10+ Year Old Account

Finisher Macro Help Wanted!

Hey guys, I'm not the hottest whiz kid behind the keyboard when it comes to making macros, but I'm sure the rogue community is some of the best macro makers due to all our mundane little macros we have (vanish/cloak, sap, stealth, stealth eating, shadowstep/premed, you get the point). Recently in PvP though, mainly for unrated BG's I have found a particular strategy that seems to go well for me, but I think there is a way i can make an uber button to finish some people with the help of a single button macro (multiple key presses). My strategy is to carry out the fight like normal, keeping up poisons, rupture, and recup, but once my target falls beneath the 35-40% health range, I energy save, till almost full, then unleash as follows: Mutilate, Mutilate, Cold Blooded, Envenom. This leaves my opponent little to no time to recover from that amount of burst, especially with a 4-5 point envenom crit with all poison stacks, that alone is about a 20-25k crit in PvP gear.

Now here is what I envision and want help with, the Macro: It needs to be a command sequence, obviously the moves in the order mentioned above, and if possible, a reset timer in the case I can't finish the sequence (perhaps a 10-15 second reset), also, not necessary, but useful, if the image would change correspondingly to the next ability in line. I know I'm asking for a lot but if someone could help me bring this macro to life for me, that would be AWESOME!
    (also, Cold Blooded could just be bound to activate directly with Envenom, so if it is on cooldown Envenom still goes on)

Again, any help or feedback would be great

/castsequence reset=15 Mutilate, Mutilate, Cold Blood, Envenom

think that should work

Well it's simple you see what you do is:
    1) Put Mutilate on your keyboard and use it twice. no need making a macro to do so as you aren't going to be in good shape with that wasted Cold Blood if one of the Mutilates is dodged or parried.
    2) as far as the Cold Blood/Env macro goes it looks like this:
    #showtooltip Envenom
    /cast Cold Blood
    /cast Envenom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiseptic View Post
    /castsequence reset=15 Mutilate, Mutilate, Cold Blood, Envenom

think that should work
    This is potentially all that I need to do? that exact macro? I feel so stupid that it's that easy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aoremas View Post
    This is potentially all that I need to do? that exact macro? I feel so stupid that it's that easy :P
    Well but don't ignore what Duhsquish mentioned. Using a macro like that is not advisable because it will use your cold blood regardless of how many cp's you have on the target, and its possible after using mut twice you still have 0 cp. Since mut and envenom are both already on your bar, the safer way would be to just use a cb/envenom macro.

Deleted
    Seriously, keybind CB to ahotkey, and get used to fire it manually.

Apart from hard hitting finishers, CB has a variety of other uses, most notably forcing a Mutilate crit and thereby 3CPs for when you need them (full duration KS, long time Recuperate). Macroing CB to a "finish off" macro is wasting an important CD by restricting it to a single purpose, where it could fulfill many.

Btw. if an enemy drops low enough to die from this, AND lets you pool your energy high enough without doing anything to prevent you from doing nothing but autohitting him, he would die anyway, macro or not.