Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    @latzko

You liking the hitcap is ok for me so far and do what you want. But after looking at your armory i noticed you reforged stump of time from hit to haste (losing 128 hit) and then gemmed hit over int. That simply doesnt make any sense at all ... is it a "dont want to regem issue"?

Really not trying to make you look bad just dont understand your gearing strategy.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-02-16 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There may be a higher tier sometime this expansion where hit gets a higher stat weight than int. Basically, when you keep stacking int, while still only needing the 1742 hit, you'll eventually get to a point where 102 Int is less than a 1% increase in your dps, while the last 102 hit rating will still increase your dps by 1%. You definitely can't get to that point this tier, and I don't know if it will be possible to get to it this expansion, but its theoretically possible. I'll run a simcraft when I get home, and start stacking int on the BiS profile to see where that might be.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    There may be a higher tier sometime this expansion where hit gets a higher stat weight than int. Basically, when you keep stacking int, while still only needing the 1742 hit, you'll eventually get to a point where 102 Int is less than a 1% increase in your dps, while the last 102 hit rating will still increase your dps by 1%. You definitely can't get to that point this tier, and I don't know if it will be possible to get to it this expansion, but its theoretically possible. I'll run a simcraft when I get home, and start stacking int on the BiS profile to see where that might be.
    But at this point i dont think you will be gemming hit anyway because you will eventually get hit capped from stats on items and reforging anyway and gemming int would be still superior? I know its hard to say because we dont know the itemisation but i doubt it will be a gain to gem/enchant hit over int at any point throughout this expansion. I could be wrong but i still doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    @latzko

You liking the hitcap is ok for me so far and do what you want. But after looking at your armory i noticed you reforged stump of time from hit to haste (losing 128 hit) and then gemmed hit over int. That simply doesnt make any sense at all ... is it a "dont want to regem issue"?

Really not trying to make you look bad just dont understand your gearing strategy.
    Veiled gems in blue slots for when the bonus is good (in my case int and hit bonuses). So I could reforge that hit to haste.
    So if you were to use stat value like
    Int: 2.8031
    Spellpower: 2.1502
    Hit: 2.0123
    On gloves: (20int + 10int)*2.8 + 20hit*2 = 124, if I were to go briliant gem 40int*2.8 = 112
    On waist: 112 with briliant vs 116 with veiled

You understand now? I'm still hit capped with loads of haste and with actualy more theoretical dps then full briliant...

@andromalia

If you were to check my armory you would see that I am playing 'correctly' by your standards. There isn't a single piece to replace to gain more int over hit. (before you say head gem, I'm at 12.11 mastery) And it'll take a while to get int enchant on bracers...

Deleted
    Intellect may be better than hit but your guildmates won't be happy when you miss your cc spells in specific encounters.
    Last edited by mmoc1f7ae8a4ee; 2011-02-16 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyfron View Post
    Intellect may be better than hit but your guildmates won't be happy when you miss your cc spells in specific encounters.
    Nothing you'd be ccing is boss level. Please try again.

Deleted
    Try what? You still need 85-87 caps on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyfron View Post
    Try what? You still need 85-87 caps on them.
    7% only. I'm at 15% and in my parses for raiding last night I had 0 misses...
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    7% only. I'm at 15% and in my parses for raiding last night I had 0 misses...
    Read again and again what Agallochh said... U DO NOT NEED 17% like u did before cata... U DO need it eventually because that's the cap in the end... but as soon as u get over 15% hit don't be dumb to nerf ur sp for hit... u ll lose alot of dps for nothing!!! I'm raiding 12/12 and first bosses on hc so u know the lvl of raiding i'm talking about... My misses are around zero when i look back on my meters and on my logs... i have around 15.5 because i went for 1995 haste plateau for corruption. U can raid and u can do good dps with this amount of hit, believe me! So stop worrying about ur hit and PLS, do urself a favor and stop geming hit instead of intellect!!!

While it is nice to be hitcapped - it isn't not your top priority. You shouldn't be re-gemming or swapping around pieces of gear to increase your hit if it means that you're losing intellect.