Thread: Holy OP for PvP

  1. #1

    Holy OP for PvP

    i find holy easier to survive then Disc, in holy u have more instant heals and they heal for a bit in disc its to much casting and easier to get inturpted

  2. #2
    Use Inner Focus to not get kicked/pummelled? lol

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiducia View Post
    Use Inner Focus to not get kicked/pummelled? lol
    And then do what for the next 42 seconds?

  4. #4
    prayer of mending, renew, power word shield...could probably even use holy nova
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    prayer of mending, renew, power word shield...could probably even use holy nova
    ... If you're using holy nova to heal yourself in an arena situation, you're probably going to lose the mana battle and lose. Just saying. >_>

    But yeah, instants and inner focus and after that you do what every other healer does, juke and pray. That's why the OP was saying holy is op (which it's not) is because of more instants because there's less juking and praying.

  6. #6
    when you say OP, you mean overpowered right? like 3.0 paladins or dk's shortly after that?
    somebody call for d doctor?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmitreski View Post
    i find holy easier to survive then Disc, in holy u have more instant heals and they heal for a bit in disc its to much casting and easier to get inturpted
    What rating/gearyou possess?

    Let me guess, 1100's and 2000 resi?

  8. #8
    yeh do u do for the next 45 sec

  9. #9
    The Patient Gibbsy999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    256
    This may be because I'm used to Holy more, but it is easier.
    You have a stun! Combined with Body & Soul + Holy Walk you can get away from melee.
    With Disc, you kind of rely on others for peels, whereas Holy doesn't as much...

    ~3100 resilience and my rating is only ~1600. Not a lot but I don't arena much.

  10. #10
    Body & Soul doesn't stack with Holy Walk unfortunatly, I dunno if it's bugged but I wasn't happy so I continued to use double resi sets. But both specs are viable, but I suspect at very high rating Disc will shine because of the better cooldowns.

    Glyphed Prayer of Mending heals me for around 16000, so that is very powerful, combined with a 22000 Power Word: Shield effect, it's hard to break a Disc easy now. Desperate Prayer is amazing now, I'm really pleased about that change.

  11. #11
    Blessed Resilience and Desperate Prayer stack, so you can go from under 50% to 100% in an instant.

  12. #12
    Me prefer Holy too.

    Desperate Prayer heal is now insane, the Stun is very usefull (you dont sheep me), Strong hot while stunned or silence + hot from lightwell + fast run from shield + more HPS in extreme situation (2x FH +1x GH is awesome).

    I think the holy priest have more gimmicks then the Disc to control the fight, but the disc is more effectie in reduceing the incoming damage.

    PVP with the chakra is a little tricky. You can use Your instant heal from chakra, cancel the aura, stun and enter healing chakra again to have an new instant heal. You can do this every 30 second.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Haggerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, Angel
    Posts
    1,234
    *** Copied from the odd duplicate thread because I'm pretty interested in what folk say...

    I used to love Disc for PvP but since Cata it seemed to lose something. Been playing Holy in unrated BGs and it still feels I get focused - pretty much always...people are just trained to go for the healer aren't they.

    As for defense though - I find speedy shield invaluable for getting out of scapes (even without the new 4 piece bonus)...Guardian spirit, desperate prayer, chastise, cure poisons....it doesn't seem OP but it does seem that we now have the tools to not be a total target dummy.

    Disc though? Seems a bit like the poor cousin. Maybe I'll respec tonight and give it a spin.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    ... If you're using holy nova to heal yourself in an arena situation, you're probably going to lose the mana battle and lose. Just saying. >_>

    But yeah, instants and inner focus and after that you do what every other healer does, juke and pray. That's why the OP was saying holy is op (which it's not) is because of more instants because there's less juking and praying.
    Lose the mana battle?
    Nobody cares about 2v2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •