Thread: StarFAIL

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

StarFAIL

seen a post right before this... but the guy is right go anywhere and pop starfall... attack the target first or w/e... target dummies for example start ur rotation pop starfall.... tell me what happens.
    yea it does no dammage now.. u got the big star above ur head symbolizing starfall but the target ur attacking recieves no starfall damage. me and another boomkin tested it. he went to rdm world mobs and still does no damage reguardless of bein in combat.

Starfall is doing correct damage in raids, in fact it is dropping 20 stars on a single target now.

Afaik the reason it isn't dropping stars on the target dummies is because the dummies do not have a threat table and aren't being considered in-combat by starfall and thus ignoring them.

The random world mob does seem a bit buggy though, as it has chosen to hit even those that are not in combat when being tested

It doesn't work on target dummies but works fine against mobs that are in combat (my guess is that target dummies don't have a combat flag?). It's been buffed a ton (especially single target - 20 stars now vs 10 before). I just did some TB dailies before work and all the new changes seemed to be working fine.

Gotta say, I am enjoying it more. You can actually use it in heroics, kinda lame for dummies, but let's be honest, why would you judge your dps by what happens on dummies? Standing still with no buffs will not show you anything close to what your raid performance would be, especially on movement fights. Getting used to the rotation? Hit starfall anyway, even if it doesn't do damage, YOU are still doing the rotation right, your damage will just be off.

It's because those target dummies are neutral mobs.

Don't believe me? Test with AoE's on those scarabs at the first Obelisk in Uldum. AoEs don't seem to hit neutral mobs right now.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Blizz change it so starfall only hits the targets that are in combat (which prevents those crazy ass wtf mob pulls in dungeons), which is probably why it did no damage to the target dummies? That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post

Don't believe me? Test with AoE's on those scarabs at the first Obelisk in Uldum. AoEs don't seem to hit neutral mobs right now.
    Starfall, Hammer of the Righteous, Consecrate, Thunderclap, none of these abilities have ever worked on these types of mobs before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post

I can't get my Searing totem to hit the target dummies, so I'm going to guess this is correct.

Starfall has the prettiest animation in the entire game. I don't care if it's bugged or anything, this will be my favourite spell.

Quote Originally Posted by ymmv View Post
    Blizz change it so starfall only hits the targets that are in combat (which prevents those crazy ass wtf mob pulls in dungeons), which is probably why it did no damage to the target dummies? That's my guess.
    this doesn't work either, i did the holiday boss and my starfall hit the neutral horses

I just did Lost City of Tol'vir, using starfall as much as possible. Only one pull did it slip up. The trash right after Lockmaw's tunnel thing, we were clearing the right side of the walkway, and I starfalled, a single star hit a scorpion pet on the left side of the walkway. Other than that, complete success, way better than it was before (where I definitely would have pulled that group).

i tested it in BRC on teh pat in front of corla.... it hit the pat... and the boss we werent in combat with >.<

It's pretty unreliable right now. Sometimes I can starfall freely....other times I pull every mob in the room before Valiona and Theralion.

Agree with u, i've tested and its impossible to start a fight with Starfall, does no dmg.... wht a fail, omfg

I presume that SF isn't ignoring CC'ed targets, but can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by ymmv View Post
    This is what I thought too, but during Karsh Steelbender in H BRC last night my boomkin alt kept getting troggs from around the room when I popped Starfall. Or did I misunderstand the changes and a glyph is required to prevent aggro'ing things you are not in combat with?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    This is what I thought too, but during Karsh Steelbender in H BRC last night my boomkin alt kept getting troggs from around the room when I popped Starfall. Or did I misunderstand the changes and a glyph is required to prevent aggro'ing things you are not in combat with?
    It seems like it aggros nearby things that may be randomly in combat, such as mob's pets/guardians. It is fairly buggy, it's still better than it was before, imo. There is no glyph to add the "in combat" effect to starfall that you mentioned, just reduced range to 20 yards and 10% more damage, plus cooldown reduction glyph.

Mine still hits targets out of combat, but at least it does proper (ridiculous) damage now. Critting for 20k+ in raids per star.

Deleted
    What I want to know while on the subject of the new target picking mechanic for Starfall is: do CCed mobs count as in combat? If the answer is "some", which do and which do not?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is bugged as hell atm. It can randomly hit out of combat targets, the drop speed is somewhat random, and it can drop more than 20 stars. I tested it in TB last night and 2 starfalls, which should drop 40 stars, ended up dropping 64. I had people getting hit with it three times in .3 second. We should expect "nerfs" in the form of fixes soon. Though, the cynic in my thinks they will fix the too many stars bug before the hitting in combat targets bug.