Baradin Hold Suggestion

So BH drops class specific gear which prompts most raids and Raid Leaders to bring diverse class compositions to make certain that the loot that drops is going to go to someone that can use it. The most common example is a BH 10 man class run. 10 raiders + 10 different classes = no wasted loot, right?

Wrong.

Yesterday my guild ran a BH 10m class run and once the boss drops to the floor what do we see pop up in the loot window? Two Rogue PVE hand pieces. The exact same piece of loot dropping twice off of one boss. Better luck next week, please accept this Maelstom Crystal as a consolation prize - sincerely, Blizzard. Seriously, would it be spoiling us too much to prevent the exact same loot dropping twice from 10 man BH bosses? Other raid bosses are a different story, I get that 2 different classes can use an Int dagger but this happening in an instance that drops class specific gear seems unacceptable to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNG

Random is random. And who's to say there aren't two rogues in there? Just because you build your group as your own private little rainbow coalition doesn't mean everyone has to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just BH.

Get used to it, Blizzard likes to fuck us one way or another.

I found these awesome t hings that RPGs use to decide what you get, but they use a computer version that goes up to like, a hundred, really.

Seriously. Blizzard isn't trying to "fuck" anyone. Loot drops are random, you won't always get what you want. Normal, even tempered people generally just go ahead and accept it for what it is.

yesterday it dropped the pve dk legs(dps) and some pvp thing for druids and probably we dont even have a druid in the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Seriously. Blizzard isn't trying to "fuck" anyone. Loot drops are random, you won't always get what you want. Normal, even tempered people generally just go ahead and accept it for what it is.
    I get that they are random. You don't need to post these overly suggestive links and pictures, you're not impressing anyone. Someone as smart as you should probably also realize that it is within Blizzard's power to still make these drops random and at the same time prevent the exact same piece from dropping twice in one week. That was the suggestion presented in my OP, you mistook that suggestion as an invitation to come in here and state what everyone else already knows. Are you telling me that if Blizzard took my suggestion and implemented it you would be against it? Class runs are pretty common, we just want to reduce the risk of having to DE useful gear. I think the pros outweigh the cons.

The raid instance is not made for class runs. So Blizzard should theoratically be able to give loot to two rogues, even though there might not be a single rogue in the raid.

i bet if blizz made the changes as indicated we would have another thread stating how its unfair that the loot is not random and groups comprised of players of the same class/spec will never see the same item or multiple items for the same class.

better yet why not ask that the RNG factor in the classes in the current party. come on people, stop qq and play. yah it sucks but that is RNG, nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireteeth View Post
    ...but this happening in an instance that drops class specific gear seems unacceptable to me.
    a. Every piece of gear is pretty specific, whether it states a class on it or not.
    b. How much easier do you guys want this game to be? "Nerf the bosses so I can kill them! Then, make sure they drop MY loot"
    c. Random is random and you have to deal with that. Have you played this game before...? Have you not understood the loot tables and how "frustrating" it can be when you are looking for something to drop. BH is no different than any other location in this game where there is a chance to get loot.
    d. If it is "unacceptable" to you; then why come here and QQ on forums that are for constructive purposes? Use the blue forums to post your "acceptable" levels to people who can do something about it (but of course won't because your tears are ignorant)
    Last edited by Crumbs; 2011-02-09 at 08:56 PM.

This is why these things shoudln't even be in the game, people just QQ over it. The boss is so pathetic its not even tracked on progress, its a damn loot pinata, with a guarantee of VP at the least, which is a nice bonus, I would say. In other words, be happy it even exists, and be thankful if anyone in your raid gets an upgrade and even more thankful if its you that gets it. Plus, unless your guild has been farming every raid instance since release, you shouldn't be swimming in crystals and you can use them to min/max....the new weapon enchants for a lot of classes require 5 a piece, which is a lot of crystals if you are doing 10 man particularly. If you have a lot of crystals just sitting there, you're doing it wrong.

Fireteeth is right there should be some internal check for which classes run with you and the make the loot random from there. There might be times where you are 100% pve basied guild and get pvp gear but at least it would be for classes that can use it. What is the point of having gear drop that is a waste.

if you'd of had 2 rogues it would of been fine but blizzard didnt recieve ur mail to tell them u was doing a class run, they are sorry

Just did it and got the PvP ring for Rogue, Druid, Hunter x2.............. *sigh* Rogue and Hunter rolled on one, rogue got...the other accidently got DE'd. heh.