Thread: Copernicus?

Copernicus?

This new MMO one of my friends told me about, that's apparently super hush hush right now, but it has R.A. Salvatore working on the story, they have Todd Mcfarlane's art, and Ken Rolston's designing it. I'm seriously wondering what kind of stuff these guys will put together, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I've been to a site that shows more than this, but I can't find it now.

http://38studios.com/

Here's the other game they are doing:
    http://reckoningthegame.com/
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-02-09 at 07:22 AM.

Yeah, Reckoning is supposed to be like a single player version of the mmo or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing on it other than what you have listed.

Curt Schilling's MMO is a big time/money-sink, but it's good to see that he's willing to drop a lot of his own money to learn that lesson.

Trailer looks generic as fuck, not sure why they had to hire R.A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Irritation View Post
    Curt Schilling's MMO is a big time/money-sink, but it's good to see that he's willing to drop a lot of his own money to learn that lesson.
    You'll never see a game development company more passionate and about and genuinely invested in the game content they are creating. Seriously, if you don't find the end product to be something worth playing, then you may as well just give up on the genre. You'll never find anyone else more in tune with the players of their game and more eager to produce something that MMORPG fans will want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    Trailer looks generic as fuck, not sure why they had to hire R.A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane for that.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that they weren't hired simply to produce that trailer, and that it is only a minuscule view into what they are creating.

Yes Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning is the first game and is also a SP rpg adventure. It is supposed to set the lore up for the MMO portion of the next game.

I think the way they are going about it is pretty awesome and it might turn out to be quite badass.