Gamecard selling

Seen alot of people in trade selling Gamecard for gold, is this with or against the wow policy?

Against wow policy.

dont think its technically against. as far as i know you cant trade IRL money for in game items, not sure if they consider game cards in game items though
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    dont think its technically against. as far as i know you cant trade IRL money for in game items, not sure if they consider game cards in game items though
    They consider game time cards the same as real money in terms of that policy.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    Nothing is illigal about selling tgc card for in-game gold either

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that i've read a blizz saying something like this:

trading ingame stuff for ingame gold - legal.
    trading irl stuff for irl gold - legal
    trading ingame stuff for irl gold - illegal

Which means trading gamecards is illegal.

Deleted
    It is against the policy. If you see someone doing it and you report them to a Game Master, they'll tell you ''Thank you for reporting this issue to us, I've taken care of it and the player in consideration will be punished accordingly ''. Then I asked him what kind of punishment but there he kept it secret '' I can only tell you that his situation has been taken care of '' .

So resuming, try doing it in trade and prepare yourself for either a warning on your account or a 3-5 days ban most likely.

Here is how it works. They buy time with a stolen credit card number, they sell it to you for gold, which they then sell to someone else. The credit card gets charged back and Blizzard takes away your time. You are out your gold and you're the patsy for the crime because it looks like you're the one that bought the goods with a stolen credit card number.

I don't support doing so as it's against policy, and you could be permanently banned.. but I've bought my last 8 months of time from 60 day timecards bought over /trade and /guild without any warning. This is likely only because I wasn't reported, if I were caught doing it, I probably would have received at least a temporary ban, if not warning.

There is huge risk when you do this.. the reason it's against policy is because it's very possible that you'll be scammed, and they don't support those issues. If someone steals your gold, they might ban the other person, but they probably won't be giving you your gold back since it was being used for an RL code.

You should ask your friends first and guild second, trade never. This isn't GM sanctioned and doing so publicly could get you banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Here is how it works. They buy time with a stolen credit card number, they sell it to you for gold, which they then sell to someone else. The credit card gets charged back and Blizzard takes away your time. You are out your gold and you're the patsy for the crime because it looks like you're the one that bought the goods with a stolen credit card number.

That's not how it works at all..... nothing to do with stealing credit cards..... First of all it's game cards, and only a handful of places sell game card codes online, so while this might happen every once in a while the biggest thing that happens behind this is people who are to afraid to buy gold, they buy cards, and find a "safer" way to get gold than through gold farmers, or when the cards are stolen, they are stolen from large scale retailers where they don't lock up the gamecards, and you just open up the box, shake the card out of the box, and walk away like nothing happened.

I'm not advocating it, but it's fairly simple to do, and as more people catch on (this has been something that has been happening for years) and realize you can make good money from it more people are doing it. Not stealing credit cards, you give people too much credit.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature