Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blablablablablabla View Post
    Because you can use those rewards to do content you find mroe fun, like raids? I never have, and never will, understand people who treat dungeons as end game content. It is impossible to make hc dungeons managable by people in leveling/normal dungeon gear and at the same time hard for people in raid gear. Dungeons are a stepping stone, not endgame
    I'm not in raid gear, my guild is too small to raid. I'm in ilvl 348 or something, and HCs has been easy for ages. Since when isn't HCs end-game content? It's harder versions of dungeons meant for lvl 85s. It's not free dungeons for anyone who is 80+ and don't want to gear up properly.

lol its not like they were hard to begin with, we were doing SFK runs where we just went in and facerolled the whole place without the luck of the draw buff, the 15% buff just makes it a less time consuming aoefest
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    lol its not like they were hard to begin with, we were doing SFK runs where we just went in and facerolled the whole place without the luck of the draw buff, the 15% buff just makes it a less time consuming aoefest
    My original point exactly.

You call this hard? .... You need to learn to play Super hard games to learn what "Hard" means .....

I did all of these dungeons on heroic for a friend and did WITHOUT taking CC ....

Deleted
    carried

Theres only so many times i can wipe in an HC with bads before i quit :P , so glad of this buff.
    Last edited by mmoc796e664f5d; 2011-02-10 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Steamrolling dungeons has been possible without the buff for several weeks. If you want dungeons to be equally difficult all throughout an expansion, why would you even gear up?
    It's about alts and players who haven't geared up. We've all geared up and has earned the right to steamroll the HCs. People who just hit 329 ilvl or bads who hasn't been able to beat a single dungeon hasn't earned the right to even beat the HCs, which is why people are QQing that Blizzard is catering to QQers.

The difference I see between Cata heroics and Wotlk heroics is that the Cata heroics have some more insta kill abilities that you have to watch out for no matter what. For instance I did a hc DM with 4 guildies and a pug yesterday. We bursted down every thrash, not really aoeing, but single target nuke and ofc tank aoe and rogue's killing spree, stuff like that. But at bosses, we still had to watch out for stuff like the fire at the first boss, harvest from the foe reaper and bad food from cookie.

At the moment I find them perfect: not as hard and annoying as in the beginning, but not as faceroll as in wotlk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the lich knough View Post
    TBH, me happy, i dont like the "CC mob, w8 5 hours, slowly approach from here, get him to 8.4% health, next one", i prefer "run in, if it goes badly, wipe, or just improvise, CDs, polymorph, whatever"
    Great, exactly what I prefer too. Just try everything out, if it doesn't work that easily, you use some tactics. Yeah, I guess I sound lazy now, but I simply don't have the time for 30 minute queues and 2h30 dungeons. I've got more to do in a day than just WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    I never used CC in Shadowfang keep to begin with... Maybe on one of the mobs in the final room, but apart from that, Shadowfang keep doesn't require CC as much as, say, Grim Batol.
    This. I have never ever used CC in SFK, even without the buff. Got do GB or HoO without CC and tell me how that goes/

15+ Year Old Account
    All petty arguments aside, I think the main point we're all trying to make is that the Luck of the Draw buff isn't solely what's making heroics easier now. The Luck of the Draw buff was merely the final straw that pushed it over the edge. We would've gotten to this point eventually anyway due to gear level continuously rising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    This. I have never ever used CC in SFK, even without the buff. Got do GB or HoO without CC and tell me how that goes/
    Actually i never used cc in GB. Anyway i fail to see the problem here. you guys want chalenge in Heroics ? I just want to sprint till the end of my daily so i can log off.

Really couldn't care less. Heroics are already seriously old content for anyone progressing, make them whatever difficulty you want now.

No, the player base doesn't learn how to raid from heroics. But as long as they aren't getting epics in there, it's all good in my books.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock Caverns didn't feel any different last night. But then again, I was healing a bunch of rather low-dps alts and an inexperienced slightly noobish DK tank. And there was no CC at all. I swear I felt as though it had been my first time in that heroic way back when we just barely met the requirement iLvl. I went OOM so badly from spamming the most expensive heals that I had only to prevent the one or the other wipe.

Random people will still need to L2P. Increased dmg and healing only accounts for so much. It won't pull Karog Steelbreaker (that's the guy, right?) out of the fire thingy. It won't interrupt the beams at Corga for you. It won't prevent a trashpack from adding that you foolishly wanted to sneak past.

So... Luck of the Draw = wayne. I'll breeze through those dungeons with experienced people who do decent dps either way. And I'll wipe and struggle with people who don't do dps or don't play decently either way as well. I still can't heal through stupid - or maybe I'm not really trying to *face turns red - runs away to hide*

Quote Originally Posted by jffmarcelo View Post
    Actually i never used cc in GB. Anyway i fail to see the problem here. you guys want chalenge in Heroics ? I just want to sprint till the end of my daily so i can log off.
    I want to spend gold repairing .... if i had 1 million gold in Wow i would probly pay some guy's to wipe me few times so i can repair .... you know why? So i can always doing something fun

Also, why even bother to logg on and do heroic for a day

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Without amazing gear you'll need CC
    But I just got out of doing HoO with a guild group, our gear is averaging on 360ish item level and it's just so easy to do this shit as of right now.
    Every dps having roughly 16-17k dps overall (not counting first boss) and tank with 200k hp, there's just no challenge in HoO with one shot mechanics.

a lot of people are over geared for heroics now and they are easier. if you didn't see that coming you must be barely awake

Deleted
    HC Stonecore... my first 4.06 heroic... 3 of them where there for the first time... they could not care less about tactics, every boss or trash pull was "just hit whatever". We pulled 2 packs of trash in the room before 3rd boss.... a walk in the park, me as a warrior tank did mos dps, but they droped very fast. 3rd boss... the only Cata boss from heroics that i acualy like tanking... is a joke now... I have no problems with making HC more easy for pugs... but the moment boss tactics no longer is important it means it's too easy...

Luxury

Yeah heroics are so easy now, like yesterday I entered Deadmines put my mage on autorun then switched my computer off and when I logged on today i had cleared the whole thing. C'mon Blizz!!

Been aoeing heroics since week 3. Old news.

i like the buff because it makes carrying the group easier, i quee up for like 3 today just see some of the changes and i was doin like 19-26K on bosses and trash. most of the other members was 10k or lower. now killing adds, debuffing the boss and doing all the jobs of the other party members is alot easier than before

P.S best part of the change now when i pull threat off the fail tank i can tank the add way longer without dieing