10+ Year Old Account

I could use some opinions on spec - Resto Druid

Ok, so my equipped ivl is 350, still pretty low kind of just getting started with raids and after the changes that came with 4.0.6 I changed my initial spec to drop moonglow because of the change to nature's bounty making it more worthwhile for me to get. I was hoping that by adding extra points to furor and the changes with wild growth everything would have balanced out and I would be around the same mana efficiency as I was previously.

Now I'm thinking I was wrong. We did some Bastion of Twilight last night and while I was doing significantly more healing than my holy pally/holy priest counterparts, I was also finding myself completely OOM either by the end of the fight or by some certain crucial stage (ex. Ascendant Council end of phase 1, end of phase 2).

I'm running with this spec atm First Spec
    I'm wondering if I would benefit more from doing something like this Second Spec dropping malfurion's gift because I never really pay attention to my clearcasting procs anyways and do most of my healing with hots, and also two points from efflorescence because it's doing a very small percentage of my healing to begin with even with all three points in it. As of last night at least my top three heals were rejuvenation, wild growth and lifebloom.

This is my character: Rivellana
    I'm currently using +90 int food and flask of the draconic mind while raiding.

Also, I screwed up the combat logs from last night somehow due to my addons not functioning right but here is a log from one of last week's raids before patch.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5t6tl611zud3707x/
    Thanks for any help you can give!
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2011-02-09 at 02:18 PM.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring clearcasting procs is likely one of your biggest problems. Using clearcasting to cast free regrowths does a lot of healing with no mana cost.

IMO, your second spec is the better of the two, but I would drop the point in efflorescence and drop the point to be able to dispel magic (assuming your other healer(s) can) and take malfurions gift.

in my opinion. you should use 3 pts in efflorenscence because there is a lot of burst aoe healing in many of the raid encounters and every little bit helps. i do use clearcastingon regrowth as much as i can but i do admit i miss it sometimes.
    here is my spec
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary.
    my spec is a little "differnt" i am not spec'd into the first tier rejuv healing increase because i wanted a more nourish/healing touch spec for tank healing. now it all depends on your raid comp and such but if you still are hot oriented you want it but if you find yourself having to direct heal more go nourish spc

if you are having mana issues, make sure to spec into balance to tier 2 (moonglow)

Aye, never ignore clearcasting procs. They save a TON of mana. And Malfurion's Gift is pretty much a required talent as heals will be unable to proc Clearcasting without it now.

I've been using this spec and it's worked out well so far. I've been considering knocking out one of the points in Furor for Swiftmend or the third Moonglow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...ok. I tend to miss even seeing the built in wow-power aura type effect go off for clearcasting because I'm so focused on my raid frame and those green bars. Do you guys have something else you use to make it really scream at you when it procs?

How does this spec look? Spec 1 or this Spec 2 with no furor? Just experimenting.

Deleted
    Turn your sound on, the clearcasting proc makes a really distinct sound

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Hmmm...ok. I tend to miss even seeing the built in wow-power aura type effect go off for clearcasting because I'm so focused on my raid frame and those green bars. Do you guys have something else you use to make it really scream at you when it procs?

How does this spec look? Spec 1 or this Spec 2 with no furor? Just experimenting.
    Your first spec should get Genesis instead of Blessing Of The Grove ; )

Also I would like to add that effloressence isnt useless even though it affects only 1 target. Basicly it increases the healing done by your Swiftmend with 15%!

I'm going with something like this, depending on the encounter.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZMfzIbMru0uo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Your first spec should get Genesis instead of Blessing Of The Grove ; )

Also I would like to add that effloressence isnt useless even though it affects only 1 target. Basicly it increases the healing done by your Swiftmend with 15%!

I'm going with something like this, depending on the encounter.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZMfzIbMru0uo
    I really like how that spec looks actually, I just hate the idea of losing nature's cure. Yes, for raids, the other two healers have it but I just like having the ability available so I don't have to rely on someone else if the situation arises...and also for things like the last boss of Vortex Pinnacle, where I somehow always end up with groups of people who fail at the static cling and would be melded to the ground if I couldn't dispel them.

I wonder if I could move a point out of efflo on that spec to nature's cure and it would still work well for me.

I really like how that spec looks actually, I just hate the idea of losing nature's cure. Yes, for raids, the other two healers have it but I just like having the ability available so I don't have to rely on someone else if the situation arises...and also for things like the last boss of Vortex Pinnacle, where I somehow always end up with groups of people who fail at the static cling and would be melded to the ground if I couldn't dispel them.

I wonder if I could move a point out of efflo on that spec to nature's cure and it would still work well for me.
    My preference (25 man): http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZrczIbcMuouo

HT and Nourish (almost non-existent) is not a big part of my spell selection. RJ/WG are the top numbers followed by LB then Tranq then Reg (OoC). Again there are a lot of variations but so far, 2/3 if not 3/3 into genesis is the way to go instead of using 2/3 into furor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies, I ended up respeccing to this spec to try out tonight! Wish me luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious rejuv is your number one. I wouldn't be so quick to drop 4% healing on it.

Looking at the way you heal I would suggest 2 healing specs dependent on the fight. That's the only way you'll be able to keep mana up and see the numbers you want to see.

Magmaw you used no direct healing outside CC procs and probably ToL. I would suggest using a spec like: http://wowtal.com/#k=gB3IMKRR.aei.druid.

If you get in an have no mana problems, take 2/2 furor and add it to gen. If you don't like emp touch to refresh LB, put it in Nat.

For the bosses you're progressing/soon to be progressing through that spec should be fine. If you are topping meters without nourish and not having downtime, don't force yourself to use it. There's no point. And if so, no point in putting points into it either. I don't see in 10s when in most of the fights, especially beginning BWD bosses like you did last night, you'll be blanket RJing 10 people, the point in dropping 4% healing.

Also, you are healing with a resto shaman and a holy priest. No point taking Nat cure. They heal when they cleanse and you wont be using it for awhile anyway.

Thanks for the replies, I ended up respeccing to this spec to try out tonight! Wish me luck.
    I like your last spec there the best. Moonglow will help partially with mana issue. You really need to use omen of clairty procs though. Great chance to use regrowth on either a tank or a dps.

Other thing is that your overhealing may be a bit high which is also causing mana issues for you. In particular I see that your tranquility and rejuvs had overhealing just shy of 50%. Either you cast tranquility at an inopportune time, or one of your other heals cast their long CD heal at the same time. For the latter case, this means heals needs to communicate a bit better around heals. The same could be said for your massive overhealing on rejuv, if you are casting rejuv and another healer is topping him off (causing your rejuv to be wasted), this would be a case that healers need mods to properly show incoming heals to players so they don't waste mana/heals of other healers. However, it's likely that are you casting rejuv too often.

If you are anything like me, you are still making the adjustment from wrath to cata and you are spamming everything like whack-a-mole. You need to slow down and pace out your healing based on your mana regen/pool. It may seem like this will cause your HPS to go down but you're likely going to find that slowing down your heals will make your healing go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    It's obvious rejuv is your number one. I wouldn't be so quick to drop 4% healing on it.

Looking at the way you heal I would suggest 2 healing specs dependent on the fight. That's the only way you'll be able to keep mana up and see the numbers you want to see.

Magmaw you used no direct healing outside CC procs and probably ToL. I would suggest using a spec like: http://wowtal.com/#k=gB3IMKRR.aei.druid.

If you get in an have no mana problems, take 2/2 furor and add it to gen. If you don't like emp touch to refresh LB, put it in Nat.

For the bosses you're progressing/soon to be progressing through that spec should be fine. If you are topping meters without nourish and not having downtime, don't force yourself to use it. There's no point. And if so, no point in putting points into it either. I don't see in 10s when in most of the fights, especially beginning BWD bosses like you did last night, you'll be blanket RJing 10 people, the point in dropping 4% healing.

Also, you are healing with a resto shaman and a holy priest. No point taking Nat cure. They heal when they cleanse and you wont be using it for awhile anyway.
    Thanks for the tips!
    I'm not able to pick up a second resto spec, been having to keep balance spec becuase on things like BH I end up dps'ing since I can outdps even most of the actual dps and we only need two healers there, I'm the one who ends up switching.

I run with a holy paladin and holy priest (who is now going to try disc) pretty exclusively. I didn't look at the logs I posted too closely they were pre 4.0.6 and the only time we've had a different healer was if our paladin didn't show up and we had to have our ele shaman go resto.

Hoping the combo of my new spec and the priest going disc will help me out.

first, how can u not see OOC proccs? cmon it appears on your face! a green leafy ( ) and BIG! and thats part of the new blizzard UI so u could use power auras for something else like swiftmend and inervate cooldowns.

its funny how i see rejuvenation should be the top spell ? guess ive been doing something wrong so far hihi , on fights like council i normally get 10k hps without using it much , prolly 5 rejuvs out but maybe i should try to use it more.
    As for the patch goes, lifebloom now gets refreshed with regrowth so wooohooo! im starting to like regrowth over nourish but since it also adds haste to nourish, its a good solution for when oom.

and the last point, use everything! use HT on tanks , nourish , regrowth i mean having used only 2 spells was what got us nerfed to the ground :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    first, how can u not see OOC proccs? cmon it appears on your face! a green leafy ( ) and BIG! and thats part of the new blizzard UI so u could use power auras for something else like swiftmend and inervate cooldowns.

its funny how i see rejuvenation should be the top spell ? guess ive been doing something wrong so far hihi , on fights like council i normally get 10k hps without using it much , prolly 5 rejuvs out but maybe i should try to use it more.
    As for the patch goes, lifebloom now gets refreshed with regrowth so wooohooo! im starting to like regrowth over nourish but since it also adds haste to nourish, its a good solution for when oom.

and the last point, use everything! use HT on tanks , nourish , regrowth i mean having used only 2 spells was what got us nerfed to the ground :P
    That actually sounded kinda insulting...LOL. Anyways, just pointing out once again the log I posted was pre-patch and also the fights in it, particularly Magmaw, lend themselves more to hots perhaps more than some other fights do. As in, that log was from when rejuv was still 16% mana instead of 20% and could be spammed, and also before wild growth was buffed. I don't have logs from last night post patch to show, but my rejuv overall healing was down and wild growth was up.

10+ Year Old Account
    RJ/Wg should be your top spells if your other healers are doing their jobs, people aren't playing stupid, and you're healing correctly. For any aoe dmg, which is 90% of t11 fights, RJ, WG, and efflor are all we have. 10s you'll use direct healing a lot more, but not much more. RJ wont be as high healing wise anymore unless you are just not having mana problems. But it will definitely probably still be 1st. WG, LB on tanks, SM every CD smartly, and RJ smartly in 10s will give you incredible hps and throughput.

10+ Year Old Account
    RJ/Wg should be your top spells if your other healers are doing their jobs, people aren't playing stupid, and you're healing correctly. For any aoe dmg, which is 90% of t11 fights, RJ, WG, and efflor are all we have. 10s you'll use direct healing a lot more, but not much more. RJ wont be as high healing wise anymore unless you are just not having mana problems. But it will definitely probably still be 1st. WG, LB on tanks, SM every CD smartly, and RJ smartly in 10s will give you incredible hps and throughput.
    Yep that sounds pretty much like what I have been doing except for not catching my OOC procs when I should like others have suggested. Was only having the mana issues because of the change in rejuv cost but I think this new spec will fix that. Thank you!!!!

Resto shaman are similar to us, they could happily spend 5 more points, plenty of them don't have improved cleanse spirit and unlikely cleansing waters for 2 points to heal dispelling.

To the OP, clear casting isn't just a free spell, it's the time spent casting that spell also not spending mana on other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Resto shaman are similar to us, they could happily spend 5 more points, plenty of them don't have improved cleanse spirit and unlikely cleansing waters for 2 points to heal dispelling.

To the OP, clear casting isn't just a free spell, it's the time spent casting that spell also not spending mana on other things.
    yes, but they heal when they cleanse, we do not. Which is why they need to be taking it and cleansing.