Thread: NFL Draft talk!

NFL Draft talk!

Talk about your team and their pick this upcoming draft.

For my favorite team, Dallas, they need some good offensive line players and a safety or two. Give Tony Romo a O-Line that can actually pass block, then he will throw all over any team in the NFL. If they built up the O-Line, Jason Witten wouldn't have to stay in to help block and he could go out for more passes. Tony + Jason = deadly combo... Not to mention that stud of a WR Dez Bryant. Oh yeah.. The running backs are overrated and we could use a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Talk about your team and their pick this upcoming draft.

For my favorite team, Dallas, they need some good offensive line players and a safety or two. Give Tony Romo a O-Line that can actually pass block, then he will throw all over any team in the NFL. If they built up the O-Line, Jason Witten wouldn't have to stay in to help block and he could go out for more passes. Tony + Jason = deadly combo... Not to mention that stud of a WR Dez Bryant. Oh yeah.. The running backs are overrated and we could use a better one.
    Your mention of an O-line would fix your run game as well. Your backs are nothing to be shrugged at. Tony needs to be more careful with the ball as well. I hope the time spent on the sideline has helped his decision making, or I'll have to hear more crying about Dallas. /sigh.

I'm a Pats fan. I have no idea what the Evil Genius is going to do with his picks, but I'm hoping we can get some more Defensive Line pressure on opposing QB's. That would help our young secondary considerably. The RB situation is decent. Our run game has never been the focal point. Next year I think the Pats will be even scarier, just give us some more depth and experience plz.

Thanks to Shiri

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorne View Post
    Your mention of an O-line would fix your run game as well. Your backs are nothing to be shrugged at. Tony needs to be more careful with the ball as well. I hope the time spent on the sideline has helped his decision making, or I'll have to hear more crying about Dallas. /sigh.

I'm a Pats fan. I have no idea what the Evil Genius is going to do with his picks, but I'm hoping we can get some more Defensive Line pressure on opposing QB's. That would help our young secondary considerably. The RB situation is decent. Our run game has never been the focal point. Next year I think the Pats will be even scarier, just give us some more depth and experience plz.
    He was doing well this year even with the shitty O-Line that they have. I believe most of his interceptions this year came from tipped passes off the hands of their WR. The Dallas WR really did not impress me all that much, especially Miles Austin. They dropped many catch-able balls and can you believe Roy Williams fumbling the ball against the Saints? Roy lost that game for the Cowboys.. Dude needs to learn to hold onto the ball. The only WR that showed up to play was Dez Bryant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baltimore needs a Receiver - Cobb from Kentucky would be nice - but if there are better players on the board we'll get them I think, receivers can be freaking amazing in late rounds with no expectations of them, or they have chips on their shoulders and play to prove they are better than that. The wizard that is Ozzie gets the best player available in the first round typically, I'm hoping that Jimmy Smith the Corner out of Colorado drops to us. Rahim Moore out of UCLA would be another good one, Moore could play SS for us and learn from Reed as well.
    Other needs are: young center - Birk is getting old, we need a RT/LT depending - I want to resign Gaither - but if all goes to hell we need to fill in that gap, pass rusher opposite Suggs is another must have.
    Otherwise I just do as I always do and trust in the Wizard.
    Also, as you are a Dallas fan - I feed off your tears. Hopefully Garret can get some discipline going on in that locker room, Wade is a good D coordinator - way too lenient for an HC though. I am also hoping that Pete Carrol's term crashes and burns - the NFL needs disciplinarians leading - some teams have them in players, others need a coach to do that job. No offense meant by the tears thing by the way - I just love it when an entire fanbase does the whole 'expecting to go to the Super Bowl every year' and then goes "Oh shi..." when things go south.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Denver Broncos

Oh dear, my poor broncos didn't have a good year at all. That's because we need defense.

1. Get Nick Fairley. Get Nick fairley. Get Nick Fairley.

2. Get a solid MLB. Get a solid MLB. Get a solid MLB.

3. Get a solid SS and a solid Corner.

4. Get an O-lineman.

Offense is good. Great, actually. We have a decent receieving squat, and Tebow is a monster. Seriously, I love him. He needs a lot of work on his arm, but the kid loves scoring and doesn't break under pressure. He simply brings that "it" factor that so many players yearn, but very few have. Under Elway's leadership and Fox's experience, I think the Broncos should do a whole hell of a lot better this season if they can bolster their defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad, be moderately happy (oh shi..... a pun!) Fox is a defensive mind (at least from what I have heard) and with Elway there, I am sure that the leadership will work out. All it is is the defense really, as you have said, the offense should be set. But daaaaaaamn, ya'll need some help on Defense that isn't a troublemaker (DJ Williams, here's looking at you).

@ Adrian, if y'all don't want Austin anymore I am sure that Ozzie would toss you a couple of picks for him. Damn Roy Williams to hell, as I saw Austin's potential and compared him to Hines Ward to a few real life friends, I wanted his contract to be up in Dallas so he could come and play for us, doubt it'll happen now that Jerry "Moneybags" Jones has ahold of him. Oh, and damn the Chiefs for letting Austin get that game on them! It is their fault too!
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-02-12 at 03:23 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I still want him on our team, but I was not impressed with his productiveness. Dez Bryant, a rookie, had a better season then Miles Austin. You can have Roy Williams though.

I'm actually excited for the new season with all the new coaches. Sorry Packer fans, Cowboys stole your WR coach. =)

Then its good that we can run the ball now

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Dallas fan and I hope we get Peterson or that Prince guy for our first pick (if we can't get Nnamdi off FA) if we do nab Nnamdi then trade back and bulk up our O-line

10+ Year Old Account
    No way in hell should Peterson fall that far.
    Here is my mock draft for the first 10 picks:
    Caolina Panthers: Nick Fairley
    Denver Broncos: Da'Quan Bowers
    Buffalo Bills: Von Miller
    Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert
    Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson
    Cleveland Browns: AJ Green
    San Fransisco 49ers: Marcell Darius
    Tennesse Titans: Cam Newton (they cannot resist)
    Dallas Cowboys: Prince Amukamara
    Washington Redskins: Nate Solder

If Newton doesn't go to the Titans, Chainsaw Dan and the 'Skins will grab 'im. All hail stupidity!
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-02-21 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giants need LB , some youth at OL and players who dont bash the coach to the medi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    No way in hell should Peterson fall that far.
    Here is my mock draft for the first 10 picks:
    Caolina Panthers: Nick Fairley
    Denver Broncos: Da'Quan Bowers
    Buffalo Bills: Von Miller
    Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert
    Arizona Cardnails: Patrick Peterson
    Cleveland Browns: AJ Green
    San Fransisco 49ers: Marcell Darius
    Tennesse Titans: Cam Newton (they cannot resist)
    Dallas Cowboys: Prince Amukamra
    Washington Redskins: Nate Solder

If Newton doesn't go to the Titans, Chainsaw Dan and the 'Skins will. All hail stupidity!
    First things first, the Niners will NOT pass up Prince if Peterson is gone. If they do, damn them to hell!

I'm a 49ers fan. My idea of the offseason would be...

Sign a Veteran QB like Mcnabb to tutor a young QB. I'm still up in the air on Smith. Hes had a D minded coach for awhile, maybe he can shine under a O minded coach? or grab VY if he hits the free agency.

Get Asomugha if we can. If we cant, then focus on Secondary in the draft preferably a corner like Peterson or Prince. If they are not there, then get a LB or a DT.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-02-20 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    First things first, the Niners will NOT pass up Prince if Peterson is gone. If they do, damn them to hell!

I'm a 49ers fan. My idea of the offseason would be...

Sign a Veteran QB like Mcnabb to tutor a young QB. I'm still up in the air on Smith. Hes had a D minded coach for awhile, maybe he can shine under a O minded coach? or grab VY if he hits the free agency.

Get Asomugha if we can. If we cant, then focus on Secondary in the draft preferably a corner like Peterson or Prince. If they are not there, then get a LB or a DT.
    Darius is an awesome player, not quite Suh, but very disruptive. As Pittsburgh has shown, you don't need awesome DBs if your front 8 are amazing at what they do - and in the NFC West, you don't even need all 8 to show up. Darius should anchor that line for awhile, I am unsure about how your linemen are because it has been 6 years since I've lived in Cali and actually cared about the Niners

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Darius is an awesome player, not quite Suh, but very disruptive. As Pittsburgh has shown, you don't need awesome DBs if your front 8 are amazing at what they do - and in the NFC West, you don't even need all 8 to show up. Darius should anchor that line for awhile, I am unsure about how your linemen are because it has been 6 years since I've lived in Cali and actually cared about the Niners
    As far as I can recall, the niners have a D-line, but another good player would not hurt. A strong D-line is going to win championships, more than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    As far as I can recall, the niners have a D-line, but another good player would not hurt. A strong D-line is going to win championships, more than anything else.
    So very, very true. I honestly hope HarbaughMKII can bring Smith to that level that a no. 1 pick should play at. Although, as a defensive player, and a fan of a defensive team, I can say that it would be wise to start building up more on D, Willis is a beast, sure, but I would be hard pressed to name anyone else on the defense.

Also, laughing my ass off at Tim Hasslebeck on Sportscenter today, Asomugha going to the Ravens? I would love it, but we are getting Ngata into a long-term contract. We aren't breaking the bank on another guy this season. Besides, Webb will be healthy all this next season, Wilson did well, Carr exceeded expectations, and we'll have Reed lurking around back there, Landry is the only weak link in that, and I am hoping that we can pick up a hard hitting SS or just put Nakamura or Zibby there instead of him, he gets trucked way to easy for an SS. We NEED a Pass rusher besides Suggs, who was a beast this year, imagine what he'll do with another pass rusher on the other side.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-02-21 at 10:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    With where Dallas is picking in the first round, I think they will have no real choice but to address offensive line help there. There's no real stud safeties that would be anything short of a reach that high in the draft, and the top two cover corners will probably be off the board by then.

However, perhaps second or third round they could get a steal pick for their secondary issues.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Besides Justin Smith, no one really worth noting.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Raiders

First off we need OL/C, hopefully we can have Marcus Cannon in the 2nd round.
    Second we need to use our next 3 picks on a center(the guy from Slippery Rock is a sleeper, cant remember his name!) and a couple of DBs if we cant get Aso back.
    Third, in the 5th or 6th round I think McElroy would make a great QB to grab! Let him sit on the bench and let him learn.
    Lastly, bring in a solid OLB to round off the D.

Other positions we would likely try to get would be a RB later on 2nd day, and Al's personal favorite the "FP" (Fastest Person) lol

Cowboys Fan:

1st Round: Trade down to 15-18 and take Tyron Smith (OT from USC)
    I know many people want to see Dallas take Prince with the #9 overall pick but I believe we can get great value with trading down and taking the best O-lineman in the draft. We(Dallas) can't afford to have Romo out another 10 weeks this season. I'd like to see Marc Colombo replaced with Doug Free at right tackle and draft Tyron Smith for our left tackle.

2nd Round: Ryan Mallet (QB from Ark)
    While Jon Kitna performed well last year after Romo went down I didn't think Stephen McGee did well at all. He's clearly not going to be a great QB in this league. I've watched Mallet since he signed with Michigan out of high school. The best arm and QB skill set in this years draft. If he can sit behind Romo for a couple of years and get better at his decision making I think he could end up being the steal of this years draft.

3rd Round: Rahim Moor (FS from UCLA)/ Rodney Hudson (G from Florida State) possibly from trading back in the first round
    Our entire secondary was awful last year. in 09 Jenkins and Newman were voted to the Pro Bowl and while they didn't play great, they sure as hell didn't get any help from the safeties. Rahim Moore is a ballhawking FS. I also think the Cowboys need help at the Guard position. Kyle Kosier and Leonard Davis both need to be replaced. I think Rodney Hudson could step in immediately.

4th Round: Tyler Sash (SS from Iowa)
    Tyler Smith woudl be worth taking a shot at here because Sensabaugh was so bad. I think Scandrick might make take his starting position but at least Sash could give them options to replace Sensabaugh.

5th Round: Alex Henery (K from Nebraska)
    Is there a worse kicking team in the league then the Cowboys? David Buehler was terrible, and I think Kris Brown might be the starting kicker by season opener but taking Alex Henery could give us another option. I'm still bitter that Nick Folk didn't work out. I liked him and he had a great year for the Jets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not gonna name a specific player because anything can happen in the draft.

But the Eagles man, Boom! started bright then faded out (least we can say the only reason why we didnt get to the superbowl was because we got beat by the world champs eh) =[
    Wasnt fun to watch man!

Imo its the O-line and the entire D we need to look at...but hey! we cant replace everyone XD
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.