why i like blizzard :)

after years of playing many mmorpgs i just felt i'd make a thread about blizzard and why i like them as a company

unlike most online games, blizzard have actualy listened to what the players would like to see in the game. they have taken our primitive and vague ideas, and moulded them in almost exactly what we would have hoped to have seen. more often than not they have created content we would have never expected or thought of ourselves.

most other online games are very ignorant in this sense. they impliment updates that they feel will make the game expand and what theeeyy think we will like. yes these other online games have forums just like blizzard do, were you can post your suggestions etc.... but how many of them actualy get back to you? blizzard are one of the very few companys that make you feel like you have been heared. suggestions that are worthy of suggesting usualy get a response from blizzard, and although not all of these ideas are put in place, it is still nice to have a response of somebodys view on the topic and to know that blizzard have taken in your feed back.

blizzard has a great customer support, although many of you will choose to disagree.... i havent played any mmorpg's that offer in game support, despite the very long waiting time, the ingame support makes resolving issues much more easier and they fix most problems before leaving.

overall Blizzard cares about its customers, old and new. the changes they make, the support they offer and the expansions they release are all designed for the players they already have to keep us all happy and make sure we keep playing
    i cant say that for any other mmorpg i have ever played in my life. pretty much every online game i have played focuses all there efforts in luring new players in to the game. the content they release is just to sparkle things up, it does not relate to what people would have liked to have seen, and overall they do not care about there current players. truely awful customer service's that on most games i get the impression is automated. why bring out updates and changes that our current subscribers will enjoy? when we can bring out updates that will get us more money (typical games company mentality - no extra money? why bother)

anyway, i just thought i would dedicate a post to blizzard and how much of a respectful company they are. i dont feel cheated out of my money when paying for WoW (i pay for 2 accounts)
    for all you hardcore nerds that QQ because blizzard did this, n that, blizzard made the tree the wrong colour *sob sob sob* .... your lame, go get ur dummy, your cries over petty topics hurt my ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like WoW and Blizzard.

I have tried many MMO's but I always go back to WoW. There's something about WoW and Blizzard that never ceases to amaze me. But that's probably just me and a few other people.

I have honestly not once QQed about anything in the game. Not once.

And to the OP: Finally, someone who is appreciating Blizzard for the work they do.
    All the players do is criticize Blizz without first understanding how difficult it is to appease a 13 million playerbase. There will always be people who won't like the changes, but they do their best to serve their customers.

Me too, they are tasty.

I personally love Blizzard and hope to work for them someday! (Getting a bachelor's degree in Game Design)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barker View Post
    Me too, they are tasty.

MMMM I see reeses peanut butter cups!!! my favorite!

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwathir View Post
    I personally love Blizzard and hope to work for them someday! (Getting a bachelor's degree in Game Design)
    Oh hey, I might see you there then. I'm getting a degree in digital arts and would love to work for Blizz as a concept artist or such. Or Bioware. Either one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by greengrower View Post
    for all you hardcore nerds that QQ because blizzard did this, n that, blizzard made the tree the wrong colour *sob sob sob* .... your lame, go get ur dummy, your cries over petty topics hurt my ears.
    Exactly.

10tenzehn

10+ Year Old Account
    Me too, they are tasty.

That is the best! But in all seriousness, I like Blizzard, too. I've followed the Warcraft series since the first game waaaaay back in 1994 (can you believe it has been 16 years?!), and while there are things about the game(s) that have bugged me, Blizzard has been awesome about patches, content updates, and balancing. Nothing to complain about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody must be a Frost Mage! Lol

I really enjoyed Warcraft 2 and later Starcraft. Diablo 2 was the first game that sucked me in super bad! I've also enjoyed WoW for 3+ years. So yeah, there's a reason why Blizzard Entertainment is one of the top names in the industry. Can't wait for D3...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread made me hungry. But yes, props to blizzard that has created and sustained a game that ive payed for and played for 6 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by greengrower View Post
    (i pay for 2 accounts)
    for all you hardcore nerds
    Anyone else see the irony?

Thing I like is when they reply in forums is like you are talking to someone young that also play the game and have humor, and not to people with costumes carrying money.

example : http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/154886/fools
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

+1 for keeping hacks out of the game and adding content regularly. Coming from Diablo2 (hack and slash RPG) it was so infested with hacks Blizzard finally gave up on trying to stop it. I have high hopes for Diablo3 being maintained like wow, fighting hackers and adding content.

And yes i know there are hacks in WoW but none that disrupt my gameplay aside from a herb/minning node being stolen from under ground.

Put this on the official forums to make em feel happy. :3

Deleted
    After reading the Op it feels like hes trying to groom me for a Cult.

Me too, they are tasty.

Damn you! You just ruined my evening.

Deleted
    Me too, they are tasty.

hahahahah XD
    well blizzardfans raise your hand
    we play trough the class nerfs and resist the QQ
    blizzard forever <3
    since warcraft 2 =d

Here the most telling facts about how I feel about Blizzard.

1.) My play time on WOW > then any other game I have ever played.
    2.) I got my account hacked and they were nice enough to get my stuff back. For those that think that account security is only Blizzards problem STFU you are stupid and deserve to be hacked.
    3.) I have become addicted. Can't think of any other game that has gotten me to that status before.