Deleted

About the new rares (latest patch)

One thing I noticed about Cataclysm was the lack of rares, like you had in TBC and WotLK and counted for the rare kill achievements like Frostbitten. It seemed like you could only find rare animals, which were mostly interesting for hunters obviously. But with this added in latest patch:

* any rare creatures that went into hiding upon Deathwing’s emergence into Azeroth have made a return! In addition to finding new homes in a post-Cataclysm world, they drop new, improved loot, provide a healthy experience bonus, and respawn much more quickly when killed. Happy hunting!

Does anyone know if Blizzard means the pre-60 zone rares that are back in the game, or did they add new ones in the +80 zones? It always felt like the occasional rare mob you stumbled upon made the world feel more diverse, and I had hoped they would add more in, along with maybe an achievement like before. Anyway, just wondering (:

Deleted
    "any rare creatures that went into hiding upon Deathwing’s emergence into Azeroth"

This answers your question I believe. They mean pre-60 zone rares mate.

On my warrior, i camped at twilight highlands for the rare that drops the ilevel346 pants and i never saw him...
    Went to deepholm several times to find the big worm (terborus or something like that) and nope... nothing...
    Flew around the temple searching for aeonaxx, and nothing aswell...
    I was starting to feel that rares were extremely rare in Cataclysm and eventually gave up.

2 days later i started leveling my rogue.
    Went to Hyjal, did the first couple of quests then got the Infiltrator's camp quest.. As i was flying there, i found a rare (a giant that looks like the 2nd boss in GB) and i was like: "OMG! It's like the loot.. if you don't think about it, they show up lol"

After a week , i started leveling my hunter and BAM! The rare phoenix in Hyjal... Later that day went to Deepholm, and BAM! The pink giant (can't remember the name)... Since then, haven't seen more rares.

One thing i noticed though is that a lot of people know of their location and are camping them a lot... for 8 hours or more lol... The reason we don't see many is because of that, in my opinion.. There is a lot of information out there now, and people are more aware of stuff than they were before.

There were already new ones in the 80+ leveling zones, it's just that there is no achievement or list for killing any one of them.

The new change to rare creatures is for levels 1-60.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Pre 60 rares are in existence. I've been killing them since being able to play a Dwarf Shammy, Gnome Priest etc etc.

Deleted
    All right. It's just cause there were no achievements and I only saw rare animals so far, that I thought there weren't any regular ones. Thanks guys.

found a rare pirate in vashj'ir the other day who dropped a cursed pirate hat, the hat when worn, turns you into the gnome ghost pirate you stole it from (http://www.wowhead.com/item=65665)

burgy blackheart, keep an eye out for him, both me and my girlfriend have picked it up and it's a nice vanity item to have, just hope theres more like it elsewhere in the world from other rare elites, makes hunting rares a bit more interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    found a rare pirate in vashj'ir the other day who dropped a cursed pirate hat, the hat when worn, turns you into the gnome ghost pirate you stole it from (http://www.wowhead.com/item=65665)

burgy blackheart, keep an eye out for him, both me and my girlfriend have picked it up and it's a nice vanity item to have, just hope theres more like it elsewhere in the world from other rare elites, makes hunting rares a bit more interesting
    Yap i got this too not on main though but on my druid alt. Looks pro either way
    Retired