Deleted
    To be honest, I smell nerfs.

I like it though.

Deleted
    just did heroic omnitron defense
    i did 13.02 million damage
    2nd person was 11.73million damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlebot View Post
    Afraid of missing a cs? l2hit/exp. Holy power gen may be slower now, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Now you know exactly when you will hit 3 HoPo so you can judge when if you can use your DP procs for inquisition or WoG instead. It is a lot less hectic, while at the same time becoming a lot more powerful. Not perfect yet ( wtb snare) but definitely what ret needed.
    I will freely admit to not being a min/max player, but I'll be honest, all I wanted from the Retribution fix was for procs and so forth to calm down and become just a tiny bit more predictable. I think I'm just not wired quite right to handle so much random information to choose from, but that's just me. The fact that things calmed down a bit with this patch was perfect for me, but I think I can see why some others might find it frustrating.

I guess it's just proof that WoW takes all kinds. For me the change was a good thing, and for others it was horrible. I know that at least for me my damage is up and my enjoyment is up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritalynn View Post
    I said, YUP! I'M HAPPY! proceeded to pull 26k on magmaw when he died, 1st dps on magmaw, 1st on atremedes, 2nd on maelorik, died on the final phase early on for chimeron so . Long story short, pve we're sick. (if you have gear)
    I am not trying to be a smart ass, I am actually curious, but how are you #1 on Atremedes. The air phase means you are relegated to Judgments alone for large portions of the fight. How are you able to maintain your DPS to be #1 on that fight?

I enjoyed it last night for our first raid with the patch. Only thing I had trouble with was keeping inquisition up, I just got so use to the quick procs that I hardly ever worried about it. Did a lot more damage though.

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by karazorel View Post
    I am not trying to be a smart ass, I am actually curious, but how are you #1 on Atremedes. The air phase means you are relegated to Judgments alone for large portions of the fight. How are you able to maintain your DPS to be #1 on that fight?
    Have not done Blackwind Descent yet but I imagine it is because you are able to keep your seal of veng stacks up on him during air phase with judgements and exo.

You can spam cast exorcism a lot during air phases, and HoWs under 20% as well. Since ranged players have to move to avoid sound discs, that limits their dps during the ground phase. We weren't that far from the top on Atramedes even pre-patch.

Thanks guys. That makes sense. I always wondered if it would be beneficial to try and save popping my wings on air phase so that I could have those 4 attacks plus my judgments. I never considered spamming exo because of the cast time and mana cost.

I did 25 man BWD last night in Ret for the first time and it was amazing. The gear i was using was 4 piece pvp, Viscious axe, and a few other 346 and 352 pvp pieces. Quickly and early into magmaw i was pulling 18k sustained. Overall the numbers are impressive, however as seems to be the consensus, taking away hopo generation from divine purpose greatly slowed down our pace. Theres numerous times throughout a fight that you'll have no spells you can use because everything is on CD and also, if you get no DP procs it may take up to 27 seconds for you to use your first TV w 30 sec Inq. Also, because Divine Storm procs no holy power, it seems that even in an aoe situation its better to use your solo target rotation because of inq and TV. Personally to "fix" ret they need to give us another spell or higher proc rates to eliminate downtime. Even if doing so meant parameters had to be reduced a bit, the class would be more fun if you didnt spend 3 sec standing still watching your bar waiting for something to come off CD. Holy should (complete w hopo generation) would be cool in ret because itd fill rotations and besides, every ret has 6 talent points buffing that spell anyways.

Thanks guys. That makes sense. I always wondered if it would be beneficial to try and save popping my wings on air phase so that I could have those 4 attacks plus my judgments. I never considered spamming exo because of the cast time and mana cost.
    Popping wings just to get the HoW hits would not be ideal, you would be missing that 20% boost while he is in melee range for all your other abilities. During air phase I pop divine plea and spam exo and judge when its up, never had a mana problem as long as I don't forget to plea.

Eh, I would venture to say that if you're hanging with your ranged on Atramedes, they're slacking. We certainly have better options than most melee classes for the air phase, but it certainly isn't ideal. Judge / Exo / HoW can keep us in range, also HW will hit if you're directly below. I'd still think that ranged should blow us out of the water, but I guess we'll see.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor

Main: Sepa - Holy / Ret
    Creator (and destroyer) of State of DPS. Futhead Dan now.

PVP is still shit imo. Scared Shield doesn't help much when it only absorbs two spells if you're lucky. The damage is better but we're still easily kited with freedom being dispelled immediately and we're pretty reliant on a healer since we barely have enough holy power for TV let alone WoG. I don't care if you went 40-0 in a battleground, cool story. I'm talking arena.

As for PVE, our dps has certainly increased but the rotation is extremely boring since holy power is only coming from CS now. Raid dps isn't enough to satisfy me at this point so I've canceled my subscription.

I'm realy enjoying Ret now (Pve ofc) but in regard's PvP we still need some fixes. But alas, least we can see our dmg least competing aginast most classes now.

Gj blizz for now!

<3
    Thats my opinion.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, just made my ret pally my main again and im already placing top 3 in our 25 mans

i miss old ret.... it was so fun... if they just nerfed some spells but gave us new spells so we dont have the first come first serve and actually can pick what spell we want to use it would have been so much better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Im very pleased pve wise ( am i hell going to pvp, never again will i ret pvp)

The only thing i dislike, is when i was doing my dps tests, hand of light was my third top dps ability, with crusader strike first and Templar's verdict second, melee forth, im not sure if thats just me but i dont like the idea of mastery being third top dps ability
    Rogues: mutilate, meele, and poision is top 3 in dps meter (not sure about order)

as someone said earlier ret is right back to doing most of its damage passively as holy damage...what was the point of the revamp exactly?

So wait...our DPS output is higher...and people are STILL complaining?

I love the new changes to ret atm for pve, i havent played ret pvp in a long time so i dont know what that side of it is like.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a pvp perspective, I still giggle abit inside when ever i get jumped by one : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I could honestly not care less about PvP, most I'll ever do is a Tol Barad out of boredom or BGs if need to go anyway for a world event (and I do participate and try to win, not just do the achievement and afk out, since I think that's unfair to the people who queued for the game). From a PvE standpoint having gotten in and done it on live it's a lot more agreeable than I thought on PTR. My DPS jumped up quite a bit, in fact. As for mastery being a huge portion of damage, I don't mind.