1. #1

    Pyrium-Laced vial/Sands of time issue

    So i recently decided to get a sandstone drake and get the mats myself because it is cheaper than buying one raw and I found out i could get it cheaper by getting a goblin to buy the mats for me, I gave him the 23200 it cost to get it but when he traded the mats back it came up with "retrieving data information" and he said it was there so I clicked accept and now all the mats are missing. Is there anything i can do to show them? I've ticketed a GM to try get this resolved but if anyone has had this problem before or could direct me to a thread with this issue I would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    42
    In general if i get problems like that i just delete my Cache folder and it generally resolves the issue.
    Only other time ive had tooltip lag is generally first days after a major patch or when i just log in with a hella lot of people around me (think SW bank in trade district in peak hours)

    Not saying that will be your issue, but give it a try it might work for you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoona View Post
    In general if i get problems like that i just delete my Cache folder and it generally resolves the issue.
    Only other time ive had tooltip lag is generally first days after a major patch or when i just log in with a hella lot of people around me (think SW bank in trade district in peak hours)

    Not saying that will be your issue, but give it a try it might work for you.
    Just tried that and although it did fix a lot of tool tip issues for me in some vendors it did not make the items appear in my bags, any more ideas? :\

  4. #4
    High Overlord Khamael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    134
    Sounds like typical after-patch-problem... I had a similar problem back in another Addon. GM just send me the mats after Checking the logs.

    Just wait for the ticket

  5. #5
    The GM ticket failed due to them saying they could not trace the trade :\ any other advice? I reticketed them stating to check the person i had buy the mats logs to see if he bought them and where they dissapeared off to but im out of ideas after that.

  6. #6
    How well did you know this person? Are you sure you just didn't get scammed and this person didn't return the items to you at all, essentially having wasted your 23k gold?

  7. #7
    Hi OP.

    Not sure if it's the same issues for you as it was for me but.

    How I'm reading your post, you have inventory slots taken by items which are just displaying "retrieving information" when you mouse over?

    If this is the case, then navigate to your WoW folder, right click (if windows) and check the properties of the folder, if the "read only" box is checked then try unchecking it and allowing windows to do the same to all sub folders.

    This fixed the same issue that I had with other mats. I later found out this was due to an addon which I'd installed recently, so if this fixes it for you, you may also want to review any recent installs yourself.

    Good luck.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexibility View Post
    Hi OP.

    Not sure if it's the same issues for you as it was for me but.

    How I'm reading your post, you have inventory slots taken by items which are just displaying "retrieving information" when you mouse over?

    If this is the case, then navigate to your WoW folder, right click (if windows) and check the properties of the folder, if the "read only" box is checked then try unchecking it and allowing windows to do the same to all sub folders.

    This fixed the same issue that I had with other mats. I later found out this was due to an addon which I'd installed recently, so if this fixes it for you, you may also want to review any recent installs yourself.

    Good luck.
    I do not actually have the items in my bag they were lost in trade, So I cannot physically mouse over them :S but i tried your method as well and no luck D:

  9. #9
    It sounds like you got scammed, never heard of items being lost in trade myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    It sounds like you got scammed, never heard of items being lost in trade myself
    The item pictures themselves got put in trade and there was the right amount but when we both hit accept the items just dissapeared and he was a friend so he wouldn't really scam me :P

  11. #11
    Did he get the gold?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneeyedjack View Post
    Did he get the gold?
    Not yet GM ticket still in process, it was estimated 2days >_<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •