Help! 4.0.6 Priest PvP.

So I have been looking around to find a decent PvP Priest guide and to my dismay I haven't found one. So I wanted to ask a few questions.
    I have been disc since I started WoW on my priest (except for leveling) for both PvP and PvE, but in the most recent patch I am at a loss. I was told Holy was a better PvP build over Disc because Disc just cant hold up against a warrior for example. Whereas a Holy priest has Lightwell, Empowered Renew, Chakra, ect... and their heals, such as flash and a Gheal can heal through their damage. So what is better? Holy or Disc?

Also, does Spirit play a part in PvP if any? Most guides I have seen are all about haste in PvP So I was wondering if I would be reforging my spirit to haste instead of crit, mastery, ect...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Deleted
    spirit plays a huge part in pvp healing (aim for around 2k combat mp5).

spell pen (until cap) > hit (until cap) > int > spirit > crit > haste/mastery

haste is always nice for pvp, but with pvp gear + full haste gemming you can't reach a decent ammount of haste without hugley sacrificing other stats (like spirit), so atleast for the time being we are ignoring haste. i would say for example- once you can maintain 7k unbuffed SP, 2k combat mp5 and decent resi, then start looking at haste.

for spec + glyphs, feel free to copy mine if you plan on doing BGs or rated BGs. i don't play arena, and i am sure the spec would differ slightly.

So We are looking at
    7K SP
    4% Spell Hit
    200 (Soft Cap) 240 (Hard Cap) Spell Pen.
    2K Combat Mp5

For Gems,
    Red: Brilliant Inferno Ruby
    Yellow: Mystic Amberjewel
    Blue: Purified Demonseye

For reforging what do we want to reforge?

What about Mastery? Does that play an important part in PvP?

Also, what about the debate between holy and Disc? Can anyone provide evidence that suggests holy is better then Disc or vice versa?

Edit: Also, I do do Arena's, mainly for fun with an enh shaman. It isn't too bad actually. My armoury is as follows, I am just starting out keep in mind >.<
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/jelna/simple
    Last edited by Serendipity_09; 2011-02-09 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i still think disc is better for arenas. for bgs holy might be better.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one problem I have with discipline pvp and that it is very hard to get hit capped...

Either we go 6 points into shadow (forsaking what I would consider almost mandatory talents in the holy tree) to get Twisted faith or we reforge alot of haste/spirit/mastery/crit -> hit.

Unless you are an engineer and stick a 200 hit rating gem in your helm its going to be difficult without sacrificing alot of stats.

And unfortunately with either the working as intended or bugged 4piece set bonus & Body and Soul issue in the holy tree its hard to consider keeping to holy pvp....

I really think they need to put a talent in the disc tree (or roll something into a talent like grace) that gives us hit rating.

Paladins get hit rating from their holy tree and resto druids get it from balance (Which is where they would stick their extra talent points) but shamans (Imp Ghost Wolf in Enhance tree is almost mandatory) and priests get the raw deal with having their spirit hit talents in the wrong trees.

guys give holy pvp a try it hella fun!
    this is the build i have been using
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bbZfurrR0rof0ohr0o
    because with body and soul, 23 sec fear, 4peice set, and chastise it so easy to kite fool if they try to stay on u. and if they let u sit back and heal (like idiots) go into heal chakra and pump out some awesome healz
    oh did i mention with improved pw: shield as holy you have 18k shields?

and also one of the things i like the most about holy pvp build it is so flexible compared to disc builds. there are so many alternatives to how to spec!

some things to note tho about holy. pvp spirit on gear is really low so you will have to gem and chant for more spirit.(like other have said aim for like 2k combat regen) if you decide to pick up the talent twisted faith you don't have to worry about hit at all!
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2011-02-09 at 02:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity_09 View Post
    For reforging what do we want to reforge?

What about Mastery? Does that play an important part in PvP?

Also, what about the debate between holy and Disc? Can anyone provide evidence that suggests holy is better then Disc or vice versa?

Edit: Also, I do do Arena's, mainly for fun with an enh shaman. It isn't too bad actually. My armoury is as follows, I am just starting out keep in mind >.<
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/jelna/simple
    mastery WOULD be amazing, but our shields can be dispelled, so its useless .

reforge to whatever stat you lack (most likely hit).

holy and disc provide completely different things- holy has much more healing, disc has less mana issues in BGs, and looots of absorbs, more survivability etc

at the end of the day its down to what playstyle you prefer, i have played disc since i created this character, so i have stuck with it (and rocked it) through the good and bad in cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    guys give holy pvp a try it hella fun!
    this is the build i have been using
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bbZfurrR0rof0ohr0o
    because with body and soul, 23 sec fear, 4peice set, and chastise it so easy to kite fool if they try to stay on u. and if they let u sit back and heal (like idiots) go into heal chakra and pump out some awesome healz
    oh did i mention with improved pw: shield as holy you have 18k shields?

and also one of the things i like the most about holy pvp build it is so flexible compared to disc builds. there are so many alternatives to how to spec!

some things to note tho about holy. pvp spirit on gear is really low so you will have to gem and chant for more spirit.(like other have said aim for like 2k combat regen) if you decide to pick up the talent twisted faith you don't have to worry about hit at all!
    I've heard that at the moment the 4 piece priest set bonus and Body & Soul are not working.... You don't get any speed increase from using PW: Shield. Not sure if its a bug or working as intended.

well as of last night on the ptr it working fine.

what the 4 piece does is make u immune to slows
    body & soul just makes u run faster

like i said it was working fine last night on the ptr

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    well as of last night on the ptr it working fine.

what the 4 piece does is make u immune to slows
    body & soul just makes u run faster

like i said it was working fine last night on the ptr
    holy shit....they finally made a change to help priest mobility? O_O ....this almost makes up for frost mages. almost.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.