Deleted

Archeology...bug ?

hi, so i was stockpiling troll fragments on an alt for Zin'Rokh, leveled archeology through Dwarf, Fossil and Night Elf
    solves. My last solve was Queen Azsharas Dressing Gown which took me from 430 to 445 where i started with troll solves.
    Now the first troll grey took me from 445 to 460 where it should only have given 5 skillpoints.
    Just wanted to know if i got some bug and now being locked out of getting the sword, of course i didnt get it with my 1.2k frags.

thx in advance

edit: while writing this a GM just told me it is a bug where the Voodoo Doll always gives 15 instead of 5 points
    .. anybody can confirm the doll always gives 15 points now ? really don't want to waste my time farming more
    troll when i'm possibly bugged out already.

It has been giving 15 points for a while (probably since the update to make rares give 15). It isn't a new bug with the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do you think your locked out of getting the sword? you need a MINIMUM skill level in archeology of 450 to be able to have a chance at solving the sword from troll arch. not only at the archy level of 450, but from 450-525.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. It seems as though you are saying that once you get past a certain level in Arch that you will not be able to get Zin'Rokh; this is untrue. As long as you are at least 450, you will always have a chance to get that sword to show up as one of your projects.

I have no idea about the Voodoo Doll, but that seems like a sweet bug to me!

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    why do you think your locked out of getting the sword? you need a MINIMUM skill level in archeology of 450 to be able to have a chance at solving the sword from troll arch. not only at the archy level of 450, but from 450-525.
    Some people swear that the 15 point skill up means that the server thought they had a rare but gave them a common, and since you can only get Zin'Rokh once confusing the server could lock you out. This is not true, but a common misconception.

Curious though, I was told it had to do with the guild perk for getting more skill ups from a profession when I put in a ticket. Don't remember which common it was though