Feral kittys new changes - haste > crit?

Just curious as to what people have reforged / changed with the new changes?

I reforged all my crit into mastery or haste since I was under the impression that haste was going from "Meh" to "Yay" in this patch - but I'm not a theorycrafter and I don't have any of them fancy Mods like Rawr or anything so I don't know if I made a big mistake doing this or not.

I tried out comparing the dps using the target dummys and to me the numbers look about the same, if not better with the fact of me reforging to haste.

Are there any of you theorycrafters out there that can tell me that I made a big mistake and tell me how so? (With minimal numbers please- I suck at math and it starts to give me a headache - literally) or anybody else that knows better that can lead me in the right way before my raid starts in about 4hours? xD

Also, just wondering if anybody has any good websites that I can lookup all our BiS gear so I can decide exactly what bosses I need to be doing for the specific type of gear.

Thanks.

This is PvE we're talking about btw
    Last edited by trikss; 2011-02-08 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trikss View Post
    Just curious as to what people have reforged / changed with the new changes?

I reforged all my crit into mastery or haste since I was under the impression that haste was going from "Meh" to "Yay" in this patch - but I'm not a theorycrafter and I don't have any of them fancy Mods like Rawr or anything so I don't know if I made a big mistake doing this or not.

I tried out comparing the dps using the target dummys and to me the numbers look about the same, if not better with the fact of me reforging to haste.

Are there any of you theorycrafters out there that can tell me that I made a big mistake and tell me how so? (With minimal numbers please- I suck at math and it starts to give me a headache - literally) or anybody else that knows better that can lead me in the right way before my raid starts in about 4hours? xD

Also, just wondering if anybody has any good websites that I can lookup all our BiS gear so I can decide exactly what bosses I need to be doing for the specific type of gear.

Thanks.

This is PvE we're talking about btw
    pretty sure crit still > haste = mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, crit was NEVER ahead of mastery and mastery is still our top secondary.
    Haste should have overcome crit at most gear levels but not by enough for dramatic differences.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

Deleted
    According to Mew, with my gear (ilvl 350 from heroics), Crit is still superior to Haste (but it's extremely close), Mastery still behind far better.

According to http://fluiddruid.net/

Mastery is still best secondary stat, then:
    * ilvl 346: Prefer crit to haste
    * ilvl 359: Crit/haste roughly equal
    * ilvl 372: Prefer haste to crit
    Assuming you have one of the 3% crit meta gems.

yeah I've always had mastery as my top stat, but pre patch I was forging haste into mastery and haste into crit where I couldn't forge it into mastery - ok, this is my armory...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riola/advanced

So that about right? OR change my haste reforges back into crit? Those posts kidna confused me x_X

Still waiting on anyone to recommend a website for BiS =)

With my gear set according to mew (Armory is Óda - Frostmane)
    Stat weights:

Weapon DPS 3.6
    Agi 2.1
    Str 1.6
    AP .8
    Mastery .7
    Crit .6
    Exp .54
    Hit .53
    Haste .53

Results may vary.

The better your gear gets, the more valuable haste becomes. Agi>Mastery>Haste>Crit is if you're mostly epics, Agi>Mastery>Crit>Haste is for heroic blues. You say you don't have time but you could have used the Mew Java applet in the time it took you to read this thread and wait for replies. It loads through google, you put in your stats and it tells you your stat priority.

Mew has haste edging crit out, all things considered who here doesnt crit 50%ish? Personally being able to smash shred more is more dps.

Fully raid buffed for my gear:

Strength=2.26847,
    Agility=2.95954,
    Ap=1.08022,
    CritRating=0.94927,
    HasteRating=0.94881,
    MasteryRating=1.12108,
    HitRating=0.8235,
    ExpertiseRating=0.8235
    Last edited by kliffharry; 2011-02-09 at 04:02 PM.

Pretty much mastery > haste = crit >= hit = exp

You'll only gain negligible dps by picking one over the other, and the priority between haste and crit changes based on gear/fight/buffs/etc.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted
    I reforged, regemmed, ran to dummies, reforged back, etc etc the entire afternoon and realized haste/crit kind of has the same value as long as you stack one of them but I suppose stacking crit is still smarter though since most items have crit/mastery and not haste/mastery (atleast my gear?). Agi > Mastery > Crit/haste which was written before and that it depends on buffs, fights etc.