Lightbulb Warlock Professions - What's Best?

I recently was told by my guild that my lock was needed in raids (have always been shammy heals) and now need to grind up professions for her that will give me the most dps boost. I currently have JC and Engineering.

It seems as always that JC is a great profession, but Engineering seems to be lacking other then having the 359 crafted head piece. Anyone know if they are going to add more stuff to it soon, or should I drop it, replace my helm and level up another profession?

Also, I have 3 orbs sitting in my bags for engineering, but am not using them. Anyone know if they will go away if I drop the profession?

Any help is greatly appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    They are all close enough to where you should take what you like the perks of better.

If you like proc or on use effects you should take Tailoring and/or Engineering. If you like constant bonuses you should use the others. Or mix/match between them.

Consider if you want to use them for money making or just as a stat increase. Also how you want to make money as its different between them and require different amounts of work/time investment.

As a warlock I personally am JC/Enchanting. I went JC back in wrath when you could put the gems in any socket color for huge benefit. I kept it because I invested alot of time in the recipes and like making my own stuff. Enchanting I dropped Inscription for because I was tired of it.

Actually, in general, both Tailoring (lightweave) and Engineering (glove spring synapse thing) will net you more INT (even though they're a proc) over the course of a minute than the static amounts from BS/JC/LW and others. If you absolutely wanted to min-max and price was no problem -- go Tailoring/Engineering.