Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Maloriak is a stupid fight : /

I'm not saying the fight is hard, we have it on farm. The only thing is, the more we get geared the "harder" the fight gets every week. I say this because we have been noticing that our dps improves, week to week, by a good amount, so much that we sometimes make the mistake of burning maloriak down to 25% before his second green phase.

I just find it completely stupid that you have to stop dps on a fight because you have "too much" gear. Not only that, due to the dps being so high it looks like the release abberation casts are all over the place because of the dps being too high.

Have you guys encountered this issue as well? Also, I am not really saying the fight is hard, it is actually a joke. But, we have had a wipe or two on this fight due to our dps being too high making it so the OT has 9 adds on him + the 2 big adds going into phase 2, aka he dies :-).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It happens to our guild everytime as well... it just annoys the shit out of me... why would they make a boss where we have to STOP dpsing Couse our gear is too good for the boss? jesus..make the adds die instantly when phase 2 comes...

Being bad at a fight doesn't make it stupid. We have to back off sometimes to get the timing done right. Guess what. That's not the first time such a thing has been necessity. There are plenty of fights where for one reason or another you have to stop DPS. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean the fight is bad or broken, and it's not the first time where something could be killed "too fast," and in any such case gear would always make it easier to kill something too fast by accident.

I'm going to file this under "L2P," in the subsection "get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Being bad at a fight doesn't make it stupid. We have to back off sometimes to get the timing done right. Guess what. That's not the first time such a thing has been necessity. There are plenty of fights where for one reason or another you have to stop DPS. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean the fight is bad or broken.

I'm going to file this under "L2P"

I think I said it twice in my post, that we have already worked around the stopping dps issue. Just in general though, the whole mechanic of having to stop dpsing is just stupid in general.

On almost every fight my guild raid leader tells us to slow or stop dps at some point or another. Perfect example was heroic Chimeron last night, we had to slow dps to time it with a fued, so we could properly top people off before p3 hit. Hard fights are more then just numbers, they are about control.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    I think I said it twice in my post, that we have already worked around the stopping dps issue. Just in general though, the whole mechanic of having to stop dpsing is just stupid in general.
    "Something is hard for me so it must be stupid."

Fight mechanics are fight mechanics. God forbid that every fight doesn't cater to your every whim. You know what, screw it. Make every fight a tank and spank. Thinking and situational awareness are overrated, right? If you don't like control fights, well, sucks for you, but I stick by my original comment. The reason you dislike them appears to be that you find them difficult, though doable. If this is really a problem for you, you need to reconsider raiding at all, seriously.

Stopping DPS early to avoid an early or unwanted phase transition is nothing new in raiding. It's just how things are sometimes.

Yeah I have to agree. Having use the mechanics Blizzard intended for the fight instead of just hitting the DPS button and watching recount grow sucks. Why couldn't blizz have made more of a boring fight, like another Patchwerk where we just stand and spam...?!?

If your DPS are too antsy then do what my guild does. After stop dps is called have your main tank or a DK start pulling out aberrations one at a time and dps them down. If you can get them by themselves they are easy to DPS down. Once green phase comes you have less adds to kill and can phase him quicker.

You could let out all the adds for the first green phase if it really bothers you that much. Might only be able to release 15, but with your dps it shouldn't matter right? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's stupid; it means you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    "Something is hard for me so it must be stupid."

Fight mechanics are fight mechanics. God forbid that every fight doesn't cater to your every whim. You know what, screw it. Make every fight a tank and spank. Thinking and situational awareness are overrated, right? If you don't like control fights, well, sucks for you, but I stick by my original comment. The reason you dislike them appears to be that you find them difficult, though doable. If this is really a problem for you, you need to reconsider raiding at all, seriously.
    You could gain a lot from increasing your reading comprehension.

He says multiple times that he has no problem with the difficulty of the fight. What he finds annoying is having to change the way he and his group plays because of the mechanics of the fight. Which is a completely different point than the one you're arguing.

So stick to your original comment. Just know that it's wrong.

The only "stupid" mechanic to that fight is the OT getting froze if the blue phase comes second when he has 9 adds and gets blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post

He says multiple times that he has no problem with the difficulty of the fight. What he finds annoying is having to change the way he and his group plays because of the mechanics of the fight. Which is a completely different point than the one you're arguing.

The irony of someone who can't grasp such a simple concept lecturing me on reading comprehension is hilarious. He's claiming it's not hard for him, but obviously it is, or he wouldn't have a problem with it. This is just pure laziness. I guess maybe you'd feel better if I substituted "hard" for "too much work?"

BTW, look up the definition of hard. Last time I checked, among "firm" and "difficult," one of the definitions of the word was "requiring effort." He's QQing that he doesn't want to exert the effort of stopping DPS, thus, "too hard." This calls your own literacy into question enough that it's certainly hilarious when you try to insult mine.

So, to recap.

Poster accuses me of being wrong. Poster users logocial fallacy to make point. Poster is guilty of exact thing he accuses me of doing, when I myself am not. Hilarity ensues.
    Last edited by Alfador; 2011-02-09 at 08:13 PM. Reason: edited for typos, and awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post

Which is basiclly saying "I cant just stand there and spam dps but have to think and realise when to stop dpsing and that sucks". And for your information when they wipe becaus they dont manage to, well, manage theire damage output then they are having trouble with the difficulty of the fight, for guess what, the mechanics of the fight is part of its difficulty.

We have the same "issue" on the fight, to make it more smooth we kill 3 adds at the begining and 3 after the first green phase, less down time that way.

In the near future I imagine people can get through the fight with only one green phase, however that would mean 9 adds spawning at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronius View Post
    The only "stupid" mechanic to that fight is the OT getting froze if the blue phase comes second when he has 9 adds and gets blown up.
    /stopcasting
    /target Flash Freeze
    /cast (any instant damage spell)

Have this ready to go and watch your Flash Freeze DBM timer

Quote Originally Posted by Fireteeth View Post
    /stopcasting
    /target Flash Freeze
    /cast (any instant damage spell)

Have this ready to go and watch your Flash Freeze DBM timer
    One round of unmitigated melee damage and 50k from the shatter can still gib you.

I think some people are missing the point of Maloriak specifically. True, gating dps to top off raiders or to meet certain thresholds isn't new and in fact is what makes certain fights hard, but Maloriak has 1 (reasonable) entry point to phase 2 and that is after the second green phase. Other fights have many entry points such as Cho'gall and Chimeron. Sure you don't want to push to second phase while adds or up or during feuds, but you can enter phase two whenever you want so long as YOU are prepared, not a certain time limit has passed.

I'm with the OP on this one, he's not hard but his fight gets on my nerves.

He's claiming it's not hard for him, but obviously it is, or he wouldn't have a problem with it.
    then
    This is just pure laziness.
    those two things are mutually exclusive - you're trying too hard broski

Lol this is funny.

Just for the sake of it im going to put this in here.

My guild is too pro for this fight, we are so good we cant win

we interrupt everything and because we are so good at interrupting we lose.
    very poorly made by blizzard..
    and on chimaerion I am too good at holding aggro so other tank cant take the boss from me, i am too good at everything it seems, blizzard make games for noobies