Deleted

holy priest need help with few questions!

1. according to EJ at lvl 85, 5% raid haste buff, 2/3 Darkness i need 646.0 haste for 12.5%. I am currently at 649= 7.17% which should be fine. but if I add those 5% to 7.17% it doesn't add up to 12.5%. is there a mistake on EJ guide or is there's some hidden 0.something %?

2. I have read 2 different suggestions on use of Hymn of Hope together with Fiend. One says to release fiend immediately followed by Hymn, the other one said to cast hymn, and then fiend. which one is correct?

Thank you in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You don't NEED to be at 12.5% Haste. Otherwise, I'm not a math-y guys, so I can't help you with it, but it could have something to do with how Haste is calculated. Also, why only 2/3 Darkness?

2. I think it's Fiend first, then Hymn of Hope, since then the Shadowfiend will benefit from the increased manapool you Hymn gives you.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

1. The character sheet now shows darkness in your haste calculation so character sheet +5% is what you will have in raids. This was changed in this patch I believe.

2. You have to cast fiend first then hymn. That way your fiend is hitting the target while you have an increased mana pool. This way, the 6% per hit you recieve back is on the larger mana pool value. If you do it the other way around you will lose the larger mana pool before you fiend comes out.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Deleted
    well i think now that Renew cost has been lowered, it's good to have it for the 5th tick.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moode View Post
    1. The character sheet now shows darkness in your haste calculation so character sheet +5% is what you will have in raids. This was changed in this patch I believe.
    The numbers I gave is including Darkness as it shows on my character sheet, and to answer why only 2/3 Darkness, because we are on Nefarian and I need that extra mana, the fight is long.
    Last edited by mmocf44ffe3b81; 2011-02-10 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    To get your 12.5% haste you need around 1400 haste not the amount you were told. However haste buffs do not currently affect characters as you would think so try and get the haste cap pre buff (full dungeon gear should be enough).

Haste DOES show on the character sheet. The haste buffs you get (Darkness and Mind Quickening) are multiplicative and not additive.

The buff you get from Hymn lasts 8 seconds, but refreshes itself while you are channeling. So it would be best to cast Shadowfiend and then immediately use Hymn. You could do it the other way around, the difference is minor.

Ok I think if you cast hymn first then fiend you'll cancel your hymn channeling. So fiend goes first.