Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    It's interesting how many people keep chanting the same garbage as if it even remotely resembled some kind of valid rebuke:

- "NOW FERALS ARE LIKE THE OTHER MELEES"

No, we aren't. Our offense and defensive were designed around our mobility, which is now gone. Fear was a hard counter against us back in Vanilla and TBC, when we did not have Berserk, which is now also pretty much gone. We do not have abilities like CloS, Vanish, AMS, IBF, Death Grip, DS, Strangulate, Lichborne, Bladestorm, Spell Reflect, Second Wind, Intervene, Berserker Rage, Grounding Totem, Tremor Totem, Wind Shear, Glyph of Shamanistic Rage, Hand of Freedom or Acts of Sacrifice. The only unique thing we have left in this context is... Barkskin. Everything else that we can use those other classes have on top of everything else, we have a Shadowstep copy that is complete crap against moving targets, we have a Shield Wall copy and we can remove snares by spending a GCD (which everyone and their mother can now basically spam passively or on GCD).

- "BLEEDS TICK FOR LIKE 13K"

No, they don't. We have around 33% Crit Chance, not 100%. A Feral in PvP Gear hitting a player in PvP Gear will see Pounce tick for virtually nothing, Rake for maybe 5k crit and Rip for below 8k crit. Bear bleeds aren't even worth mentioning. Our pressure against high armor target is horrible.

- "SHIFTING OUT OF ROOTS IS OVERPOWERED"

The one who brought this piece of barely coherent nonsense up was Blizzard. People complained about getting killed by something they diddn't comprehend (as they always do), not shapeshifting. Druids could shift out of roots and snares since forever and aside from possibly WSG, it was never overpowered, and it still isn't.

- "FERAL WAS DOMINATING PVP"

Oh, really? I guess that's why most RBG Groups ran Holy Paladins als healers, Resto Shamans as purge bots / secondary heal and filled virtually all DPS slots with Frost Magi, Warlocks and Warriors. And I also guess that's why the only melee spec with worse representation in highly rated 3v3 than Feral were freaking Ret Paladins.

---

If your argument can be reduced to any of those points, don't even bother.
    I cleaned up this post a bit to make it less offensive. the points it raises are COMPLETELY VALID.

Personally, the Bleed change and the Beserk changes were good. these were not bad changes. the only change i have issue with is the root change. but, no matter, i'll just have to do my TBP Dailies in Boomkin spec and get a questbuddy till 4.1.0 when blizzard gets rid of the kneejerk part of the feral nerfs. *shrug*

Please blizz, lock Mitzen out of the Druid and mage development areas.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Easy fix that would make everyone happy, have barkskin remove one root effect when used TADDA! solved.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fenixblade View Post
    A lot of classes have only a trinket to depend on... A lot of classes don't also have cyclones, roots, and the ability to break out of EVERY snare in the game... seriously.. come on.
    Name one melee class that has only a trinket to depend on to prevent or break roots. (besides Druids)

Every class has some form of CC.

Now from the changes feral druids are effected by more CC than any other class thanks to hunter scare beast and druid hibernate. <---- This point alone is all anyone should need to hear to know that feral druids are now useless in competitive pvp.

I would rather still be able to break out of roots and not snares than break out of snares and not roots.
    Last edited by S0V3R31GN; 2011-02-09 at 08:41 PM.
    Such feeble minds..

I'm a casual feral PVPer. I have no qualms with the changes. Instead of QQ about what used to be and what could have been, I try to adapt to the changes and roll with it.

So now I get rooted by mages. What do I do with this extra time stuck in one spot? If the caster is still in range, I will try to toss off a cyclone. If he is not, I can toss off a quick heal while they're moving away. Besides Frost mages, I haven't found many classes with roots that have completely shut down my movement (yet).

I think it's still early to cry foul and say Feral is dead. In a casual BG, I was still able to hold off 5 guys trying to take me down for a good minute with my cooldowns up. I was able to take 2 of them down. Granted, some other classes might have the ability to do this as well, it's a far stretch from saying 'Feral is dead'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread when to shit pretty quick.