Thread: Boomkins op?

Deleted

Boomkins op?

Hey guys.
    Just wondering if any of you moonkins out there feels like they're hm, a bit OP?
    I was in throne of the tides yesterday, guild run (so no 15% buff), and I pushed up to 20k dps with cd's and starfall.
    My gear is 350 so it's not "that" good either.
    I don't know but I feel like we will probaly see a nerf in a not so distance future :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jehovas View Post
    Hey guys.
    Just wondering if any of you moonkins out there feels like they're hm, a bit OP?
    I was in throne of the tides yesterday, guild run (so no 15% buff), and I pushed up to 20k dps with cd's and starfall.
    My gear is 350 so it's not "that" good either.
    I don't know but I feel like we will probaly see a nerf in a not so distance future :/

not OP no.

i did manage to drop a 101,000 starsurge crit in a 5 man however

only time ive seen that though
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

nah just doing decent AoE damage if you do it correct. i dod around 18k overall in a hc with my 361 ilvl gear, but we seems fine in raids damage wise etc, not OP and not shit either.

Deleted
    Not in my opinion. Boomkins indeed got a nice overall damage buff but we werent the only ones.
    For example, MM hunters and Fury warrs DPS went to skyhigh due new buffs, also SPs DPS increased couple thousands.

I cant see the reason for nerfing Boomkins anywhere near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kinda OP atm. We ran BWD yesterday and our crit chicken had Starsurges that were almost of the chart. On Omnotron he pushed 25k DPS (and 170k crits on Magmaw) which was less than 100 below the number one Boomkin on that fight pre-patch. And he is wearing 50/50 blue/epic. Of course the current top ranker will do a lot more too now, but I guess that Boomkin got a lot more buffed than was intended... Time will tell.

Starfall is currently broken or the tooltip is wrong. I used Starfall one time on a pack of trash and got 40 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomething View Post
    Not in my opinion. Boomkins indeed got a nice overall damage buff but we werent the only ones.
    For example, MM hunters and Fury warrs DPS went to skyhigh due new buffs, also SPs DPS increased couple thousands.

I cant see the reason for nerfing Boomkins anywhere near future.
    Please don't include MM hunters in this. Marksman is a broken spec.... MM hunters have had to drop chimera shot entirely from their rotation despite it being the signature shot of the spec. Besides this MM hunters are useless on any fight where they have to move. Don't believe me? Check some Logs from wednesdays raids and you will see most hunters around 12th-15th and sometimes lower place on most bosses. Chimaeron, argaloth and perhaps 1 or 2 other bosses are the exception.

That whole spec needs to be rebalanced from scratch. If a spec is having to employ rotations without their main shot to be competitive on just a couple of bosses you can hardly say "MM hunters went sky high due to new buffs". Target dummies and easy heroic dungeons are no indication of how a class will do in a raid.

Paragon
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...um/damageDone/
    Method
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...um/damageDone/
    Vodka
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...um/damageDone/

3 of the top 5 ranked guilds in the world. All hunters doing terribly in comparison to other classes. And I wasn't selective in which 3 guilds I chose... Ensidia had no logs up and for the horde only had argaloth up which just happens to be 1 of the only bosses that favour MM (and that hunter still came about 10th.

Still think MM hunters are powerful? Think again.

I didn't see the reason to nerf survival hunters so heavily when they were about the 5th highest dps overall according to stateofdps.com... still happened.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2011-02-10 at 07:58 AM.

I had a Boomkin kill me. While spamming Sunfire. While he stayed at full health. While he stayed 20 plus yards away.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo nerfs. My performance has been so good that I'm up for a promotion in my guild >.>

I'm never top dps but I'm most improved and our only battle chicken
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Please don't include MM hunters in this. Marksman is a broken spec.... MM hunters have had to drop chimera shot entirely from their rotation despite it being the signature shot of the spec. Besides this MM hunters are useless on any fight where they have to move. Don't believe me? Check some Logs from wednesdays raids and you will see most hunters around 12th-15th and sometimes lower place on most bosses. Chimaeron, argaloth and perhaps 1 or 2 other bosses are the exception.

That whole spec needs to be rebalanced from scratch. If a spec is having to employ rotations without their main shot to be competitive on just a couple of bosses you can hardly say "MM hunters went sky high due to new buffs". Target dummies and easy heroic dungeons are no indication of how a class will do in a raid.

Paragon
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...um/damageDone/
    Method
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...um/damageDone/
    Vodka
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...um/damageDone/

3 of the top 5 ranked guilds in the world. All hunters doing terribly in comparison to other classes. And I wasn't selective in which 3 guilds I chose... Ensidia had no logs up and for the horde only had argaloth up which just happens to be 1 of the only bosses that favour MM (and that hunter still came about 10th.

Still think MM hunters are powerful? Think again.

I didn't see the reason to nerf survival hunters so heavily when they were about the 5th highest dps overall according to stateofdps.com... still happened.

Linking an overall web stats page isn't really going to prove your point. Look at the fights you listed independently and you will see that hunters are still doing very well.

OT: Boomkin seems to be tearin up the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    I had a Boomkin kill me. While spamming Sunfire. While he stayed at full health. While he stayed 20 plus yards away.
    you, a dk, can t manage even to reach a moonkin?
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

chimaeron - tank and spank for dps mostly, with no adds and nearly 100% uptime, a fine enough dps dummy. hunter is top1 with 28k dps, moonkin 2nd with 27.4

and feral is 18.8k.. damn, feral needs a dps buff :[

hunters and moonkins will probably see a nerf soon.. cuz they kind of stick out of the crowd..

Wah hunters are broken fix them.

ONE day after a patch and people are already up in arms about it. If we go by those same logs, Paulosio, should I link the Ferals in those raids and cry about how bad we are?

Druids shift specs as often as they shift forms. Every patch you see a massive migration of druids. One patch and you will see almost nothing but kitties and bears. Another patch and you will see a bunch of resto druids. Yet another patch you will see a lot of moonkins.

I haven't seen many moonkins since Cata launched. I suspect I am about to see dancing owlkin everywhere now and not many kitties.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Wah hunters are broken fix them.

ONE day after a patch and people are already up in arms about it. If we go by those same logs, Paulosio, should I link the Ferals in those raids and cry about how bad we are?
    You should. It works.. Wait.. Not even QQ works anymore.. This is the worst patch ever happened to WoW and the communication with devs has stopped entirely. what the hell is going on with WoW??? Did they pull everyone remotely competent off to work on Titan or something?

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    Druids shift specs as often as they shift forms. Every patch you see a massive migration of druids. One patch and you will see almost nothing but kitties and bears. Another patch and you will see a bunch of resto druids. Yet another patch you will see a lot of moonkins.

I haven't seen many moonkins since Cata launched. I suspect I am about to see dancing owlkin everywhere now and not many kitties.
    This is bullsh*t. Im a druid raider 12/12, im feral spec, i just DO NOT have the gear to "shift specs", not to mention i dont want to change my preferred play style. Not to mention that in my established raiding group there is no room for a role change. And all the competent hardcore druid raiders i know would say the same. They are pro at their chosen style and will stick to it until it becomes unplayable, and if that happens they would just quit raiding. Not even world's topmost druids jump specs. Like Xodan is always feral, Lappe is always moonkin etc. So, yeah, speak for yourself.

After yesterday's heroics, I feel definitely OP and I'm afraid they over-buffed moonkins. Hopefully, nerfs won't come too soon.
    Single target dps has gone up about 5k, I can push over 20k single target in a 5 man group w/o Lust now easily.

Haven't done a raid yet, so I can't really say where we stand now. It's not much more than our fire mage was doing pre-patch.

Btw., has Bear aggro now become horrible or is it our tank? I never had problems before the patch, but yesterday I was pulling from the tank constantly, both AoE trash and single target bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Boomkins and Trees are OP now :3 We DOMINATE PvP-wise atleast :3
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Shhhhhhh! were not OP.... infact, we need moar buffs! yes....moar buffs pls!
    and an insta-threat drop while your at it! seriously tho, quiet or your askin for a nerf!
    Please?

The only thing that seems OP about us atm is Wild Mushroom was over buffed. Bring the damage back down on WM but keep the range & Instant cast and we'll be fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post

Survival was number one, about 1000 above 2nd place. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Btw., has Bear aggro now become horrible or is it our tank? I never had problems before the patch, but yesterday I was pulling from the tank constantly, both AoE trash and single target bosses.
    20% reduce on all bear single-target abilities. 6% less AP for many bears. Druids have always been weak on AOE in cata, you just do more damage (moonkins have been annoying the whole time though).

Anyway, in a few days, boomkin will probably have the number one spot for many encounters, they are too strong right now. Balance AOE was good enough before patch, now it's just stupid.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2011-02-10 at 09:34 AM.