Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hit 23k on Maloriak today top DPS with 3k, yeah a nerf is probably inc. I was fine with being top 3-5 before tho >.<
    Last edited by Epox; 2011-02-09 at 08:38 PM.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

Deleted
    The problem is, that shadow priest can't be balanced, as long as blizzard isn't chaning dark intent. This mean little buff is so rediculously strong for us that there is no way to balance us.
    If we are balanced around having dark intent, we suck without it.
    If we are balanced around not having it, we are extremly strong with dark intent.
    Although I am in the comfortable situation of having dark intent nearly always, i'd prefer it if blizzard removed the entire spell. I guess class balancing would be way easier...

Quote Originally Posted by Wogga View Post
    i suggest that in pve, because you know, this game is about pve
    Right... but you should be wrong. I want more PvP in this game. PvP is broken
    See that image on the left ?
    Yes my avatar.
    It's what I think of you.

Well from the patches notes and finds from digging in the files, I believe the 'nerf' was already put down prior to going live. You figure your crits are self buffed with procs, etc. The higher are raid buffed. With the consistant dip and changes that went on with MB and Mastery, I feel they finally are comfortable with where it is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulrique View Post
    Right... but you should be wrong. I want more PvP in this game. PvP is broken
    When I bought this game, nothing on the box said anything about this being a PvP based game $$ made this a PvP game. PvP is shit. When I want to PvP, I own some noobs in a real PvP game, COD.

Deleted
    My guilds shadow priest has gone from around 7kdps too holding top spot in our raid tonight at an average of 22k. So yeah im counting the days till a nerf. Might get my shadow priest out to join in the fun of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I beg to differ. PvE gets A LOT of nerfs because of PvP, class wise.
    oh god....do we have to have this discussion every time? seriously.... they both effect eachother. shut up and deal with it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    25 man raiding guild, primary spec spriest. 359 ilvl, me and the other 3 spriests, any multi target fight we crushed the raid, like 3-5k between us and the next highest.

Single target fights the mages were mixing with us.

Needless to say, a raiding guild with 4 active shadow priests used to draw laughs. Not anymore.
    Ensidia used 3 for most of wrath...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    My guilds shadow priest has gone from around 7kdps too holding top spot in our raid tonight at an average of 22k. So yeah im counting the days till a nerf. Might get my shadow priest out to join in the fun of it though.
    Are you sure to be comparing comparable numbers there? I mean... if he/she was doing 7k before, it's as highly unlikely as it can get that he/she's now doing 22k in a similar situation and/or under the same circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Wogga View Post
    in pvp or pve? i suggest that in pve, because you know, this game is about pve
    noob pver comments. The biggest difference of wow from others mmos is the arena system of the game which is about pvp.And this is a blizzard classic coz they always overpower a class and nerf another 1 and then too many players reroll or switch to their alts and this takes a lot of time to lvlup and gear up ofc and time is money for blizz.

oww nooo well you guise are pro but my little level 55 spriest is getting 2k MB haha, i hope they dont nerf it T.T

well deserved shadow priests, I hope they wont nerf you It's good to know that most of dps classes in game geting in one line in pve

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    I really don't think the 7k dps was serious if he gets to do 22k now, 10k was achieved pretty easily in blues + a few rep epics.

I really wish people would specify when saying they're topping the charts if they have DI or not. There's such a huge difference in DPS with or without it. Without DI I think we're in a good spot and shouldn't be nerfed, with DI we're doing 2-3k more then most and could use some tweaking, but who wants to be nerfed because of another class's buff?

i guess he meant 7k dps increase

yeah because hunters still aren't top of the meters.

Please don't meddle with Dark Intent. I'm having flashbacks when warlocks were nerfed the last time that Warlock+Shadowpriest synergy was too strong.

I can't help that Warlocks and Shadowpriests are like Peanut Butter and Jelly.
    Last edited by bloodwine77; 2011-02-10 at 12:17 AM.

I know that overnight my dps went from 11.5k in BH to 16.5k - most noticeable difference was MB clearly getting BUFFED. I'm not complaining since for a wee while it had been my standing joke that i was struggling to hit 10k dps these days! (note i don't play my priest regularly any more since i don't "raid" & the heroics got boring before christmas!) I have a sneaking suspicion that the nerfbat will be incoming - 10 man BH had 2 shadow priests topping the meters (someone from the only alliance guild doing HM's & myself) that shit can't continue without a ton and a half of whine from people, i mean c'mon my average MB crit went from 20k to HITTING 25k & critting over 50k.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

i was stuck on the 17k single target barrier since yesterday... in every single fight except valiona ( since that's a shadowpriest boss ) .... today , i downed 7 bosses.. the boss with less dps i did was chimaeron with almost 18k o.O...
    i did 22k on argaloth... and 21k on magmaw.

so yeah, pretty much a nerf is coming, since i top dps every boss easy.

PD: all of this was on 10man

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    I had quite a few 100-115k MB on H-magmaw tonight (No not on the head).
    Also keep in mind that Dark Intent is a ~10% damage Increase and should not be taken into account when comparing us to other classes
    Why not?If a fully raid buffed class is over the top,it's over the top.If other fully raid buffed classes can't keep up with it,that's the very definition of over the top.

I'm not saying shadow is OtT (apparently Hunters and Unholy DK still rule that hill) but saying that specific buffs should be disregarded when trying to determine if a spec is too strong is questionable.