Darkmoon: Hurricane proc off physical attacks now?

According to Hunter's Union, the trinket may now proc off physical attacks, potentially bumping it to BiS. Has anyone tested this?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if it was coming from frostheim, then its been tested..

From http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

posted today

Unconfirmed: Darkmoon Card: Hurricane is reported to have been changed to work off of physical hit chance, rather than spell hit chance. This launches this trinket to a competitive option for best in slot, especially for MM and SV whose masteries increase the average dps of the trinket. This is not in any patch notes as of Monday night.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    From http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

posted today

Unconfirmed: Darkmoon Card: Hurricane is reported to have been changed to work off of physical hit chance, rather than spell hit chance. This launches this trinket to a competitive option for best in slot, especially for MM and SV whose masteries increase the average dps of the trinket. This is not in any patch notes as of Monday night.

ah got ya i wish his site wasnt jamming up ive been tryin to get on for an hour..

IMO, it does not change it very much at all. From what I've read and tested with that trinket, it has always been the proc chance that kept it from becoming a BiS trinket - not the fact that it could miss. I had quite a few dummy tests where it never missed once in 7 min test - what sucked what that it only proc'd once per minute or so.

Both Heroic Tia's Grace and Essence of the Cyclone always gave me better dps -- both on the dummies and on femaledwarf.com

The subject of this thread is misleading. [Darkmoon Card: Hurricane] has always procced off of physical attacks; the change is that the hit chance of the nature damage proc is now based off of melee/ranged hit instead of spell hit.

The topic should be, "Darkmoon: Hurricane uses physical hit now?"
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    IMO, it does not change it very much at all. From what I've read and tested with that trinket, it has always been the proc chance that kept it from becoming a BiS trinket - not the fact that it could miss. I had quite a few dummy tests where it never missed once in 7 min test - what sucked what that it only proc'd once per minute or so.

Both Heroic Tia's Grace and Essence of the Cyclone always gave me better dps -- both on the dummies and on femaledwarf.com

Well for me DMC Hurricane was 112 dps increase instead of Tias!!! Essence is better i believe but still depending on the procs DMC can outd perform FD if ur lucky to have 2+ shots per minute and with MM mastery which swings extra shots this maybe isnt that far from happening
    Retired

10+ Year Old Account
    WHU isn't always reliable, there have been many times where Frost has been wrong, cross check sources if your comparing stuff to get more accurate data.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

I just check maxdps, and now the dmc is bis trinket, dmc > heroics ones > cyclone 359 > alchemyst stone > tias > fluid death

i got tias, alchemyst, fluid death and dmc, i will need test for wich 2 are best atm for me :P

(i am survival)
    Last edited by Jutah; 2011-02-10 at 01:21 PM.

How is fluid death at the bottom of that list? That website sounds terrible. I'd only even consider DMC for survival (boosted proc chance for aoeing hmm?)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    That website sounds terrible.

Yeah, maxdps.com has always been a running joke among the hunter theorycraft community. It's amazing how much wrong information can be compiled into a single website.

What saddens me is that a lot of people actually follow its advice...
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Most sites for showing BiS for hunters (take trinkets for example) do not calculate the value (Fluid Death for instance) of the 10 stacks of 38 agi (380 agi). Thus making it a bad trinket on their lists. You cannot use these type of lists to gear, you need to *read* and actually use your head.

acutally i am using fluid death an dmc, but i have tias and alchemy stone, can anyone tell me wich one are the best ? and where i can check the bist gear and values, i am back to wow for cata, and before i was using maxdps, so i still using it :S

Pre patch BiS for trinkets was something like this...

Fluid Death
    Heroic/Normal Cyclone
    Heroic Tia's
    Prestor's Tailisman from Nef
    Alch Trink
    DMCH

I would put the new alc trink above DMCH... 351 agil is nice to have not to mention the added crit.

As stated above the issue previously with DMCH was that it rarely proc'd... As Surv it was very lack luster since neither Cobra/ES/SrS/BA could trigger it. For MM I would see this being ranked a bit higher since they will SS instead of Cobra which will lead to many more chances for the proc to occur.

I have DMCH and saw a nice DPS increase replacing it with normal Tia's... how sad was that! Thankfully cyclone dropped for me last night though /happy dance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NappyPalm View Post
    Pre patch BiS for trinkets was something like this...

Fluid Death
    Heroic/Normal Cyclone
    Heroic Tia's
    Prestor's Tailisman from Nef
    Alch Trink
    DMCH

I would put the new alc trink above DMCH... 351 agil is nice to have not to mention the added crit.

As stated above the issue previously with DMCH was that it rarely proc'd... As Surv it was very lack luster since neither Cobra/ES/SrS/BA could trigger it. For MM I would see this being ranked a bit higher since they will SS instead of Cobra which will lead to many more chances for the proc to occur.

I have DMCH and saw a nice DPS increase replacing it with normal Tia's... how sad was that! Thankfully cyclone dropped for me last night though /happy dance.
    i like dmch, and for the 14k i paid for it, I will be using it for a long time, regardless of what people say lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Demilune1 View Post
    i like dmch, and for the 14k i paid for it, I will be using it for a long time, regardless of what people say lol.
    I hear ya lol. I dropped 20K for mine 2nd week of cata. If you have the valor, Fluid Death is just sexy .

That said, DMCH is not aweful by any means. For its ease of aquisition it is quite a nice trinket!

Deleted
    DMC: H works off physical hit now, and for MM and Survival is a definite competitor for BiS as of 4.0.6, with the nature damage scaling from Survival Mastery and because of the zero internal cooldown its good for MM with all the Wild Quiver and Auto-Shots giving it a chance to proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    DMC: H works off physical hit now, and for MM and Survival is a definite competitor for BiS as of 4.0.6, with the nature damage scaling from Survival Mastery and because of the zero internal cooldown its good for MM with all the Wild Quiver and Auto-Shots giving it a chance to proc.
    very well said. and prolly going to be like you said due to AiS inc nerf. If AiS would go to rotaion as a hardcast DMC:H would lose its appeal to MM but as it seems not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    WHU isn't always reliable, there have been many times where Frost has been wrong, cross check sources if your comparing stuff to get more accurate data.
    Like when he said Survival was super overpowered over and over a month or 2 ago not taking into account scaling issues?

I personally will be taking anything Frostheim takes with a grain of salt because it seems he likes to express wrong opinions about stuff he doesn't know about.

Deleted
    Yes both melee and ranged attacks