Enhance and spell hit cap.

Ok, so I hear everywhere that enhance needs to reach the spell hit cap. Infact, every shaman ive ever communicated with has said so, but why? I'm special capped for melee, and dont have much additional hit (I think about 9.5% at most), and by just eyeballing it I have never seen a miss on any spells and the occasional recount never showed any spell misses. So today I decided to really keep track during our guilds raids. We downed 8 raid bosses, and I looked at recount after every single one of them, and did not miss a single shock/LB/CL. So is there another reason to cap spell hit? And if so, is whatever it is worth sacraficing roughly 1k worth of stats that could be used for say mastery?

Somebody wins the lottery every week, looks like you used up all your luck.

I dare you to be on interrupt duty or heroic Halfus and see how many wipes it takes before you're kicked out of raid for not being spell hit capped.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Somebody wins the lottery every week, looks like you used up all your luck.

I dare you to be on interrupt duty or heroic Halfus and see how many wipes it takes before you're kicked out of raid for not being spell hit capped.
    Yeah Im not spell hit capped (this week it should change) and I am on interupt duty on Maloriak and Arcanotron and yeah, when youre unlucky...your raid pays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboon View Post
    Ok, so I hear everywhere that enhance needs to reach the spell hit cap. Infact, every shaman ive ever communicated with has said so, but why? I'm special capped for melee, and dont have much additional hit (I think about 9.5% at most), and by just eyeballing it I have never seen a miss on any spells and the occasional recount never showed any spell misses. So today I decided to really keep track during our guilds raids. We downed 8 raid bosses, and I looked at recount after every single one of them, and did not miss a single shock/LB/CL. So is there another reason to cap spell hit? And if so, is whatever it is worth sacraficing roughly 1k worth of stats that could be used for say mastery?
    Sorry dude, but I have a really hard time believing you didn't miss anything. I tend to miss spells even when I'm less then 1% away from spell hit cap. You won't miss on trash mobs with low hit, but you mill miss on bosses.

Being spell hit capped, is more important because of interrupts. We just downed Heroic Maloriak tonight, and trust me, with my low damage on adds, the only reason I wasn't replaced by a good ranged dps was my ability to interrupt. It's also important on fights like Nefarian, where a enhance shaman can solo interrupt a platform. It's not 100% necessary to have a enhance shaman solo interrupt, but if you group is expecting you to do so, and you miss, it will be a wipe.

On your way to being spell hit capped you also gain a ton of white damage, which also leads to more maelstrom procs. Don't think of it as a wasted stat that could be spent elsewhere, think of it as your #1 priority. Sorry dude, but being hit capped and expertise capped is just something every raider has had to do for almost all of the expansions.

Well then I must be the luckiest person ever, because in the 8 bosses we did tonight (everything up to nefarion in BD, lolBH, and halfus/V&T in BoT) I missed 0 spells according to my recount. Tonight I checked my recount religiously, just because when I used to check it occasionally I noticed I didnt miss any spells on bosses. However you would think that with about an 8% chance to miss I would have missed at least once when im constantly dpsing and main interupts for my raid.

I guess what im asking is, how sure are we that spell hit even applies for enhance in the same way it does ele? Are we positive you need the full 17%? Im not against getting capped if thats the case, and if I see proof of someone missing spells while melee capped as enhance, or even so much as 1 miss from myself, ill go ahead try to cap it. Though, its reasonable to assume that blizz may have changed enhance to not need the full cap, since 17% hit AND 26 expertise really is asking a lot.

Well then I must be the luckiest person ever, because in the 8 bosses we did tonight (everything up to nefarion in BD, lolBH, and halfus/V&T in BoT) I missed 0 spells according to my recount. Tonight I checked my recount religiously, just because when I used to check it occasionally I noticed I didnt miss any spells on bosses. However you would think that with about an 8% chance to miss I would have missed at least once when im constantly dpsing and main interupts for my raid.

I guess what im asking is, how sure are we that spell hit even applies for enhance in the same way it does ele? Are we positive you need the full 17%? Im not against getting capped if thats the case, and if I see proof of someone missing spells while melee capped as enhance, or even so much as 1 miss from myself, ill go ahead try to cap it. Though, its reasonable to assume that blizz may have changed enhance to not need the full cap, since 17% hit AND 26 expertise really is asking a lot.
    Do you have WoL by any chance? Recount can be bitch sometimes

I dont, does recount lie on occasion or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    recount is not that accurate.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I think your recount is busted.

The spell hit cap is the same for every class, some just have talents that make it easier to reach. Enhancement does not.

Yes you need to reach spell hit cap and expertise cap to reach max dps. I know it may seem like you need to gem/reforge for a lot of hit/exp but once you get better gear it's not bad at all.

I find it hard to believe you did not miss a single spell after clearing 8 bosses while 8% under spell hit cap, that would be statistically outrageous.

Ways to check if your recount is busted -
    Is it showing misses for your auto attack?
    See if you miss any interrupts on raid bosses(It should be pretty apparent if you do if you're the only one interrupting).
    On Chimaeron when you get the 3 sec slime debuff cast some earth shocks during it, and see if recount displays the misses(the debuff is like 75% increased chance to miss or something).

Remember, increasing your hit will also give you more white hits.

I guess what im asking is, how sure are we that spell hit even applies for enhance in the same way it does ele? Are we positive you need the full 17%?
    Yes, we are positive.

Skada and Recount stoped showing misses.
    To track your misses use ForteXorcist which is a nice totem/shock/buffs etc timer and it also whispers when u miss or parry or anything like that.
    Spell hit cap along with exp cap are the first 2 things u need to achieve...to max ur dps and to make sure u interrupt everything u should interrupt.
    Cheers
    Zoulis