Thread: Warlock pets

10+ Year Old Account

Warlock pets

Does anyone thing its odd that the best pet for affliction atm is the imp and the best pet for demo atm is the succubus? were it really should be succubus/felhunter for affliction and felguard for demo

Source: Elitist jerks Warlock threads, and theory crafting
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    best pet for aff is the imp right now? ... Blizz rly took a wrong turn this patch
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Yeah, blizzard should fix it. I wonder why did they nerf Felguard at 4.0.6. :>
    When they fix that, they could remove the defensive dispel from Imp and give it to Succubus. She needs more love.
    Hi

Ugh no. I hate my succubus. Really glad she's out of my affliction spec. But, I'm still questioning imp being top demon right now. The Demon Soul barely benefits us.

As i've seen already it's only due to other pets not working appropriately atm, some bug causing them to not keep up the attacks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    As i've seen already it's only due to other pets not working appropriately atm, some bug causing them to not keep up the attacks
    I wish fel armor returning 20hp per tick of immo with the talent was bug. A little too many shitty design decisions this patch...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Problems are pretty much these:

Bad Demon Soul effects for FH and Succy which rather limit their usefulness - FH is only truly great sub-25% Affliction, Succy above 25% for Demo and Aff.

Simply not hitting hard enough - FH issue mostly.

Not proccing Mana Feed, or benefitting from HoG for white damage - FG issue mostly, but if you need interupts in a 5 man FH is simply terrible for Demo.

Deleted
    According with this thread the succubus is still the best single target dps pet because they fixed the Succubus to scale properly with crit. I tested demo with felguard and succubus, it is just impossible to go oom with the succi, 5 min casting and my mana was still 65%+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, these designs are giving me a headache. Every other week it's "this pet is now ontop". We warlocks really are poorly designed; I never see any forward thinking. Sigh