Lightbulb Resto: the first valor points

Hey guys and girls

Today i just crossed the 1650 mark of valor points, højt Canterbury seem to decide what to buy for my resto druid..
    I could buy the nice int trinket or wait a few weeks and get something like the tier pants..
    Where do you think i will get the best bang for my bucks so to say
    Please consider that i am at entry level gear and have done the first few bosses in 10 man!

My armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../lessqq/simple
    I know the biggest upgrade is the trinket right now, but farming a trinket sholdnt take that long.. So im talking about the best long term choice here!

Many thanks in advance

Deleted
    I personally went for the trinket 1st

But since u have the alch stone getting the 2nd trinket from vp might not be a the best thing at the moment since there a number of prospects

1. Get the int/haste trinket from Stonecore for now, and use the valor on something like a ring/cloak/relic
    2. Buy a darkmoon card, expensive but if u have the gold to burn
    3. Could buy a tier piece but bh does also drop them (i know at a low rate)

I think it all comes down to personal preference, whatever you choose wont be a bad choice
    Last edited by mmoc01311a6754; 2011-02-09 at 12:11 PM.

Personally for me - this order

Boots
    Gloves
    Legs
    Relic
    Ring if you need one
    Cloak if you need one

If you are beginning to raid I would go with the list above.

Trinkets - make or buy the Tsunami if easy for you. I wouldn't buy the VP one.
    T11 Chest is arguably the piece to miss and get the offset chest from Magmaw.

Deleted
    Personally, just looking at your armory etc etc

I would go for the boots first.
    Don't bother with the legs/gloves till you're convinced argaloot hates you and will not drop your class/spec combo !

In short -
    Boots
    Relic of Norgannon (spirit isn't everything on every single piece)
    Cloak
    Trinket ( if still applicable )
    You say you can farm the DMC / Other trinket easily so that removes the need for you to buy the trinket straight out.
    Last edited by mmoc1638a82470; 2011-02-09 at 12:27 PM.

I say boots; that was my first purchase and I don't regret it! I won't be replacing them anytime soon.

I honestly didnt think people would recommend the boots, but seeing the only competition for the spot is from chogall i see the logic..
    I havent had any luck with trinket drops but money wise ill try to scrap together some money and see if i can get a dmf card

Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    I honestly didnt think people would recommend the boots, but seeing the only competition for the spot is from chogall i see the logic..
    I havent had any luck with trinket drops but money wise ill try to scrap together some money and see if i can get a dmf card
    That was exactly my thought process in deciding my purchase. I think the vp boots are even better than the normal chogall boots.

I went for gloves first, i plan on getting legs next those were/are the best stat upgrade for me.

for me:
    gloves
    shoulders
    boots
    ring/trinket

I have never had a single drop in the pvp instances so i'm not counting on getting the drops from there. and i've been keeping an eye on the AH for the boots but they never get below 25k on my server.

Thank you for this thread I am Boomkin/Resto OS (although it seems like I have been Resto more than Boomkin due to fights requiring interrupts) and I was trying to weigh which of the VP trinkets would fit me best for both specs. But after reading this, I will spend my VP on the boots since they are good for both specs.

There are many things to consider when making your first few purchases.

1.) How much gold do you have? The boots are the best upgrade because they will not be replaced until Sinestra. Depending on your gold and what your servers going rate for boots is, you could be able to snag a pair without spending any VP. This is the first thing you want to consider as the boots are the best thing you can buy with VP right now. Also, and especially with this week being the DMF, try to get a Tsunami card. Many people claim that Core of Ripeness is godly and must be your first purchase, I'm no famous god of resto druids, but I STRONGLY disagree with this. Tear of Blood which drops in Stonecore I believe Procs something like 1900 spirit for 15 seconds, which will give you spirit during that 2 minute cooldown and benefit you much more greatly over all during a boss encounter, if you burn through mana super fast and consider Core of Ripeness as a second innervate, you have mana management issues and are overrating this trinket. There also is a trinket from the Tol Barad faction and it is only 125 coins, a week and a half of dailies pretty much. So depending on your gold, Boots+Trinket are obtainable by other means.

2) What bosses is your guild working on and what kind of progress do you guys make? There is an amazing healer cloak (spir/haste) from the twin dragon things in BoT. This is far better than the VP cloak which gives mastery. If you are already downing this boss, or will be in the next week or so, hold off on the cloak. There is also a chest from Magmaw which will save you from spending VP on the chest. Also Omnitron Defense system drops a nice healer ring. I would not bank on getting gloves/pants from Argaloth as the loot table is just so large, if you do great, but don't bank on it. Also note that there is NO 359 relic drops, so the only 359 relic obtainable right now is from VP. So what do I think you should buy based on this wall of text?

Boots(If you cannot obtain through gold, I would try to exercise every option possible before spending VP on them though)
    Gloves
    Relic(Not the best upgrade, but the only 359 one available)
    Ring
    Pants - You could get the pants before the ring, if you can't down Maloriak yet. Lowering the priority of the pants though will increase your chance of getting them from BH or from Maloriak. If you aren't gonna down Maloriak any time soon though, may wanna get the pants sooner.
    Trinket - There are many, many trinket options though. Don't buy this unless you just have terrible luck with them.
    Cloak - if you still have not got the one from the twins yet.
    Chest - if this is worth buying, not even sure what the stats are, I have the Magmaw one so I am not concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Serpenth said, it depends on a lot of things.

Look at what ou're progressing through. Does it look like if you buy the tier peices, you'll get the rest of your t11 off bosses soon? If not, wait because 2 piece isn't very good.

Are you doing arch? Do you have money for DMCs? Tbh, depending on what boss you're on, what your upcoming gear looks like, the trinket is the biggest up for anyone. Outside Fall of Mortality and those said above there are no easy trinkets to get. If you had the time, I'd say go for Tyrandes doll but lest be honest, not everyone wants to farm arch all day. The trinket, especially if you have a resto shaman, is a huge up.

Besides that, everything is going to be an up unless you already have an epic of it. Look at what bosses you wont be doing for a long time and judge it off that.

Thanks all for the input.. I know myself, and hopefully some other druids will benefit from your wisdom