Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Born BM hunter forced into MM/SV specs

For those wondering. BM still pulls 2-3k less than SV which in turn pull 200-1k less than MM depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    Staying surv since MM aimed shot got a badass nerf just before it went live :-)
    No, it did not. Not in any way.

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post

For those wondering. BM still pulls 2-3k less than SV which in turn pull 200-1k less than MM depending on the fight.
    Absolutely wrong. BM now does about 3% more than SV on single targets. SV still has the advantage in aoe situations of course. For single targets, SV is now the lowest dps spec.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2011-02-12 at 01:05 AM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post

MM > BM > SV for single targets. MM is about 15% higher than BM, while BM is about 2% higher than SV.
    MM still has much higher dps on movement fights.
    SV still has the advantage on AoE fights.

Very little reason to spec into BM, unless your raid is missing the 3% damage buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    All DPS flock to the highest DPS spec for their class.

You'll see a lot of Hunters now using SV + MM as their two specs. SV still wins on fights like Magma and Maloriak.
    I'll debate that. I play demonology.

Play what you want. Have fun

my hunter started as MM. than I discovered 'splodo shot. never looked back. unless me being SV cripples the raid. I'm staying the spec I enjoy. that's for all 6 toons

yesss...ok ill just tell you what i know...

im not a fan of "herding" to the next big thing..

but this time i thought well maybe i should try it...

so off to the dummy and yep..mm was consistently ahead in a doz tests..

so...i inform the raid leader new spec..mm is the "best now"..

till we got into the bot trash packs ..wtf ..has my dps gone..

thats ok so lets do the first boss....not startling..good ..but not startling..

down to theralion..pretty much stand and deliver right..good but not startling..was a good alt run..someone new wipes us

i just got this feeling..switch to svl..bam right where im sposed to be ..stayed that way for the next 5 bosses..

to be fair i didnt really train myself to "hard cast" aimeds full on ..but with the aimed nerf coming i speculate the shots the spec was intended to use will prevail...

mentioned in raid chat.." looks like i'm STILL a svl hunter"

Just read this on MMO-Champion. It was posted by Blizzard.

"We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk"

So-all Hunters will get a buffed Aspect but MM will see Aimed get nerfed. I'm thinking it will be a pretty substantial nerf for them to have to compensate for it in some way. It should bring the 3 specs closer together though so I'm all for it.

---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    MM > BM > SV for single targets. MM is about 15% higher than BM, while BM is about 2% higher than SV.
    MM still has much higher dps on movement fights.
    SV still has the advantage on AoE fights.

Very little reason to spec into BM, unless your raid is missing the 3% damage buff.
    I keep seeing people still saying BM has a disadvantage in movement fights when just the opposite has always been the case. It's even more so now since all of BM's abilities can be used in Fox aspect while things like Aimed shot can not. BM is still my spec of choice. I did a run as MM and didn't do any better than I would have as BM.

Your order of MM>BM>SV on single targets is right but there isn't a 15% difference between MM and BM, it's more like 9% which can be made up for in movement fights where BM has an advantage due to not losing as much damage while running around. The pet keeps on doing his 40% of the total which is far more than MM's 12%.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

Deleted
    I don't care if MM will be the best dps spec or the beast mastery will be the best dps spec, i really love survival spec, i always were survival, at WotLK ICC times when MM was the best dps spec, i was survival and i did the same dps if not better with other MM hunters even at 25 player raids.

I have respeced many times to MM to see how it is as spec and rotation and i just can't get used to it, yes i do almost the same dps with both specs but for me MM is way harder than survival.

So unless they reduce the dmg of explosive shot by 100% and increase the dmg of chimera shot by 1000% then i will never be MM.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    All DPS flock to the highest DPS spec for their class.

You'll see a lot of Hunters now using SV + MM as their two specs. SV still wins on fights like Magma and Maloriak.
    QFT

No matter what class/specc DPS will gravitate towards the highest dps specc. Things like preference or enjoyment entirely being derived from overall dmg output rather than the way it is delivered.

Stop being stupid people. Testing MM on target dummy and then comparing with SV is so stupid. You MUST take into the count that MM has both steady AND aimed shot benefiting from CAREFUL AIM but SV only has cobra shot. That is some amazing amount of crit especially if you are hardcasting aimed shot. Yes MM is better but the numbers are not correct if you take into consideration that bosses doesnt have 100% health all the time. MM will become better the better gear you have also so the difference at lower ilvl will be less than higher

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Currently hunters are headed in the best direction they have been in years.
    Pigeon holed into marksman again is the best direction they've been in years? I doubt that very much, and the spec is 10x worse then wotlk ICC.

I rolled hunter to be a MOBILE ranged dps, not a caster.

If they do the change to MM right, you won't be pigeonholed into any spec and can truly choose the one you like the best. This would absolutely be the best place Hunters have been in for a very long time.