Thread: SMF Vs TG

SMF Vs TG

So i am spec'd into TG right now. MY dps on a dummy did increase about 5k overall. Very excited!! I am trying to go into mastery as much as possible when i already have crit on the gear. Is anyone else reforging heavily into crit//mastery to??

Most are going crit > mastery type build, but not sure what this has to do with SMF vs TG.

Deleted
    TG and SMF will supposedly be really close to eachother in terms of theoretical output (1% diffrence).

It'll be based on preference and opportunity. What items are the most people going for? Whatever it is, go for the other, and so on. SMF is at the moment easier to gear for what with Magmaw dropping Lava Spine which means that most furies will get two heroic 1handers LONG before they get two heroic 2handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    TG and SMF will supposedly be really close to eachother in terms of theoretical output (1% diffrence).

It'll be based on preference and opportunity. What items are the most people going for? Whatever it is, go for the other, and so on. SMF is at the moment easier to gear for what with Magmaw dropping Lava Spine which means that most furies will get two heroic 1handers LONG before they get two heroic 2handers.
    uhh? Lava Spine is a trash drop non heroic only.

Edit: obviously I need more coffee
    Last edited by Hakto; 2011-02-08 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59333
    Dropped by (1) - Magmaw.

Deleted
    Soul Blade is the trashdrop, Lava Spine is the Magmaw drop.

They also drop in ENTIRELY DIFFRENT DUNGEONS.

Magmaw drops a two-hander aswell, although the 1H might have more attractive stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    not rl with mastery as a good stat and expertise is a good stat alrd then mace is rl good

Deleted
    As I said it depends on opportunity. The two will be so close that you'll take what's best for the raid and whatever gets you the highest DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post
    Magmaw drops a two-hander aswell, although the 1H might have more attractive stats.
    The problem is that with other BIS pieces of fury you are overcapped with expertise or close to. It has also to be mentioned, that barely anyone out of SMF is using STR 1 handers (Frost DW? Right now, all DKs are UH, with 4.0.6 maybe Frost 2H) so while DKs, Rets and TG Furys battle themselves for the Heroic Magmaw 2H you can easily get the 1 hander...

your thinking of soulblade bro

Deleted
    Also, aren't one-handers generally faster than two-handers? That can only mean good things for enchant procs (depending on the proc type), smoother rage generation and talents that scale with attack speed, e.g. Enrage.

Keep two-handers (burst) for pvp and one-handers for pve?
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-08 at 09:44 PM.

hopefully in the new raids whenever they come out will be blessed with a more wide variety of weapons cata has shat or us for the first round

SMF is likely to be the default spec for most people that can get through normal mode clears and work on some of the starting heriocs like Magmaw, given that the 2hander mace has so much expertise on you will end up stupidly over the cap even with reforging. Essentially SMF will be the favoured option for most because it is the easiest to get BiS weapons, where as TG requires Nef HM. So yes whilst both in BiS gear they are very very close to one another (which is awesome for balance) SMF will do more damage for most because of ease of gearing.

I know I'll be doing it once they drop, less competition for them is also another motivating factor, have to pay considerably less DKP for them than I would bidding against all the other 2 hander users we have - which should also have a side benefit of gearing up the raid at a more equal rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Also, aren't one-handers generally faster than two-handers? That can only mean good things for enchant procs (depending on the proc type), smoother rage generation and talents that scale with attack speed, e.g. Enrage.

Keep two-handers (burst) for pvp and one-handers for pve?
    TG and SMF will be so similiar that anything besides "what I can get" is entirely moot. Most enchants that do matter are on a PPM and as such the procchance per strike/hit is decided by the speed.

I repeat: It's glorious to look at a BIS List or somesuch and go "THIS I WANT", but in reality there's bad loot luck, competition and and other crap, so stop the arbitrary discussion of which is best and be glad we can go either depending on either personal preference or loot opportunities.

Deleted
    SMF will be slightly ahead now because of the way slam works, slam extra damage + 2hits = lots of damage

pre patch 20k slam
    +20% of that = 24k
    +20% from bloodsurge = 28.8k

WIN on SMF

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtrag View Post
    SMF will be slightly ahead now because of the way slam works, slam extra damage + 2hits = lots of damage

pre patch 20k slam
    +20% of that = 24k

WIN on SMF

You cannot say a spec will be ahead because of a single proc based ability.

Show a log with slam top damage ability and then possibly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtrag View Post

pre patch 20k slam
    +20% of that = 24k

WIN on SMF
    Neither spec wins, the solid math done by solid people suggests the two talents will be no more than 0.5% apart the current level of gear.

Check EJ for the actual math, page 14 I reckon it was from the Fury warrior Theory Thread.