Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Moonkins in 4.06

I'm not about the whine about my class. I chose it so im stuck with it.

Im only trying to see how much this new patch was good to you. So lets see, did you see a difference in dps on raid dummy? I tested mine last night and could keep it at 13.1-13.2K without Starfall, so just a single target, now today i get about 13.5-13.7K. Didnt reforged i just changed gems ( 3x40int ). With 30% buff to mastery i was hoping for a bit more dps then what i have now.
    So the question is, what should i reforge to what? Is haste still our best stat to aim for? I'm asking this coz i reforged crit rating to haste to try it out ( before that it was mastery to haste ) and my dps dropped ro 12.3K dps!!! With buff to mastery i hopped that it would be better then crit, i'm i wrong?

Sorry for spelling, had few beers ( 6 ), brother told me he is going to become a father

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I'm not about the whine about my class. I chose it so im stuck with it.

Im only trying to see how much this new patch was good to you. So lets see, did you see a difference in dps on raid dummy? I tested mine last night and could keep it at 13.1-13.2K without Starfall, so just a single target, now today i get about 13.5-13.7K. Didnt reforged i just changed gems ( 3x40int ). With 30% buff to mastery i was hoping for a bit more dps then what i have now.
    So the question is, what should i reforge to what? Is haste still our best stat to aim for? I'm asking this coz i reforged crit rating to haste to try it out ( before that it was mastery to haste ) and my dps dropped ro 12.3K dps!!! With buff to mastery i hopped that it would be better then crit, i'm i wrong?

Sorry for spelling, had few beers ( 6 ), brother told me he is going to become a father
    If I were you I wouldn't put too much stock in the dummy test. My DPS went up substantially with the patch. I did similar numbers on a dummy yesterday and broke 18k on Argaloth last night, which was quite a bit higher than my previous best on that fight. My avg gear level is 353, sorry for no link. A 500k dps seems substantial to me.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My dps went up considerably on boss fights, not so much on the dummy because of lack of starfall. You'll be fine. Tab dot tab dot!
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Congrats on becoming a soon to be Uncle!
    Such feeble minds..

Quote Originally Posted by S0V3R31GN View Post
    Congrats on becoming a soon to be Uncle!
    Thanks

@tipic
    I just did Argaloth, had about 16K, last time i had 14K so its a much better. I think i could have more, but for some 20sec i didnt had MF on him

If you cant pull high numbers then your doing something wrong. Boomkins are amazing!!!! Hit>Haste>Mastery>Crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins got amazingly buffed in 4.0.6, My dps went up at an average of about 4-5k from what it was last week, I went from pulling roughly around 18-20k, to pulling 23k-26k on most fights without substantial raid movement.
    Hit/Spirit>Haste>mastery>Crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Single target I didn't notice that much of a difference, aoe-wise with the shrooms I'm in love, seriously.
    Thundercunts and stuff

Well, the dps increase with mastery is just fine in my opinion. As owls didn't "need" a big buff. Ret pallys and mages did. Now I just pray people won't QQ all over the place because owls are as strong as WL's was on fights where there's massive aoe. Because on the standard single target fights we're pretty much average. Just leave the mushrooms as they are blizz, plx!

7/7 HC!!

the extra aoe can be accredited to starfall being bugged and dropping extra stars on multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorïa91 View Post
    As owls didn't "need" a big buff. Ret pallys and mages did.
    Mages needed a buff lol wtf? If your guild mages dont do dps it only meas they suck not that the class is bad...

Any way your dps didnt go up that much on dummies, I did 14,7k last night with starfall and doing 14,5 witohut starfall today so it seams close but you will see the diffrence when you pop starfal its amazing now, though still a bit bugged. Also with the new mastery buff solar eclipse sunfire and IS on multi targets work even better than it did pre patch.

Did you get the new meta gem int/3% crit dmg? Socket crafted items if you had any?

Here is me doing over 20k on the pvp http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...e/?s=182&e=382

lul

I went from about 14k on most fights to 20k.. I have no clue what you are doing wrong. I could run and use insect swarm and sunfire and pull the same as going through my actual rotation though and my damage was top by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine seemed to be up by about 2kish on most fights lastnight.

Also, I detonated 3 mushrooms on maloriak adds for over 500k damage, with the engineering bolt gun ontop with starfall it was quite amazing.

Yea.. pulling 20k+ on almost every normal mode boss, 40k+ on halfus with no whelps. Moonkins are in a great spot right now and I love it.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehran View Post
    Unfortunately, boomkins were pretty good before the patch and they just got slightly buffed but I think itll scale more than Blizzard planned, I expect the nerf bat soon.

But anyways, Hit > Spirit (until capped) > Haste >>> Mastery >> Crit
    The patch only improved an 'ok stat', only enough to make it better than crit, you still want as much Haste as possible.
    The only thing I see them nerfing is our mastery, nerfing mushrooms would just make them useless again.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

so mastery is now ahead of crit instead of being even?

Deleted
    Like Lehran are writing... its Hit/Spirit (Until capped) > Haste >>>> Mastery >>> Crit.

I went from Crit >> Mastery to Mastery >> Crit, after 4.0.6 came live, and at the same time i went from about the middle part of the recount, to the top3 on each fight. And even 1st place every now and then

And just a little side note: IMO, Target dummies are NOT made for testing dps! its made for testing your rotations!

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    The only thing I see them nerfing is our mastery, nerfing mushrooms would just make them useless again.
    If you ask me, they went from completely worthless, to just a tiny bit worthless. Ofc i can see the awesomeness about placing them before the fight, but i don't think that i would use 4 GCD on placing them during a fight.
    Last edited by mmoce651221233; 2011-02-10 at 07:35 AM.

I didn't see it mentioned so just in case: did you notice that with the new starfall targeting it will never hit a training dummy? I had a real scare when I thought my dps had dropped after the patch too, but it was just because there was no damage from starfall going on. And n'thing we got a really big buff in the patch, our dps is silly right now. I am kind of expecting a nerf =(

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    Mine seemed to be up by about 2kish on most fights lastnight.

Also, I detonated 3 mushrooms on maloriak adds for over 500k damage, with the engineering bolt gun ontop with starfall it was quite amazing.
    I peaked at just under 150k dps for our maloriak this week, almost beating our warlock (who held the #1 spot for demo locks on 10 maloriak N until last week). Having good aoe is fun
    Last edited by Sylla; 2011-02-10 at 07:39 AM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agoness/simple

Link to my armory

Keep in mind that i dont raid atm, dont have time and not sure when i'll have it. S best gear i can get is from VP vendor and if i get luck from BH.

Do you think i should change something, reforge what to what And will that faction trinket be better then one of those 2?

BTW.

Did Grim Batol last night and i had 19K dm on last boss.

Deleted
    My dps went up bigtime, up from about 13-14k on each boss up to minimum of 16k (atramedes) up to 20k on maloriak + chim