Shaman Enhanc Reverberation VS Elemental Precision

Hello guys,

I can't link my talent tree, but at the moment i have 2 points un Reverberation, i don't think if I change it will make so much diference about interrupting Halfus, Maloriak, maybe Arcanotron...

and, i want your opinion about changing my Reverberation points into Elemental Precision (for 2% fire, nature and frost dmg).

I probably will do some tests when i get home this evening, but until then...

do you think it will change my DPS for good or not? considering i will have 2% more elemental dmg but will increase 1 sec CD in my shocks.

I really want to maximize my dps, that's wy i'm worried about this

And i don't have any points into Improved Fire Nova, do u think i'm right about this?

Thanks for the help!

http://wowtal.com/#k=DGNE1CNoLV.aei.shaman. Non AOE with speed increase

http://wowtal.com/#k=DGNEBPu6W.aei.shaman. AOE

Reverb is important. 1 second doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up to an extra shock every minute.
    Last edited by Jokerjesus; 2011-02-09 at 03:00 PM.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    http://wowtal.com/#k=DGNE1CNoLV.aei.shaman. Non AOE with speed increase

http://wowtal.com/#k=DGNEBPu6W.aei.shaman. AOE

Reverb is important. 1 second doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up to an extra shock every minute.
    I'm curious as to whether the math adds up. Is it better to have 1 shock every minute or 2% increase to all nature/fire/frost damage? What wins?

Quote Originally Posted by bonovoxpsu View Post
    I'm curious as to whether the math adds up. Is it better to have 1 shock every minute or 2% increase to all nature/fire/frost damage? What wins?
    Well actually most people put the 3 points in for 3% increase to fire nature and frost and only 2 points in concussion becasue the 3% to all types of damage outweighs an extra 1% total gain to just shocks and lighting bolts. The 1% is distributed over more abilities so its a greater overall increase basically.

The reason people also take reverb is for the 5 second wind sheer CD which makes enhance pretty much the best interrupter in the game.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    Well actually most people put the 3 points in for 3% increase to fire nature and frost and only 2 points in concussion becasue the 3% to all types of damage outweighs an extra 1% total gain to just shocks and lighting bolts. The 1% is distributed over more abilities so its a greater overall increase basically.

The reason people also take reverb is for the 5 second wind sheer CD which makes enhance pretty much the best interrupter in the game.
    This make me think of Call of Flame too, I though it was important, 20% extra fire totem dmg, I see like some extra dps from searing totem, how does it work exactly? is it 20% more initial dmg from every searing totem hit? is it for 20% from ticks (which will be soon consumed by LL)?

In my talent tree there's 2 points in Call of Flames, 3 in Concussion and 2 in Reverberation... Do I need to change it?

Thanks for the fast replys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeoly View Post
    This make me think of Call of Flame too, I though it was important, 20% extra fire totem dmg, I see like some extra dps from searing totem, how does it work exactly? is it 20% more initial dmg from every searing totem hit? is it for 20% from ticks (which will be soon consumed by LL)?

In my talent tree there's 2 points in Call of Flames, 3 in Concussion and 2 in Reverberation... Do I need to change it?

Thanks for the fast replys.
    Sim it out dude. I did so and found, that for my whole set up, 3 points in ele precision (2 out of reverb and one out of concussion) equaled a 200dps increase. Also, there is no fight where you need an interrupt faster than 6 seconds. IMO, it's completely up to you. Reverb=more shocks, quick interrupts=less gaps in your rotation. Ele precision=+20hit rating with chest chant=+3%mastery. It's not such a big difference either way.

BTW... def do not skip out on call of flame. Searing totem = ~10% of your dps. (bolt, not the dot.) so increasing it by 20% = 2% dps increase. It's the biggest dps gain for talents spent in the elemental tree. Call of Flame affects the bolt. not the dot.

Head over to elitistjerks.com. and check out the shaman talk. If you read up there you wouldn't have to ask questions here. It's all been worked out already.

My simulations showed that 2/3 in concussion, 3/3 elemental precision, and 2/2 call of flame was highest dps specc, using the recently uploaded simulationcraft.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't speccing into Reverb for the shock cool down reduction. Its more for the interupt.

Even specced into Reverb I couldn't get every interrupt on Arcanotron, that may just be me and my ridiculous ping, so I specced out of it. Getting every second works out well for our group (when he is sheilded). Its just a bit hairy when he steps into a puddle.

This is what I am using at the moment: http://wowtal.com/#k=Dc_hRGDu7.aei.shaman.

Ive specced out of Lightning Sheild - which is pretty abysmal - for some extra AoE. Also, the math has been done, Call of Flame is one of the better talents and it should be taken. It increased the Searing Totem damage, bit more AoE and if youre on the move - Spiritwalkers Grace + Lava Burst ftw.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2011-02-09 at 10:00 PM.

I´ve actually not been able to interrupt Arcatron successfully before this patch. Before he ALWAYS started casting again after 3~ seconds, making it impossible for us to successfully lock him out, but today i had no problems what so ever to solo interrupt him, and this was with 0 points in Reverb. If i did miss one it was cus i was too dps horny and just didn´t focus on it enough

I'm throwing this choice in the air as well. When i changed the 2 points in Reverb into Precision I found i lost about 4-500 dps. I believe this is because I was no longer able to get two Earth Shocks per Flame Shock without letting Flame Shock run out. And that is due to prioritizing Earth Shock last, behind LL, MSx5LB, SS, UnFS etc.

On the other hand it may be due to the more often proccing maelstroms causing me to LB more often. I don't know if this is actually accurate, but i swear its proccing more now than it was last week.

But i will try it out as suggested, with 3 in precision and 2 in concussion, and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    I'm throwing this choice in the air as well. When i changed the 2 points in Reverb into Precision I found i lost about 4-500 dps. I believe this is because I was no longer able to get two Earth Shocks per Flame Shock without letting Flame Shock run out. And that is due to prioritizing Earth Shock last, behind LL, MSx5LB, SS, UnFS etc.

On the other hand it may be due to the more often proccing maelstroms causing me to LB more often. I don't know if this is actually accurate, but i swear its proccing more now than it was last week.

But i will try it out as suggested, with 3 in precision and 2 in concussion, and see what happens.
    interesting on the loss, the cool thing with all these choices is that the increase/decrease for any of them is never a deal breaker. In-fact, lets say that you do 18k dps. CoF=360dps increase, Ele precision=430dps increase, Reverb(8 shocks in 60secs VS 6shocks in 60secs... asuming you do 1 flame shock every 15secs in that mix of ES-FS/60secs) = 100dps increase. Not to mention, you are really grabbing reverb for the 5sec Wind shear.

All of them are less than 500dps increase to a sum of 18k total DPS. simply such a small number that you can pick whatever you want based on preference of gameplay and still be a valuable contribution to any 5man/10man/25man.

Edit: i put ya in quotes because of the MSW thing =P I've noticed the same! maybe there is some bug for better PPM to MSW, but most likely it is because of the 3attacks from WF, instead of the previous 2 attacks.
    Last edited by airbornehippie; 2011-02-10 at 12:21 AM. Reason: added note about more MSW procs