Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Good that I have like 7k of them to resell now

I think alot of the issue causing the price jump is alot of guilds were waiting for patch day to crank out a ton of flasks for the cauldron. I had rounded up about 800 life's for this purpose and underestimated how many life's I needed. So I got stuck with these rediculous prices. I think they will settle down soon.

Like others have said its because flasks got "cheaper" to make only taking 16 total herbs down from 24, but now take 8 up from 6 volatile life. The reason everyone is making flasks, especially now that they are cheaper, is that the guild cauldron achievement went down to 1000 flasks required which *seems* much more reasonable. Its still a ton of mats and as result life has doubled in cost on my realm.

I saw this coming and was able to get a ton in the 6-7g range and now they are barely worth transmuting to air to sell. The prices should fall due to more people farming them out of need or greed, and demand dropping once guilds get their cauldrons or give up. I guess the faire might have an added effect too, but I've seen a lot less card trading spam in /2 since the patch.

Prices on Volatile Life went up by 100% today on Stormscale EU as well, that said though they still aren't really worth selling seeing as they were going for 2g each before, so now they're at 4g each

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Prices on Volatile Life went up by 100% today on Stormscale EU as well, that said though they still aren't really worth selling seeing as they were going for 2g each before, so now they're at 4g each
    http://www.justmytwocopper.org/2011/...06-review.html

Its been suggested on several of the gold making websites that increased demand for volatile life after patch 4.0.6 meant stocking up early was a good investment.

5g90s on KJ-US. And I was hoping to make a mint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    During the past month i've been buying Volatile Lifes for 5-7g/pcs, and in heavy amounts since im making DMF cards. Recently, the price has however grown to a ridiculous 15-17g/pcs. I asked my guildies if they knew, one said it might be increased amount needed for flasks, but i dont think that is it.

Does anyone know if the drop rate has been lowered, or something along those lines? Is EU-Doomhammer the only server affected by this? Bear in mind, it started about 5 days ago, so not linked with the patch or whiptail deal...
    New Alchemy Trinkets...ppl will gladly pay high price to craft that trinket, eventually price will again go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Wouldn't the recent reports of crazy spawnrates of herbs (600 herbs/hour) mean alot of new volatile life entering market too?
    Shouldn't that make the prices lower...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got around 650 Volatile Lives yesterday due to the herb repspawn rate buff. It's ridiculous. Makes you wonder why the prices went up for your server.

Price went up on our server as well last night... only now, during the slow buyers market in the morning, is the price falling. It's only just recently come back in line with pre 4.0.6 prices.