether you want Frostbolt or Molten Armor Glyph. Or: 3% Frostbolt crit vs 2% FFB crit. The answer is clear. Which means that even on fights where it's green to use molten armor, it will never be glyphed, because the Frostbolt glyph always is too valuable. I would assume both DF and FFB will remain glyphed in this patch, since they still are considerate DPS increases and no other sources suggest otherwise.