Page 1 of 2
LastLast

hit cap is broken

here is my contention.. last week i raided full hit cap and i was doing 15-16k dps no problems at all.. Yesterday i forgot to equip my pve gear and had on my PVP gear and my hit was only 6%, and guess what? My Dps was 15-16k no problems at all. So either i was lucky beyond belief the entire raid, or hit cap is extremely misleading at the moment.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe your pvp gear is better? maybe you had a draenie in your group this week? hit cap isnt misleading at all...pretty simple 6% hit means you miss umm one out of every 100 attacks?

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. When I am tanking and had 2% hit cap (go go Alpha bracers)! I remember an attempt where none of my melee missed on Halfus. The next attempt I missed pretty much everything I could throw at him...
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

my PVP is indeed better.. but, having a dranei or not, thats not gonna make up 11% hit.. lol.. i didnt have any noticeable misses either..

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naus View Post
    RNG is RNG. When I am tanking and had 2% hit cap (go go Alpha bracers)! I remember an attempt where none of my melee missed on Halfus. The next attempt I missed pretty much everything I could throw at him...
    RNG is RNG indeed i suppose..

Thought Draenei racial only worked for the draenei and not the whole group/raid now? so i would assume having a draenei wouldnt make a diff.

OT: I have no idea why OP ><

Pretty sure Heroic Presence is self buff now only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Thought Draenei racial only worked for the draenei and not the whole group/raid now? so i would assume having a draenei wouldnt make a diff.

OT: I have no idea why OP ><
    It was party-wide until Cataclysm, now is self-only.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

I have always heard that hit cap inceased dps via no misses ever.. but if you are only missing 1 spell for every 100 cast then who gives a shit?

Pretty sure that you should just be hit capped instead of taking the advice of people who didn't know HP was self only since 4.0. (aka you.)

10+ Year Old Account
    hit rating isn't the holy grail it was in WotLK. I run on my lock with ~15% hit and rarely to never miss according to my parses
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    I have always heard that hit cap inceased dps via no misses ever.. but if you are only missing 1 spell for every 100 cast then who gives a shit?
    It all depends on luck. If you're just a lucky person and you rarely ever miss anyway, you probably won't notice, but for the most part eliminating the chance to miss will help your overall output.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your class and spec. If you're a Frost DK, you only need to gear to 5.5%, because you get an additional 3% from your NoCS and the new Runic Focus gives you that 9% to get spell hit. Rogues have a similar to-hit bonus talent as do Fury Warriors. Some other classes have similar talents or such that grant a few hit %.

But really, as mentioned it's not the holy grail of stats and you're not going to notice a significant difference over a couple %.

Seeing as you said you lost 11% I'm gonna guess you're a caster.
    Basically 11% means you miss 11/100 more than you previously did, this can be made up for though if you have more spellpower/crit on your pvp gear than you have on the pve gear making the hits harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Seeing as you said you lost 11% I'm gonna guess you're a caster.
    Basically 11% means you miss 11/100 more than you previously did, this can be made up for though if you have more spellpower/crit on your pvp gear than you have on the pve gear making the hits harder.

nah i never missed before cause i was hit capped.. and i never missed at 6% because hit doesnt mean jack shit now

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 05:28 PM ----------

same damage output and same dps regardless of hit... and you all say RNG like i figured the typical response would be. im going to remove all hit than doesnt come by default on gear and remove what i can from it, and watch my dps and damage go up... then ill post a screen shot and you all talk about how "lucky" i am.. luck has nothing to do with a broken game

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 05:30 PM ----------

did i mention we are tripple buffing dark intent to everyone on our 3v3 demo lock team... yeah thats whats up :P working as intended

10+ Year Old Account
    same damage output and same dps regardless of hit... and you all say RNG like i figured the typical response would be. im going to remove all hit than doesnt come by default on gear and remove what i can from it, and watch my dps and damage go up... then ill post a screen shot and you all talk about how "lucky" i am.. luck has nothing to do with a broken game
    I'd be quite interested in seeing the results of that, actually. Just make sure it's a real test, not 30 seconds on a dummy. :P

ok good enough, thursday ill be able to prove it, so ill just shut up for now until i can bring screenshots with me

here is my contention.. last week i raided full hit cap and i was doing 15-16k dps no problems at all.. Yesterday i forgot to equip my pve gear and had on my PVP gear and my hit was only 6%, and guess what? My Dps was 15-16k no problems at all. So either i was lucky beyond belief the entire raid, or hit cap is extremely misleading at the moment.
    A couple of things from this post. You didn't mention your class (I think you might've said Warlock later on). You didn't mention if you raid with the PvP gear on or if you did a heroic instance. There's a big difference between the two in terms of hit caps and yes I know you said the week before you "raided". The other thing is did you take into account all the adjustments your class got from the patch? Just because you pulled 15-16k last week and pulled 15-16k this week doesn't mean you did good. It could mean you actually lost dps due to any mechanic adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    A couple of things from this post. You didn't mention your class (I think you might've said Warlock later on). You didn't mention if you raid with the PvP gear on or if you did a heroic instance. There's a big difference between the two in terms of hit caps and yes I know you said the week before you "raided". The other thing is did you take into account all the adjustments your class got from the patch? Just because you pulled 15-16k last week and pulled 15-16k this week doesn't mean you did good. It could mean you actually lost dps due to any mechanic adjustments.
    sorry, i should have been more specific... when i say raid i mean raid.. i didnt know people still did heroics.. yea im a warlock.. but every lock ive spoken with has mentioned how hit cap isnt anywhere near as important as it use to be. any other classes noticing this?

I have to agree, Hit isn't as important as it used to be.

Remember for a caster getting 17% hit is to close the gap. Spells naturally have an 83% chance to land, you are just close the gap to 100%. If you are raiding with a 15% hit rating, that means (barring hit mechanics like Chimer) you only have a 2% chance to miss. This is where RNG might work in your favor. Over the course of the expansion you should see roughly 2% of your spells miss, but in night of raiding, you may never see a miss.

Deleted
    It happend to me too... Hit is just broken i think