Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shadowpriest.com

Sorry if this is inappropiate, but i don't know where else i could ask this...

whats going on with spriest.com? I can't acces it like for 5 days now or something.

I think they just switched over ownership of the site again and that might be the source of the issues lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's another thread about this from a couple of weeks ago talking/speculating on their problems. Worthwhile to look it up if you're so inclined.

Lucky for you, the spriest community and stickies here are most excellent. As well, most of the debris, stickies and threads from WotLK are cleared away which is clearly NOT the case there.

And to innoculate myself against the haters, I love shadowpriest.com (as it used to be) and hope they get their mojo back soon. Meanwhile there's a game to play.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-02-09 at 05:13 PM.

I hope they are back up soon. It is, I believe, the best website for any class in WoW.

Shadowpriest.com has been replaced by HowToPriest.com

It's a little rough right now, but the best way to fix that is community input.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I thought the HowToPriest.com thing was something separate from shadowpriest.com? Does that mean shadowpriest.com will never be coming back in that form?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Shadowpriest.com has been replaced by HowToPriest.com

It's a little rough right now, but the best way to fix that is community input.
    Really?

I don't remember ever seeing any talk about shadowpriest.com going away. Is there any posts out there any where saying so?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I thought the HowToPriest.com thing was something separate from shadowpriest.com? Does that mean shadowpriest.com will never be coming back in that form?
    I wouldn't say that. Shadowpriest.com (even when it's online) lacks, well, alot of things. There's old posts, sleeper accounts, inaccurate information, trolling, poor moderation, and even worse overall upkeep.

TL;DR, if you're tired of Shadowpriest.com, come to Howtopriest.com - We've got some fantastic moderators and are slowly but surely building a new priest community not just for shadow, but for disc and holy too!

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Well yes... Shadowpriest.com has been less than helpful for awhile which is actually how I found myself here originally. Just the way Kel said it made it sound like you guys were officially taking over for them instead of creating something else to fill in the void they had created

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well yes... Shadowpriest.com has been less than helpful for awhile which is actually how I found myself here originally. Just the way Kel said it made it sound like you guys were officially taking over for them instead of creating something else to fill in the void they had created
    you know Kel... world domination and all!

The theory crafting community of shadowpriest.com has been exceptionally active and I have yet to find such an in depth resource which shares their data in the same way elsewhere.

I will check out howtopriest.com but I am sure shadowpriest.com will be back, they seem to go out from time to time for reasons I don't know.

ShadowPriest.com was fine, why do I smell a conspiracy, why are you trying to lure people over to your forum like creepy man with candy?

I know... It's everytime a peice of gear drops that I need to quickly decide to bid on...

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    The theory crafting community of shadowpriest.com has been exceptionally active and I have yet to find such an in depth resource which shares their data in the same way elsewhere.
    I agree with this 100% and as long as Delmortis and Draxx and the other true theorycrafters are active there, that's where I'll be. I will admit that it needs some cleaning up and better moderation. There's been an influx of recent posters spreading bad/false info there lately and the info is so spread out that it's starting to resemble the boards here, though.

Can ya'll not bash shadowpriest.com to promote your new website? Saying that it has replaced it is miss leading and distasteful. People are asking what happened to the website, not asking about your new site.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    you know Kel... world domination and all!
    Sig'd and stuff.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGhozt View Post
    ShadowPriest.com was fine, why do I smell a conspiracy, why are you trying to lure people over to your forum like creepy man with candy?
    Creepy chick* with candy!

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Can ya'll not bash shadowpriest.com to promote your new website? Saying that it has replaced it is miss leading and distasteful. People are asking what happened to the website, not asking about your new site.
    I gave an opinion in my above post. If you misconstrued that as "bashing", then I apologize. I've been a long time user of Shadowpriest.com, going on nearly 4 years now I believe. I used to really enjoy visiting the site and found it so helpful. As of late, when the site is actually online, there is an influx of posts/threads with false information that lack facts, theorycrafting, or any other kind of numbers. That is why I made another site, one that I hope can help the community out more.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every site has it's short comings. Regardless of these, I still continue to visit shadowpriest.com, howtopriest.com, and the mmo-champion Priest forums.

There have been exceptional posters on shadowpriest.com for years and some of those people will continue to post there. MMO-Champion provides a wider range of visitors and can be a great place for people to start out. My biggest hope for howtopriest.com is that it will potentially capture an audience that visits neither mmo or shadowpriest.com. New ideas and innovation come from all types of people and I'm always interested in the ideas people throw out sometimes.

MMO-Champion and shadowpriest.com have become institutions in the wow community and nothing should or probably will replace them. I love these two sites despite whatever problems can be throw at them.
    Last edited by New; 2011-02-10 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGhozt View Post
    Can't tell if you're being serious or not so I'll treat your comment as is. Conspiracies or not, it's undeniable that the site is down, has been down and has been something of a mess since last summer.

@Kel

Thanks for the word about HowToPriest.com. Will go and look. At the very least another resource cannot be a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post

I will check out howtopriest.com but I am sure shadowpriest.com will be back, they seem to go out from time to time for reasons I don't know.
    Exactly. And I love that I can browse through older posts as well. I do hope it comes back soon, but I'll check the other forums as well.

Many thanks to Mystyka for creating my signature!