Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Stop crying about Aimed Shot?

I came on the forums today expecting people to be rejoicing now that hunter damage for all 3 specs is pretty close. We now have TWO competitive specs and a third that can be good on certain fights. Instead I come on here and see the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Page after page of people complaining that Aimed Shot does TOO MUCH DAMAGE. Yes that's right, you guys are complaining that you do too much damage and you want yourself nerfed. Huntard has truly taken on a new meaning.

The truly ridiculous thing about this complaint is that the ability is the CORE ABILITY learned when picking up Marks. It's like arguing that Explosive Shot does too much damage for Survival and should barely be used. This is completely ridiculous. I honestly have no other words for this outside of ridiculous.

As a side note, I really love the complaints that we now have no "mobility" because we have to cast a shot. Apparently casting shots as a hunter feels "clunky". I honestly don't know whether to believe I'm being trolled by the entire hunter community or if there is something I'm missing here.

Why the heck are people complaining about Aimed Shot? This is absurd.

-------------------------------------

If i wanted casttime and immobility, i would have rolled a mage or a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Grolly View Post
    Because you have no other option as a hunter but to roll Marksmanship and hard cast Aimed Shots? My head just exploded.

I hate marksman because the rotation is broken and not because it might do too much or too little dps. If they fix the rotation and give it less mobility penalty I might even try it in a raid. Do you think completely dropping chimera shot from marksman rotation is a good thing ? Do you think it was intended? Do you find it a fun rotation to play ?

survival is quite low in comparison to most other classes now (it was already getting that way before the patch nerfed it). It was just above middle of the pack before the patch. Now other classes have been buffed and survival got nerfed it's probably slightly below the middle of the pack.

BM is a lot stronger than it was but still mediocre at best. Unless my chaining ancent hysteria on multiple corehounds plan works.... but that is "clunky" too.

Besides this I checked a few WOL reports of MM hunters in good guilds such as paragon and a couple of other top 50 guilds. Their hunters were all playing marks with the stupid broken rotation (all completely abandoning chimera shot) and they were generally around 12-15th place on the meters. The only exception was chimaeron where 1 hunter managed to get upto 3rd place and i'd imagine it would be good on Argaloth too. It's a spec for target dummies and about 2-3 bosses where you don't need to move much.... and it's a broken rotation.

If you'd like to see the dumb rotation and terrible results of the current MM spec in an actual raid :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...ne/?enc=bosses
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses

Theres some world of logs for you. I'm sure I can look at most of the top 50 guilds and find similair results. Still wondering what the QQ is about ?

QQ FULLY JUSTIFIED.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2011-02-10 at 07:04 AM.

Can you show me a log of a top Marks hunter NOT using a retarded rotation/priority shot system? If it's a mobile fight, stop dumping Aimed Shots and go back to throwing in Chimera and Arcane Shot...

Deleted
    Aimed Shots critting 41k to a mage with 3110 resilience is not OP at all, and shooting 30k Chimerashot crit instantly after AS aint OP either. I mean its only 71k burst dmg. Seriously, why do these people even cry?

U c what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomething View Post
    Aimed Shots critting 41k to a mage with 3110 resilience is not OP at all, and shooting 30k Chimerashot crit instantly after AS aint OP either. I mean its only 71k burst dmg. Seriously, why do these people even cry?

U c what I did there?
    I'm a mage, I QQ because I lose to one class.

And I totally see it.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2011-02-10 at 07:26 AM.

Deleted
    I do not relly know why all of ppl pushing so hard to make rotation SS,SS,AiS,SS,SS,AiS.

I was yestarday on Chimeron HC with my guild and we wipe alot and i was testing one try with SS,SS,AiS,SS,SS,AiS and another with Srp,RF,CS,Readines,CS,SS,SS,dumping focus by AS and use AiS only wen it proc.The resaltsu were simiular , both of them around 22k .

So for me it is not big differnce with those two rotation and i think the secound one without hard pushing AiS is much more fun and flexable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkh0990 View Post
    Because you have no other option as a hunter but to roll Marksmanship and hard cast Aimed Shots? My head just exploded.
    If you want to get the absolute most out of your class then no.

Deleted
    I think the "complaining about complaining is still complaining" comment is needed.

I don't think complaining about doing too much damage is bad for any class/spec, being balanced is far more fun than being OP/UP.
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2011-02-10 at 08:24 AM.

when someone who plays the class says that they are broken then it usually means that things aren't right and the hunters i know have been ROFL'ing and chaining BG's to hit people for 85k in 1 second because they know it won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Grolly View Post
    you do know aimed shot originally had a cast time because it was safe to assume you take a second to aim the damn gun before you fired

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    you do know aimed shot originally had a cast time because it was safe to assume you take a second to aim the damn gun before you fired
    Im very well aware of that, but it also had a cooldown. So slap a cooldown on aimed shot again and im happy.

If they nerf aimed shot I am going back to survival is all i have to say...

Yesterday on our Nefarian tries I was actually in top2 dps all the time and I was using rotation with SrS, CS and hardcasted AiS as focus dump. Also I was fishing for bugged focus free AiS procs (that was not that hard I must admit). As for me I love hard hitting feel of Marksmanship spec compared to DoT based SV. But I honestly think that Blizzard messed up with MM a bit. Arguments for my point are:
    - as mastery bonus we have 15% increased Auto Shot damage - cool, but with most efficient rotation now we delay Autoshot all the time (on my logs I had Autoshot damage as 8% of total damage done), so what the point of that so called "bonus"?
    - as third mastery bonus we have WQ - but having 2+ sec casted shot and delayed Autoshots diminishes value of that proc even with buffed mastery in 4.0.6
    - as 2 set bonus we have 5% crit for Serpent Sting - nice increase for ability which is like 3-4% of total average damage

Reason for 1st, 2nd problems is AiS. Added 3rd problem to the list just to make it more complete.
    Last edited by Iskam; 2011-02-10 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskam View Post
    - as 2 set bonus we have 5% crit for Serpent Sting - nice increase for ability which is like 3-4% of total average damage
    The 2 piece bonus is terrible. As BM it worked out as something like 30 dps according to female dwarf. Same goes for glyph of serpent sting

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of you guys really make me wonder about the future.... so eager to shoot yourselves in the foot and gimp yourselves.... *shakes head*
    Asking for a cool down... it already has a built in cool down. 2+ second cast, and then the need to chain at LEAST 2 Steady shots in in order to have enough focus to use it again, assuming you aren't doing anything else.

And although Aimed shot may be hitting decently at the moment, notice how Shadow priests are hitting 80-100k crits with mind blast or some such? Yeah. A single cast can potentially crit you for more than 80K, whereas a hunter needs at least 3-4 Globals to do that. In arena tonight my holy paly partner got insta-gibbed literally by 2 SPriests. With 3500 resil. They both hit him at once and bam, dead.

How about raging blow hitting for 60k+ in a single strike against plate from a fury warrior? All you have to do to control a hunter is get inside the dead zone and he can't touch you. Unfortunately mages, warriors, priests, etc don't HAVE a dead zone.... You want to QQ about something being broken, pick a better target, or at least one that makes a modicum of sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomething View Post

U c what I did there?
    Why i think you lie here.Let see now i hit target dummy with 40k average crits mine Best hit on player in battleground was around 30k on some warlock.And i need 2.5 sec cast time so you have 2.5 seconds to get out of range or get in melee one.So aimed is screwed i got verry low chances to use it in Battlegrounds no need to speak for arena there will have almost no chances to success in the cast.If you have 3k resi most better hit what you can get its around 60k from both source from someone really geared hunter and still there is RNG with ChS coz he isnt affected by Careful Aim.Also even if hunter did 71k this is still half of your HP
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2011-02-10 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    Long, long ago, hunters had a lack of mobility too... And cast times, oh the horrible cast times! By long ago, i mean pre-Cata, 2 months ago, before we had Aspect of the Fox. You got used to that easily, now get used to this, or go SV - it's only a very small dps difference.

I started levelling my Hunter again in Outland after this patch, respecced to Marksmanship out of BM, and was amazed when I started one-shotting ogres same level as me on a crit. Never been able to do that before. Didn't even have Aspect of the Hawk up.

It's quite fun settling down for a nice careful shot, knowing there's a chance this one could get 'em between the eyes. It does make you feel more like a sniper than a SV or BM hunter. So for class differentiation it's pretty decent. I don't think people should be asking for it to be nerfed to trade in more mobility. If you want mobility roll SV. With the trap cooldowns reduced through the talent tree you've got plenty of lock and loads to play with.