Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    Because of one achievment?

lrn2logic.
    Sets a bad example for future similiar scenarios.

We all know that everyone draws current knowledge from previous experiences, and I think you see where I am going with this.

good that i got my 54 reps soon 56

and nowday its not that hard to farm the reputation much factions where nerfeddown where you needed pre nerf weeks and now perpahs 1-2 days

Probable bug is probably a bug.

those titles are ezmode compare to insane in the membrane.. that title requires skill patience money and time! all that a good gamer should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Sets a bad example for future similiar scenarios.

We all know that everyone draws current knowledge from previous experiences, and I think you see where I am going with this.
    It just makes it more difficult to get, whats the big deal?

I personally like a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of one achievment?

lrn2logic.
    Nope just one of MANY bullshit things they have done with this expansion......
    *sigh*
    My logic is fine is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Hennek View Post
    those titles are ezmode compare to insane in the membrane.. that title requires skill patience money and time! all that a good gamer should have.
    I lol'd. Yea, I bet you're one of those who don't even know how to get it... It was nerfed so hard its not even funny anymore. Can be done in a few days.

I don't care that I lost my title, 5 more reps is ridiculously easy after coming all the way to 45.

I do care (why? noted below.) that this change happened without any warning or indication at all. I hope it's a bug, because the changing of achievement awards shouldn't be taken so lightly! There are those of us who would reach a higher bar if it was set for us:]

My stance is reinforced with the fact that keymaster disappeared sometime ago without warning and our keys taken away. I carried those things around before a keyring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    After rerolling 2 times (once in BC and once in WotLK) I have to say that this title is only easy if you played with this charakter during the expansions.
    If you farmed classic rep with one, bc rep with another and then started in the middle of wotlk with another again then it will cost you some time to farm the classis and bc factions.
    Of course there are a lot but it's not like that only the option of farming for a lot of factions makes it easy.
    Doesn't matter if there are 100 or 50. If you need 50, you have to farm 50.
    Like I said, this is especially for people who started with wotlk / cata or rerolled.
    And I spend a lot of time to farm all the bc + classic factions with my (newest) main so this seems a little unfair imo.
    Also they shouldn't take something away which you earned. Bad example for the future! Especially if they are leaving things like the title for lk hc etc ingame this doesn't make any sense imo.
    You miss the point that now you can go back and SOLO all of them at level 85 to get you rep where, at the time, we/you/they had to get groups together to grind the places to death. It is easier now with anything from WotLK and up of course and the silly ass tabards, but old school stuff is easier as well as it can be farmed on your own time, it just TAKES time. This title should not be easy to get... nothing should be EASY to get or it becomes worthless.

That said, if you already had it... they should not have taken it away. Should have made a new title like... The Cherished or The Really, Really Well Liked.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Deleted
    It just makes it more difficult to get, whats the big deal?

I personally like a challenge.
    That's the point I am trying to make.

It was a challange to get the damn thing and now that challange is rendered moot.

I admit, if they just beef it to 45 it makes perfect sense as Cataclysm added roughly 5 factions but removing earned achievements (the rewards) are not something they should start doing.

That said, if you already had it... they should not have taken it away. Should have made a new title like... The Cherished or The Really, Really Well Liked.
    <the Prom Queen> ?

Does anyone know if being exalted with one's guild will count toward the achievement?
    Last edited by Ozy; 2011-02-08 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordlight View Post
    harder achievement titles to get.
    Harder Achievements? Time consuming maybe but definitely not hard.

My old Main is sitting at 39/40 exalted factions, admittedly I did play the toon all through TBC and Wrath so I was bound to get a lot of them with time but it definitely wasn't any harder than getting the 'Classic/Outland/Northrend Dungeon Master' achievements.

I haven't even started the new reps on that toon so I know 50 won't be all that more 'difficult'.

It's a bad decision, plain & simple.

With that being said, I still have it, and I wear The Seeker anyway, so it doesn't personally affect me.

We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title. With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more.

We did consider offering multiple titles for the various tiers, but "the Exalted" fits so perfectly and we wanted to avoid a potentially infinite string of titles like "the Fairly Exalted", "the Nigh Exalted", "the Mostly Exalted", etc. We also considered grandfathering in those who had already earned it but think that this title can be a unique testament to the continued efforts of reputation hunters and keep the same value as we introduce more reps and push the requirements up to match.

It's different than every other rep in the way we're raising it with a new bar to meet, and I do apologize that it wasn't communicated clearly beforehand that it was going to be functioning this way. Source

They shouldn't take away titles that have already been earned. I don't mind them upping the difficulty, but titles should be grandfathered.

Otherwise, next expansion,we are all going to have to earn our titles again.

At first I was like "" but then I realized I never once used The Exalted title so, oh well!