Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 4.0.6 Notes Update, 4.0.6 Hotfixes, Haste Bug

Haste Issue Causing Ability Errors
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    An apparent last-minute bug which was not found on the PTR before the patch was finalized has caused the client and server to disagree on the way haste affects resource generation. This bug will manifest itself in the UI showing a player they have enough resources to use an ability, but the server correctly prevents it as they in fact do not. A death knight for example might see a rune light up that isn’t actually available so when they use the ability, it won’t fire. A rogue may think they have enough energy to use Sinister Strike, but they can’t actually afford it so when they push the button, they will get an error. This bug could affect rogues, death knights, hunters and Feral druids, because these characters all gain more resources from haste. It will also affect buffs that affect attack speed, such as Slice and Dice, Windfury, Icy Talons, and Hunting Party, but also attack speed lowering effects like Thunder Clap. We're currently working on a fix.

Patch 4.0.6 Notes Update
    Blizzard added a couple of notes after the release of the retail patch notes, let's call it the "ahah! I'm in your raid nerfing your bosses!" update.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Achievements
    • Two new achievements have been added for earning exalted reputation with 45 and 50 factions respectively. The title The Exalted is now awarded for earning exalted reputation with 50 factions, up from 40.
    • A new achievement, Just Another Day in Tol Barad, has been added for completing all of the Tol Barad daily quests.
    • Achievement Bug Fixes
      • Players should correctly receive the achievement Faster Than the Speed of Light (Halls of Origination) if they die prior to the party meeting the criteria.
      • The achievement criteria for Prototype Prodigy (Deadmines) correctly resets after a wipe.

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Mage Bug Fixes

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Paladin Bug Fixes

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Talent Specializations
    Discpline
    • Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time.

Dungeons & Raids
    The Bastion of Twilight
    • Ascendant Council
      • The Elementium Monstrosity can be attacked from farther away than was previously the case.
      • The damage dealt by Liquid Ice has been increased significantly.
      • The damage dealt by Electric Instability on normal difficulty has been reduced slightly.
      • Immunity effects will no longer cancel Gravity Crush.
      • Gravity Crush no longer hits additional targets on Heroic difficulty.
      • Frozen Orbs now despawn at the start of phase 3 on Heroic difficulty.
    • Cho'gall
      • The recast time on Depravity has been increased in 10-player mode.
    • Halfus Wyrmbreaker
      • Shadow Nova is now cast less frequently in 10-player modes to account for fewer available interrupts there.
      • The captured drakes in this encounter now apply Dragon's Vengeance when they are killed instead of when they are freed. To account for this change, the health and damage of the drakes has been reduced, and the damage bonus gained from Dragon's Vengeance has been increased.
    • Valiona and Theralion
      • Immunities no longer port players out of the Twilight Realm.
      • The damage dealt by Twilight Sentries on Heroic difficulty has been reduced.

Blackwing Descent
    • Atramedes will now go berserk after 10 minutes on Heroic difficulty.
    • Magmaw
      • Blazing Bone Constructs on Heroic difficulty no longer drop fire periodically.
      • Blazing Bone Constructs on Heroic difficulty have had their health reduced.
      • Magmaw's health on Heroic difficulty has been reduced.
    • Maloriak
      • Increased the cast time of Release Aberrations.
      • Heroic: Decreased the health of the Vile Swill by 15%.
      • Heroic: Dark Sludge can now only target players.
    • Nefarian
      • The Chromatic Prototypes featured in the second phase of this encounter now wait longer before casting their first Blast Nova.
      • The Stolen Power enhancement gained in Heroic difficultydifficulties now increases all damage and healing for a set time, but each attack is increased by a smaller amount. This change will not be reflected in the tooltip until a later patch.
      • Freeing one's mind from Dominion now grants a movement speed bonus for a short time.
    • Omnotron Defense System
      • There is now a 10-minute berserk timer on Heroic difficulty.
      • Golem health has been reduced on Heroic difficulty.
      • The damage dealt by Incineration Security Measure has been reduced.

Throne of the Four Winds
    • Al’ Akir
      • Al'Akir's Electrocute can no longer be interrupted by Spell Reflection.
    • Conclave of Wind
      • Heroic: Slicing Gale debuff reduced from 10% per stack to 5%.
      • The duration of the Wind Blast pre-effect has been increased to 5 seconds, up from 3.

The Deadmines
    • Fixed a bug where players would sometimes have mounting issues after engaging Helix Gearbreaker in any incarnation.

Throne of the Tides
    • Poisoned Spear: The impact of this damage has been reduced.

Professions
    • Ink Traders have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

Patch 4.0.6 Hotfixes
    Additionally, some hotfixes were just applied to Live servers!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    General
    • Escape Artist again correctly removes movement impairing effects.
    • Players who have used the Paid Race Change service to transfer to a goblin or worgen character post-patch 4.0.6 can properly use the Dungeon Finder again.
    • Love Is in the Air has been extended by 48 hours. The in-game Calendar should now reflect it runs through February 20.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Disentanglement (new passive specialization) is now properly functioning for Restoration druids, allowing them to get out of root effects by using Shapeshift. Logging out or changing zones no longer causes the spell to be unlearned.
    • Attempting to use Warstomp while in Tree of Life form returns a "You can't do that yet" error and does not cast the spell.

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Dungeons & Raids
    • Blackwing Descent
      • Maloriak's Aberrations should correctly spawn even if Vile Swills are still alive from the previous phase.
    • Shadowfang Keep
      • Lord Walden again correctly uses Ice Shards and Toxic Catalyst.
    • Throne of the Four Winds
      • Conclave of Wind bosses now correctly regenerate health out of combat.

Items
    • The Fire-Etched Dagger swing speed was too slow and has been updated. The tooltip will not reflect the updated time of 1.7 seconds until a client-side patch can be applied.
    • Heroic and normal versions of Magma Plated Handguards did not have enough Strength and have been updated.
    • Heroic and normal version of Sapphirium Handguards did not have enough Strength and have been updated.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-02-09 at 08:59 AM.

Very happy this haste bug was fixed...oh wait.

Better late than never I guess.

nice plz fix that haste

15+ Year Old Account
    Very happy about all the changes to 10-man heroic modes. Warranted and good changes.

Deleted
    Slowly backing to brainless bushing buttons. Some unnecessary nerfs for bosses ~~

I could have sworn they made CS generate HoPo on misses on purpose. The raid was pretty jarring tonight having no idea this change would take place.

Also, for the record, I hereby irrevocably and openly declare bullshit. Verily so.

Deleted
    Not all are nerfs...
    Council: Nerf AND Buffs
    Cho'gall: 10-men tuning
    Halfus: 10-men tuning and maybe a buff, since now you perhaps have to do more damage at all in the same time (AND smite-priests will be nerfed for this encounter 'cause the core-mechanic for working them so fine was changed)
    Valiona: Nerf and Buff
    Al'akir: Fix
    Conclave: Doesn't matter, since the debuff doesn't do anything important at all
    Magmaw and Maloriak: Nerfs
    Atramedes: Buff
    Omnotron: Buff and Nerf
    Nef: Tuning

Deleted
    Halfus will be much easier since you will be able kill one drake by one. No more needing for crazy spamming 3-4 tanks

Deleted
    As you still need some dragon abilities (at least storm rider, welps and time warden) you should free them from the beginning so nothing really changes, except that you now need to kill the dragon to do enough dps on halfus to beat him in time
    Last edited by mmoc03779e49a8; 2011-02-09 at 05:50 AM.

Thank god, I hate that stupid haste thing, the ob and frost strike are allways lighted up and half the times I cant even use it. Its so wierd. Atleast they fixing it.

The raid "Nerfs" are really only for heroic difficulties so it only affects basement dwelling nerds with to much time.

So Crusader Strike now generates Holy Power half the time. At least there are other ways of doing it, though.*

(*there isn't.)

heroic maloriak is just terrible now, increase maloriak hp or something because we need to stop dps for the entire last blue and red phase

Thank god for the chromatic prototypes shizzle , they were so annoying when you're trying to get out of t3h Lava

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    The raid "Nerfs" are really only for heroic difficulties so it only affects basement dwelling nerds with to much time.
    Becouse you are bad in this game doesn't mean that only nerds are doing heroics. Many 3 n 4 day raiding guilds are @ 6/12 hc + (like my guild). Got life, got studies and still have some time to play.

Go for 5m hc and be happy that u will be able FINALLY finish one (with ur cool buffs). ~~

15+ Year Old Account
    So how the feck do I download the patch? I log wow and it says I need to restart to download the patch but nothing happens and the launcher says wow is up to date, tf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice tweaks on HC raids they will tune encounters to a more logical level of difficulty in 10man.

Deleted
    It's more like: "Ah ah, i'm stealing your titles!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So how the feck do I download the patch? I log wow and it says I need to restart to download the patch but nothing happens and the launcher says wow is up to date, tf?
    This happens to me aswell :S~ What's going on here? My game launcher tells me its up to date, but the ingame patch no. still says 4.0.3 and im prompted to again download the patch.

Does anyone know a cheapfix to this? Perhaps I can download the patch somewhere and apply it?

~ Update: When I restarted WoW it finally looks like it started the proper download.
    Last edited by cnas; 2011-02-09 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    Not happy, things are going back to WOTLK difficulty. GJ.