4.0.6 Destruction Questions

Firstly, I'm new to mmo-champion forum, I would like to say hi to the community and thanks everyone in advance who address my questions.

The ISF now give a self buff for fire & shadow dmg by 8%, does it conflict with CoE or it does additional 8% dmg on top?

Due to the removal of 15% haste from ISF which makes it hard and nearly impossible to reach 30% haste raid buff with BiS 359 iLVL gear. It now require 2587 haste with raid+DI buff. The only possible way to reach the amount is to sacrifice all crit to haste and gem haste as well which will result a dps lose. Question for the removal 15% haste is: should warlock now ignore the 30%/25% haste for the extra immolate and corruption tick? From my point of view is to stack crit from reforge like 4.0.3 and ignore the haste, my unbuff ratio will be 19.5% crit & 9% haste. Or should i change the ratio to 15.8 crit & 15% haste.

Last question i would like to ask is about mastery. I know mastery is still the lowest stats among crit and haste. Just say if im really close to reach another % mastery level and i can obtain that by sacrificing 1 reforge, should i do so for additional 1.35% fire dmg?

Thanks all again for reading this.
    Last edited by Edifier; 2011-02-09 at 12:29 AM.

I'll just ask here before I start a new thread or anything, but ...

At what gear level is it viable for a lock to be able to hit the 7th immolate tick ? I'm aware of what the number is, but with my gear level at average 354 I don't seem to be anywhere near able to reforge all my crit and mastery into haste to be able to hit it. Only way I could make it is if I don't care about being spellhitcapped.

This is, however, without busting out a calculator ...

Right now I'm at 10.43% (1335) haste, 16.03% crit (1404), 11.68 (659) mastery. Just doesn't seem viable to get over 1200 more haste rating ...

Quote Originally Posted by Edifier View Post
    Firstly, I'm new to mmo-champion forum, I would like to say hi to the community and thanks everyone in advance who address my questions.

The ISF now give a self buff for fire & shadow dmg by 8%, does it conflict with CoE or it does additional 8% dmg on top?

Due to the removal of 15% haste from ISF which makes it hard and nearly impossible to reach 30% haste raid buff with BiS 359 iLVL gear. It now require 2587 haste with raid+DI buff. The only possible way to reach the amount is to sacrifice all crit to haste and gem haste as well which will result a dps lose. Question for the removal 15% haste is: should warlock now ignore the 30%/25% haste for the extra immolate and corruption tick? From my point of view is to stack crit from reforge like 4.0.3 and ignore the haste, my unbuff ratio will be 19.5% crit & 9% haste. Or should i change the ratio to 15.8 crit & 15% haste.

Last question i would like to ask is about mastery. I know mastery is still the lowest stats among crit and haste. Just say if im really close to reach another % mastery level and i can obtain that by sacrificing 1 reforge, should i do so for additional 1.35% fire dmg?

Thanks all again for reading this.
    Don't stack crit. For the best results, sim your own toon to find out which stats have higher values. Generally if you are destro spec'd, at current gear levels haste > crit, due to the change of the ISF buff.

Personally, my values were Crit = ~1.0, Haste - ~1.1 before 4.06. Now, crit is ~0.98 and haste is at ~1.28. These were simmed with 10k iterations and a 4 minute fight length and 20% variable times.

As for mastery, it scales with the amount of mastery rating you have. For examples' sake, if 100 mastery rating = extra 1.5% fire damage, if you have 50 mastery rating you will gain 0.75% extra damage. You do not need to hit mastery 'plateaus' to gain the full benefit of mastery.

To Count Zero, I haven't really done any calculations, but from my current gear state I reckon that even with full ilvl372 gears, it'll still be a struggle to reforge everything to haste for the 7th immolate tick. Gimping your hit rating would be unavoidable if you plan on fully reforging to haste.