Army of the Dead bug on Cho'gall?

So last night we were having a progression night on Cho'gall and as I do in many fights, I cast army right before we pull. The cast went off, I had the little purple lightning going all over the place, but no ghouls were actually spawned.

Has anyone else had this problem?

did you stand in the middle of the room? that thing is like a elevator, so pet's like Ghouls could bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    So last night we were having a progression night on Cho'gall and as I do in many fights, I cast army right before we pull. The cast went off, I had the little purple lightning going all over the place, but no ghouls were actually spawned.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    You're standing on the Trap-Door in the very centre of the room, that opens down to Sinestra in heroic difficulty.

The ghouls, and Lock Health Stones, etc, don't work ontop of it. (Blizzard said somewhere in the patch notes they meant to remedy that)

So that's what is going on... You can try standing back a bit and summoning there.

That's exactly where I was standing. Guess you guys made the same mistake as well at some point. Thanks, I'll stand to the side next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ghouls are busy trying to pull Sinestra

Besides that trap door problem, it might be smarter to wait until the last add phase (right before cho'gall's phase 2) to pop your army, to help ranged with the adds that charge in hard.

That hidden elevator in the middle of the room seems to cause all sorts of issues. Any AoE's cast that are on top of it or overlap parts of the spell on to it will be either fully hidden or partially hidden under the circle, which makes the flame patches hard to see sometimes. Also, running through the circle will sometimes flip my camera a full 180 degrees so I'm now looking backwards, and it's not just me it's happening to, my guildies have said the same thing.

Tanking Cho'gall on top of the circle usually results in him "dancing" with me as well, which is incredibly annoying.

i read about a DK who dropped DnD on the trapdoor and instantly shot up to 60k DPS, pulled aggro, and died shortly after. he said he couldnt recreate it but it makes me want to try when i'm tanking him
    Sig Made by Mipeo

10+ Year Old Account
    use army at the start, if used before p2 it causes insane server lag and can cause multiple dc's. (it has nothing to do with individual computers or graphic settings)

Quote Originally Posted by stacker55 View Post
    i read about a DK who dropped DnD on the trapdoor and instantly shot up to 60k DPS, pulled aggro, and died shortly after. he said he couldnt recreate it but it makes me want to try when i'm tanking him
    Happened to me as well.

Popped AotD (off the trap-door of course) and the Tank pulled Cho'gall to the edge of the trap-door.

I dropped DnD partially on and partially off the trap-door, and began DPSing.

Shot up to 58,000 DPS within 3 seconds, and was dead before Omen even got a chance to go off.

ive never did cho gall,but ive always figured it was a bad idea to pop army of the dead before your tank has even engaged the boss

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    ive never did cho gall,but ive always figured it was a bad idea to pop army of the dead before your tank has even engaged the boss
    Best time to use army is pre pull in 90% of cases, this is due to the cast time of it, means you lose no dps and your runes are pretty much ready by the time you are personally ready to engage. Ofc there are situations where it's not possible or another time is better, but as a general rule.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    Why? Army does very little damage, none of the threat goes to you, and if you cat it during the 4 seconds before combat, that is 4 seconds you gain for dpsing in the middle of the fight.

Edit: Jeleh beat me too it.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits