Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I smell a nerf incoming -.-

Well, Shadow priests are ripping everything up atm... I don't remember a point in game we were this good. Complaints already started. I don't want to give up my OP'ness

But I really smell a nerf incoming as a hotfix, damn it...

EDIT: Sorry for not being very clear, I meant PVE and especially raidwise.
    Last edited by Jervaise; 2011-02-09 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in pvp or pve? i suggest that in pve, because you know, this game is about pve

Quote Originally Posted by Wogga View Post
    in pvp or pve? i suggest that in pve, because you know, this game is about pve
    I beg to differ. PvE gets A LOT of nerfs because of PvP, class wise.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I had an spriest in all blues doing pretty solid dps, not quite keeping up with me but close(me in almost full epics, missing 3 pieces that are still heroic blues), in BoT and BWD last night. I don't know that its nerf-worthy yet but yeah, we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our DPS definitely improved, but I don't know that it's "nerf bat" worthy.

On encounters with multiple targets, leading to multi-DoT'ing, I found that I was topping the meters and setting some new WoL records for shadow priests (which were knocked down as more shadow priests raided through the night). If it was an encounter that was entirely/mostly single target, like Chimaeron or Cho'gall, my DPS was similar to others but not over the top.

Time will tell, I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been top DPS since I was a warlock spamming Shadow Bolt (or Seed of Corruption in Hyjal), but I was top on Atramedes (15k) and Argaloth (18k, but that is a fight without movement), and all 5 of us (rogue, enh sham, surv hunter, fire mage, and I) were very close on Chimaeron (14.5k-16k).

I do feel like we'll get nerfed shortly, but I thought they only buffed mastery and mind blast?

Yes it is awesome!
    Target dummy today! Popped AA and had 3 orbs, critted 61k with MB! Self-buffed, imagine what 10% SP and 6% int could do!
    Hmmmm.
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

As said in the post above, shadow priest is still behind a few other classes in single-target fights. According to my experience last night, hunter and DK are still leading the dps chart. I am happy enough to be among top 5 in those fights. Yes, our dps is buffed, but not high enough to sound a bell for Blizzard. Balance druid on the other hand, received a whopping dps increase.

I had quite a few 100-115k MB on H-magmaw tonight (No not on the head).
    Also keep in mind that Dark Intent is a ~10% damage Increase and should not be taken into account when comparing us to other classes

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we got properly balanced for the current raid content. I feel like I'm in the right place with my current gear....esp considering my guildies who are great players, (ranking players)...also got buffs (fire mage, enh shaman) lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we don't have a warlock so no Dark Intent ( )

Didn't see anything above a 65k mind blast (not that that's bad ...) ... I have about 8 epics (one tier piece) and a 333 ring.
    Last edited by Pythagoreant; 2011-02-09 at 05:03 PM.

I got a 83k mind blast crit on a target dummy yesterday, but that was with 3 orbs, power torrent, volcanic destruction, dark archangel, and jeweled serpent. Still, that's fun to see. =D

Did 42k on halfys, pretty happy with that.
    23k and the dragons isn't to abd with ym gear either, round half blue

Hit 19880 DPS last night on maloriak. At this point i believe we're on point with the other classes and will only out shine other classes via quality of the player.

As a warlock I wouldn't care if a shadow priest did more DPS than myself. All I care about is having fun and seeing bosses drop dead.

I don't think any class is so bad off in Cataclysm that they are shunned from raids, so I don't know why anybody would honestly whine about another class and their DPS. Granted, I am not in a progression raiding guild, and I am sure in those few guilds that class composition and stacking might be an issue. For the majority of the rest of us, we should just have fun and leave others be. If a class is really out-of-whack DPS-wise then Blizzard will realize it on their own and make adjustments.

The original face melters are back?

Let me go get my ceremonial worship attire so I can properly wellcome our new Shadow Priest overlords back.

IMHO, if meter toppers worried as much about raid success as they do about personal success there's be way more raid success.

Compare yourself to others of your class, not every other class overall. If you're not competing against others in your class, then you're doing something wrong. If you're your class is not doing as much as class X, Y or Z, then it's obviously not your classes turn to be OP. Find other ways for your class to be of benefit.

IMHO.

It's amusing that all of these mastery and mind blast changes were to make mind blast viable in pve, since we've been finding ways around using it since ICC.

This time, they deffo overtuned it a bit. I had a 160k mb crit on magmaw's head last night, and routinely see 60k+ crits in normal raiding situations. This change has brought our dps up to the top of the meters on pretty much every fight.

I don't think it's our raid dps that will cause the nerf though, it will be because of pvp.

Critting a fully resil'd target for 30k+ as a dot class will get nerfed, so enjoy it while it lasts.

My main spec is Holy and am geared for such, I LOVE shadow now. In my holy gear I was topping meters in Heroics and am in love with the fact I can two and three shot mobs now. MS>MS>(health low)>Insta Mindblast on single target, wow.

25 man raiding guild, primary spec spriest. 359 ilvl, me and the other 3 spriests, any multi target fight we crushed the raid, like 3-5k between us and the next highest.

Single target fights the mages were mixing with us.

Needless to say, a raiding guild with 4 active shadow priests used to draw laughs. Not anymore.