Thread: Dark Intent

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dark Intent

We usually run with 2 locks and recently they've been giving eachother Dark Intent, I play a shadow priest and from what I've read/heard shadow priests benefit the most from Dark Intent. Has something changed or are they just being greedy?

Being greedy (and my main is a WL)

Deleted
    Yup, greedy. Same with Arcane mages doing their little Focus Magic circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    warlocks should never be DIing each other.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Shadowpriest, then boomkin, then fire mages i believe is the order dark intent should be given.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    warlocks should never be DIing each other.
    If you're just farming bosses.. why not? Meter whore'ing is fun ^^

But yeah, if your dps (or healing) really matters warlocks should never DI eachother.. the 3% haste is nothing compared to 9% dot dmg

I play unholy dk and when i get dark intent i just leap with joy

Deleted
    i usally go for resto druid - spreist - boomkin

Yeah, as far as healers go, give it to a druid healer. Check out the DI sticky - it's great.

Thats funny, the other day the lock in my group gave it to a Hunter. His exact words were "i'm giving it to the hunter cos he does more damage than you do"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That's not the same at all. Mages fully benefit from giving FM to eachother, while warlocks spoil the 9% DoT damage by jerking it, only gaining the 3% haste. Jerking DI will result in a direct dps loss for the raid as a whole while jerking FM doesn't make the raid lose anything except the fact that crit is a rather weak stat for arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Thats funny, the other day the lock in my group gave it to a Hunter. His exact words were "i'm giving it to the hunter cos he does more damage than you do"
    Survival Hunters are one of the better classes to give it to.

Not as good as Shadow Priests, but it is the fifth best dps spec for it. I've had to resort to a Survival Hunter in a 10 man raid before.

"Greedy" isn't even the word - I'd say "flat out idiots" instead. They obviously don't have a grip on the basics of the mechanic.

The RL should demand they do the right thing or they'll be gkicked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    That's not the same at all. Mages fully benefit from giving FM to eachother, while warlocks spoil the 9% DoT damage by jerking it, only gaining the 3% haste. Jerking DI will result in a direct dps loss for the raid as a whole while jerking FM doesn't make the raid lose anything except the fact that crit is a rather weak stat for arcane.
    While mages receive the benefit, it's still subpar to give it to another arcane mage. Same with warlocks, buffing each other DI gives them 6% haste each but is overall harmful to the raid. I do love how mages used to defend giving each other FM and now cry for DI every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saufs0ldat View Post
    While mages receive the benefit, it's still subpar to give it to another arcane mage. Same with warlocks, buffing each other DI gives them 6% haste each but is overall harmful to the raid. I do love how mages used to defend giving each other FM and now cry for DI every time.
    It's not a matter of stat weighs, nobody would cry if it was haste only, it's a well decent stat for locks. But missing out on 2 9% DoT damage for the raid is plain stupid, while jerking FM between arcane mages is just a slight overall dps loss compared to giving them to say a fire mage who benefits more from crit.

Deleted
    It doesn't have to. It's a matter of many factors whats the most benefit for you raid. It always depends...

With actual ~357 itemlvl Warlocks gain the benefit of reaching the new Immo softcap with double DI. And thats extremely! pushing their dps. More than an avarage 6 (or 5%) Dotbuff for 80% of the time.... even for a SP. -> Buff the WL

Other Situation: I have got 4-5 heroic pieces and reach the softcap bymyself -> Buff another.

Other Situation: If i've got a lazy Boomkin with an dotuptime in my raid. -> Buff the WL

Other Situation: The Restro Druid is gaining the new softcap for wildgrowth. I would give it the resto.
    Last edited by mmocf64c52ede0; 2011-02-10 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    i personally find SP to give the best uptime.because more uptime=more dps, fire mages s*cks for single target fights,go for boomkin or sp, other choices is to give to a healer if your raid have healing issues.i personally run with 2, i put on our resto druid and i receive one from my mate warlock.this makes me haste caped and i have 100%time for my dots as aff lock which is a HUGE dps gain.

Fire mages benefits more especially on aoe fights *cough halfus*

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Dark Intent also goes always to the Resto druid..

Deleted
    My DI goes to our Rdruid, if he's not around our Spriest, if he's not around our Boomkin.

I'd recommend this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0.6-2011-02-07)) for your Warlocks. Tell them to stop being stupid while you're at it.