Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrucha View Post
    Names are trademarks. Does not matter if they are changed slightly as long as the public affiliates them with the product.
    Content is also protected, characters story lines, everything, sure.

However, saying something is illegal and actually getting the case done considering this is in China can be tricky.
    Blizzard has the power, the money and the time to state their case. There is no chance they wouldn't win a lawsuit against this project.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrucha View Post
    This park hasn't got any licensing from Blizzard. This is basically theft since Blizzard loses tons of potential money.
    This is a huge problem in general in china as they really dont have any repect of intellectual copyright, also noe of the reson they are a growing world power.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    Blizzard has the power, the money and the time to state their case. There is no chance they wouldn't win a lawsuit against this project.
    And in what court do you suggest they bring a suit that could give them a ruling that could be enforced? Do you think they should go to China and file suit in a Chinese court to stop construction of an amusement park that almost certainly has state backing in the first place?

Blizzard's only recourse is one that in a billion years they don't have the stones to act on -- pull the plug. Just tell their Chinese market to go to hell and cut them off. But, frankly, all that would probably lead to is mass cyber crime to gain access or just attacking the game to shut it down by hackers over there.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2011-02-10 at 01:07 PM.

Great, THANKS CHINA, now I have to visit your country once in my life time. Nothing good ever comes out of China, now this, wth man, wth.

Didn't Blizzard have a thread along the lines of Design a Blizzard Theme Park some time ago?
    Just damn China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yippey View Post
    Um pretty nice idea, but if this park were build by Blizzard, it will be closed every Wednesday for a few hours xD

Another features:
    - you can force people to leave the park by vote
    - Hotdog stands despawn when you arrive
    - in the haunting house, you get feared... and feared... and feared...
    - you´ll promoted to be the first in entrance ques when you´re the right race (changes every two weeks)
    - shuttles takes you home every 15 minutes (regardless where your home is)
    - You can enter rollercoasters only with 4 friends
    - there´s a heroic mode rollercoaster without brakes & seatbelts that is build while you ride
    - if you bring your old clothes, rollercoaster fees will be reduced by 1%/2%/3%...
    - if you passed the que and one of your mates leaves the party, you´ll have to que again
    Thank you for making me laugh.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    Except for the fact that there's no way they could even get a lawsuit against the owners.

The Chinese government is notorious for not caring one bit about infringement of foreign copyrights and trademarks. China has, by far, the highest volume of counterfeit goods produced in it, along with the highest media (music, video, software) piracy rate in the world.

The owners of the park have nothing to worry about.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha that's awesome, I wanna go!

10+ Year Old Account
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    THATS SO COOL
    wish that was in America

Deleted
    Was anyone else more interested in the full size replica buster sword in the articles at the side?

10+ Year Old Account
    i need to go....

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW players will still not go outside for this.

Bringing back open world pvp!! I like it. =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Can you imagine the mascottes running around? A big-head Varian Wrynn running around chintercepting the Garrosh mascotte
    so much win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamsylar View Post
    God all the fat kids at the same place...
    Not to mention the retardz.., giving it 1 month after opening, tv will air that some phatty little kid thought he wasin bg-land n' wasted 50+ with gun!

Woah, found a vid of them actually building it. Looks like it's a go :-O

(not a keylogger, just some chinese youtube-like site)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjIxNDM5MzIw.html

Can any chinese people translate some of the report? Curious to what the owner/head guy is saying and what questions they are asking him.
    Last edited by bigsandwich732; 2011-02-11 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere, no where, over there, in the air.
    i'm so freaking going there one day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamsylar View Post
    God all the fat kids at the same place...
    I thought that was Blizzcon

Ahaha good luck pursuing infringement of intellectual property on chinese soil blizzlard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zness View Post
    Didn't Blizzard have a thread along the lines of Design a Blizzard Theme Park some time ago?
    Just damn China.
    This.
    I can't remember what the competition was for, but i do remember those pictures being the winning entrants.