Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why nerf heroic bosses that we downed and ignore the non-killed? (10Man)

I must say this is a huge dissapointment, overall Catac was the expansion worth waiting for.

So why, why nerf the Heroic raid bosses that we alrdy downed? I don't get it.

Why on earth would you nerf maloriak when he's the third boss you go for and loads of guild alrdy killed him before this lolish nerf. just makes our hours of progression sting like hell.

Currently have 6/13 hc in 10man and of these like 4 is getting nerfed it just makes me feel owned, forcing us to progress for those awesome attempts then just piss on us and let the newly arrived guilds kill them with less difficulties. Not only do they kill them with less problems due to nerfs they also seem to drop comments on how easy the Heroic mode were, and all you can do then is to *SIGH*

Maybe it's me overreacting, what do you guys think?

You thought they wouldn't change the bosses? They always do this, just a matter of when. You can just be glad to show off you achievment date for killing it and smile I guess. In a year or two when these raids are forgoten and easyly done in greens it won't matter who was nerfed.

Exactly, people would have to be quite foolish to think blizz would not have eventually done some nerfs. Stop living in a fantasy world that takes place in a fantasy world, none of this means anything to your life or what you've "accomplished" in a game that you enjoy playing. People clicked some buttons and killed a boss before a nerf, grats to them! My heros!!!!!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, wannabe special snowflake there...

Blizzards gets input from those bosses -> sees need for tuning -> does tuning.
    Blizzard gets less input for later bosses -> not enough data to consider tuning -> no tuning.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by noidic View Post

Blizzard gets less input for later bosses -> not enough data to consider tuning -> no tuning.

Simple as that.
    Damn he beat me to it.

They had data on the fights that got tweaked, and acted on it.

Fights should be hard by design, not hard because players have had to work around some design flaws like having casts that are difficult to interrupt.

Deleted
    I must agree with everyone here that showing off is never a good thing.

In your theory that Paragon should be raging all the times, there were lots of encounters got nerfed after they downed them. You should learn something from them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    You can just be glad to show off you achievment date for killing it and smile I guess.
    This, pretty much. "Pre-nerf Mimiron HM" is still a valid concept those who care to differentiate throw around. Of course, none of these bosses have become a similar epic pain of an encounter as Mimiron became nor received a similarly substantial nerf (and thus gathered a "reputation" of being a prestigious kill if done pre-nerf), but the point remains. If you feel the bosses are remarkably simplified, just close your eyes, smile and think of that timestamp on that golden bar you got in your achievie-window.

And yes, this happens. Every damn time. Whether it be to "optimise" or to "allow accessibility" or to tickle the fancies of great elder gods from beyond, no one tends to know for sure, but nerf happens.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gee, let me answer this without sarcasm.
    Maloriak add nerf - in response to Frost DK/Demo lock aoe nerf. In addition, you always get crap under your feet instead of it landing on pets/totems.

Next one is ... oh wait, that's all? Huh, so what exactly is your problem.

Magmaw change is ... well, I'll judge it when I see it. I always thought it was retarded to have boss where the best strategy is to kite two sets of adds, with one of the running across half the instance. Certainly easier job for the kiters now, perhaps harder for rest of the raid who actually has to kill the skellies.

In addition, they fixed yet another Atramedes exploit, "creative use of Guardian Spirit mechanic" on two bosses (or more?) and added two berserk timers (though Atramedes one is kinda silly). You make it sound like the only thing this patch brought are nerfnerfnerfs, whereas in reality it's quite a few other changes.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2011-02-09 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Well, they have been doing this since beginning. One of the reasons I stopped raiding so much. We (my old guild) were among the best progressguilds during BWL and later Naxx. In BWL we were raiding 18-24 everyday and discussing tactics a few hours after each raid. And because of that we made quite good progress. But there were alot of whining on the official forums from ppl that thought they could go in and oneshot everything to get their lovley epics.. So most encounters got nerfed, ALOT.. And it continued like this, so it shouldn't come as a shock now so many years later?

Deleted
    As I stated I could be overreacting since I just needed to get objective thoughts before I did my 100% statement.

I did actually forget about the "cleavedmg/aoe" balance which actually makes bosses as maloriak harder -> nerf=balance.

but still some of the nerf did come abit to soon imo like the conclave nerf, the wind boss is going to be cake from now on.

I don't know how you took my first post but it wasn't really meant to be a whine post alltho it could've looked very much alike one.

Just wanted to see some respons.

cheers

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyo View Post
    but still some of the nerf did come abit to soon imo like the conclave nerf, the wind boss is going to be cake from now on.
    I dunno, it was pretty silly that majority of boss difficulty came from Rohash. What exactly is happening on Anshal for DPSers? Completely nothing. Nezir? You dps him mostly during ultimate, so nothing, plus frost patches don't really hurt that much more than normal. Rohash? Wind Blast is pretty much instagib. So are Tornadoes. Shield ticking >3 times = deaths.
    Having a boss where majority of fight happens 200yards away and you don't even see it - while rest of the raid is just enjoying simple tank&spank - is silly. It would be like having Nefarian phase 2, where 2 pillars are empty but you still need 2/3rd of your raid just standing there, while 8 people do the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Titancore View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care about your complaints...they r just nerfing hc s and raid bosses due to make it playable for everyone (casuals, low skilled players, guilds can not raid properly, starters etc...) to keep and add more ppl to wow in order to make more money...
    Oh yeah, they certainly changed Heroic Raid bosses for 'casuals' to farm.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2011-02-09 at 12:57 PM.

Blizzard doesn't care about your complaints...they r just nerfing hc s and raid bosses due to make it playable for everyone (casuals, low skilled players, guilds can not raid properly, starters etc...) to keep and add more ppl to wow in order to make more money...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noidic View Post

Simple as that.
    QFT.
    Pretty much sums it up doesn't it?
    Major QQ = Major nerf

Also, don't you think it's funny how it took them 3 months to realize how badly they screwed up alot of things that should've been corrected before the release of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Also, don't you think it's funny how it took them 3 months to realize how badly they screwed up alot of things that should've been corrected before the release of the expansion?
    Not really, no. Who said it took them 3 months to know something was wrong? It took them 3 months to have a patch loaded with all of the solutions, that is in no way indicative of the time that they acknowledged a problem.

Deleted
    Overall pleased with the changes. Simple things as interrupting doesn't require certain classes anymore in 10-man versions. Magmaw seems reasonable now when you actually can kill the constructs.

But heck, am I the only one baffled with the change to Halfus Wyrmbreaker?

The captured drakes in this encounter now apply Dragon's Vengeance when they are killed instead of when they are freed. To account for this change, the health and damage of the drakes has been reduced, and the damage bonus gained from Dragon's Vengeance has been increased.
    I do not know how to approach the heroic encounter now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    But heck, am I the only one baffled with the change to Halfus Wyrmbreaker?

I do not know how to approach the heroic encounter now.
    It's weird when they change the mechanics of a fight and not just fix some bug or issue.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    It's weird when they change the mechanics of a fight and not just fix some bug or issue.
    Yeah. This essentially restructures the entire encounter. We will have to live through multiple almost-instant Shadow Novas while suffering from heavy fire ball and fire breath damage. Tanks will face a frenzied Halfus and stacks cumulated almost too fast even with the Nether Scions Vengeance.

Kite Halfus with two tanks taunting him between each other. Hero on the pull, a third tank tanking Nether and Storm and the raid somehow killing them before Halus got taunt immune, then proceeding to the other two drakes. Can't think of anything else, lol.

edit: Perhaps this will be easier. It does make some sense, with the old state being chaotic. It's just so different.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-02-09 at 01:15 PM.

Possibly they did something with heroics because some of those fights were as difficult as raid bosses for a lot of people. They didn't do anything with raid bosses because.....well, they are raid bosses. They shouldn't be as easy as heroics.

With the first major content patch you will likely see some changes to raid bosses. In the meantime, Blizzard isn't wanting (and rightly so) for everyone to just blow through the raids. They could make it so everyone can blow through quickly and listen to everyone QQ for 4 or 5 months wanting new content because they are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by xotrem View Post
    Possibly they did something with heroics because some of those fights were as difficult as raid bosses for a lot of people. They didn't do anything with raid bosses because.....well, they are raid bosses. They shouldn't be as easy as heroics.

With the first major content patch you will likely see some changes to raid bosses. In the meantime, Blizzard isn't wanting (and rightly so) for everyone to just blow through the raids. They could make it so everyone can blow through quickly and listen to everyone QQ for 4 or 5 months wanting new content because they are bored.
    ...But they DID do something to raid bosses. Heroic Raid bosses is what this post is about.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?