10+ Year Old Account

sudden drop in frames since patch?

Yesterday, while standing in Org, I was getting between 50 to 60 FPS (and I have since I've had a decent card and played WoW). I had most of my video settings at high or ultra, with shadows and water quality as the exceptions. Today I downloaded the patch and my "setting" bar is locked at fair, everything is pushed down and my frames are at 20 FPS. Even manually setting everything to high or ultra, I'm stuck at 20 FPS. Any ideas as to what suddenly changed?

For reference, my hardware is this: an AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition @ 3.4GHz, 6GB of DRR3 ram, EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 260 @ 896MB, 650 PSU, 1TB HDD, and Windows 7 64Bit.

Deleted
    What happens if you disable the addons? Maybe something is incompatible there?

10+ Year Old Account
    I did that, and while my frames improve, I'm still locked at "fair" settings:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20...re22323222.png

Deleted
    What happens if you temporarily rename your WTF folder and let WoW re-create it, then re-do all your settings.

Better yet, take a backup of your WTF folder before you start doing anything silly with it. Just a hint :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bearxfoo View Post
    I did that, and while my frames improve, I'm still locked at "fair" settings
    The red bar is a "SET" command that you type in WoW or change in your config.wtf file. The command is: SET fixedfunction "1" which is why your settings are locked. To undo this type: SET fixedfunction 0 in game, close WoW and restart it.

Whether or not this fixes your fps problems.. well, we'll find out soon enough.

Yesterday, while standing in Org, I was getting between 50 to 60 FPS (and I have since I've had a decent card and played WoW). I had most of my video settings at high or ultra, with shadows and water quality as the exceptions. Today I downloaded the patch and my "setting" bar is locked at fair, everything is pushed down and my frames are at 20 FPS. Even manually setting everything to high or ultra, I'm stuck at 20 FPS. Any ideas as to what suddenly changed?

For reference, my hardware is this: an AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition @ 3.4GHz, 6GB of DRR3 ram, EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 260 @ 896MB, 650 PSU, 1TB HDD, and Windows 7 64Bit.
    Don't forget: There are always a different number of people in Orgrimmar. I know that when it's jam packed I drop to 50 fps, and when barely any one is there, I get my 60fps again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've fixed my FPS issues but not the bar being locked at fair. I tried typing that command into WoW but I must be doing it wrong, because all it does is have my character say it out loud. Noob moment, but how do I put that command in?

I've fixed my FPS issues but not the bar being locked at fair. I tried typing that command into WoW but I must be doing it wrong, because all it does is have my character say it out loud. Noob moment, but how do I put that command in?
    Like this:

/SET fixedfunction 0

Make sure you have the / at the beginning and it should work.
    Last edited by Prothall; 2011-02-09 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    Like this:

/SET fixedfunction 0

Make sure you have the / at the beginning and it should work.
    I did try it like that, and it gave me the typical "Unknown command, /help for commands" error.

10+ Year Old Account
    i had red bar in my options it was solved by updating my graphic card drivers the were suddently out of date O_o i was first like hmmm cant be and then went to system and searched for update and there was a update was fixed
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"