Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I personally can't for the world see why you'd switch to another MMO that is basically a chinese copy. Everything's kinda the same, just less polished, less proven and less rich.

If i got tired of WoW, i'd much rather switch to something different, like DC Universe, the new Starwars MMO, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysandre View Post
    honestly i hope Rift keeps its head above water as competition is healthy and WoW needs it....
    Agreed, very much so.

RIFT does seem like it will be a very decent game, the Soul system is a huge plus for them as well as the open public mini-rift raids.

I played beta 6, got my Ranger/Marksmen/Bard up to 17. Got just enough money to buy myself a mount, some bigger bags and some crafting recipes.

I also liked how the waypoint system on the mini-map willl specifically tell you if the dot you're looking for is above or below you. This is just what I can think of off-hand.

I'm excited to see what changes are made for the open beta, it will probably make or break my decision to resub WoW (current sub expired and account locked).

Rift has much more customization and variables than WoW does, for now at least; but who knows if the game will get nerfed to the ground like WoW has been.

Really hoping that RIFT doesn't go the way of Guild Wars and AION and virtually disappear.

rofl, this was acctually the first video ive seen of rift. and OMG...that is WoW! =P Everything looks the same! Mini map upper right, buffs right next to it, unit frames action bars. Need or greed system. It looks exactly the same =P

Quote Originally Posted by Krogh View Post
    As biased as it sounds, when i healed my first instance in rift, Playing an Cleric, with the souls of Druid, Warden and Purifiere. I was impressed, i had to stay on my toes, Be ready, Be focused, I alt tapped for a Split second once, And 3 party members was dead, Oh lol. And some of the Effects they add into them is simply amazing, And Requeres skill and Cordination, aswell as setup. I felt like i was Doing Tbc heroics agian. In full honnesty. I didnt quit wow becourse it sucks, I didnt join Rift becourse its better than Wow, Cuss im not saying it is, I just didnt like the way blizzard is turning the tide, And decided to join another ride, Ive done Multiple runs of Each Of the four Starter instances, And my First trip to Deepstrike mines took nearly over 3 hours, Then i went inside it agian, Just after, With a complete difrent Setup, And cleared it withing an Hour, Simply becuss we knew the tacs, had a Great setup, And worked Very well together as a team.

Heres a video of the Second Guardian Instance, Good mechanics and we wiped a few dozen times, This is just a Cutwork taking out the killshots
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGy_b3__nYU
    Simple, hard, Cordinated.

/Krogh.
    Alt tabbed and 3 people died? Why are you alt tabbing anyway in the middle of an instance? Everything you explained about Rift except maybe graphics is wow. Blizz made healers work again and people QQ'd. Blizz made heroic "harder" and people QQ. How can you compare 2 similar games and say you don't like how Blizz is turning the tide? Blizzard returning their game to TBC levels and Rift's instance feeling like TBC is turning the tide how?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    I DON'T LIKE RIFT. Nothing on Earth or in the universe will ever make me play that. They copied WoW way too much, the UI, class ideas (Fury warriors) everything except the portal concept. Better graphics don't mean a darn thing. Wow had the original idea, Rift took it. Blizzard put so many years in to make the game that it is now. With 12 million players, it is the best selling mmo in the world, that takes years to accumulate and to make.
    WoW is on every continent (except Antarctica of course).
    actually wow has only
    Alliance Players 3,093,322 - 51%

Horde Players 2,921,524 - 49%

Total: 6,014,846
    copy/pasted from wow census

blizzard when saying that had 12 million accounts actually exagerated since only half of that is above lvl 10 and been active for 3 months or more
    Last edited by mmocb92d04e933; 2011-02-10 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Woaah stop being so angry. It's not helping you.

Anyways I'm not gonna play rift because of many reasons but the number one reason is that it doesn't look like fun and it will be so unbalanced with the "Soul tree's" i don't know where to begin.
    You need to step outside of the wow mentality. You cannot balance over 1000 different ways to play or spec your toon. You have options here, unlike wow. It doesnt have to be balanced, you make it balanced yourself.

Deleted
    Rift really is a good game. I was very sceptical but beta 6 totally sold me even though i rolled the most gimp class/soul combo. I had a blast.
    Its a very polished and smooth game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournblade View Post
    I personally can't for the world see why you'd switch to another MMO that is basically a chinese copy. Everything's kinda the same, just less polished, less proven and less rich.

If i got tired of WoW, i'd much rather switch to something different, like DC Universe, the new Starwars MMO, etc.
    rofl Rift is a western MMORPG made by soem of the devs that made everquest , just like wow was

got to say though im much more looking forward to swtor
    Last edited by mmocb92d04e933; 2011-02-10 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    I had heard that Rift had taken alot of things from WoW and directly copied it. I didn't realize how much until i saw the movie.

I hope to god that Trion doesn't endorse this kind of marketing, with people registering on the forums to write "unbiased reviews" on other MMO sites. That is just the most degrading and lowlife marketing I have ever heard of.

I had considered trying the game out, if nothing else then for the first 30 days. But I'm already sick of the game, and I haven't even tried it yet. If I wanted to try out another MMO, it would be something with some new thinking, or something drastically different to WoW. If I'm bored here, why on earth would I go play a direct copy?

In any case, well done "unbiased reviewer". The first 729 reviews on this site was semi-interesting. Now it's just getting embarrasing. Make your own clientbase and prove your worth like any other game, instead of poaching the WoW-fanbase as much as you do. Noone likes the creepy guy in a trenchcoat standing in the corner, offering candy that's "better than what the cantina is serving."

God I hope these threads die out soon. I don't care for the Rift vs. WoW debate, as I think neither game is that interesting right now. But the way Rift is being presented and the playerbase endorsing it, it just seems like a collection of all the douchebags and the "I quit WoW so now I hate it!!!" players. I never hated WoW, or disliked it even when loosing interest in it. It never lost my respect.

Rift did a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rushx View Post
    actually wow has only

blizzard when saying that had 12 million accounts actually exagerated since only half of that is above lvl 10 and been active for 3 months or more
    Nice numbers. Got any way to back them up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I DON'T LIKE RIFT. Nothing on Earth or in the universe will ever make me play that. They copied WoW way too much, the UI, class ideas (Fury warriors) everything except the portal concept. Better graphics don't mean a darn thing. Wow had the original idea, Rift took it. Blizzard put so many years in to make the game that it is now. With 12 million players, it is the best selling mmo in the world, that takes years to accumulate and to make.
    You are incredibly mis informed then. Nothing was copied from WoW, because WoW got EVERYTHING from somewhere else. UI from ultima, PvP/raids From DaoC/Anarchy etc. You need to learn that WoW was not the beginning of all time in MMO history.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

The company that make Rift are too lazy to make a mac version therefore I won't buy it simple!

i really love rift...the excellent graphics, the gameplay, the pure epicness in general.

heres the link to it for everyone else who wants to try it out.. http://www.miniclip.com/games/rift/en/

enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by rushx View Post
    actually wow has only

ROFL. You are trying oh so hard. The data compiled by www.warcraftrealms.com is based on what people submit to the site, not the actual subscription total.

Furthermore, Blizzard would find themselves to be in all sorts of legal hot water if their 12 million subscribers didn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    The company that make Rift are too lazy to make a mac version therefore I won't buy it simple!
    so there is a benefit to having a mac after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    ROFL. You are trying oh so hard. The data compiled but www.warcraftrealms.com is based on what people submit to the site, not the actual data figures.

Furthermore, Blizzard would find themselves to be in all sorts of legal hot water if their 12 million subscribers didn't add up.
    Not to mention that warcraftrealms only compiles information about the US/EU side of things. China is about six million by itself.

There is no point in reinventing the wheel.
    Car companies can compete with Toyota by making their cars mostly the same, with a little twist.
    There's no reason to create a hover-car just to compete with Toyota.

Rift is WoW2, especially considering that Blizz moved it's best talent to the new MMO.

can this threat be moved? it is full of trion employees =/

Moved to the appropriate forum. I fail to see what this has to do with World of Warcraft General Discussions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord View Post
    I had heard that Rift had taken alot of things from WoW and directly copied it. I didn't realize how much until i saw the movie.

I hope to god that Trion doesn't endorse this kind of marketing, with people registering on the forums to write "unbiased reviews" on other MMO sites. That is just the most degrading and lowlife marketing I have ever heard of.

I had considered trying the game out, if nothing else then for the first 30 days. But I'm already sick of the game, and I haven't even tried it yet. If I wanted to try out another MMO, it would be something with some new thinking, or something drastically different to WoW. If I'm bored here, why on earth would I go play a direct copy?

In any case, well done "unbiased reviewer". The first 729 reviews on this site was semi-interesting. Now it's just getting embarrasing. Make your own clientbase and prove your worth like any other game, instead of poaching the WoW-fanbase as much as you do. Noone likes the creepy guy in a trenchcoat standing in the corner, offering candy that's "better than what the cantina is serving."

God I hope these threads die out soon. I don't care for the Rift vs. WoW debate, as I think neither game is that interesting right now. But the way Rift is being presented and the playerbase endorsing it, it just seems like a collection of all the douchebags and the "I quit WoW so now I hate it!!!" players. I never hated WoW, or disliked it even when loosing interest in it. It never lost my respect.

Rift did a long time ago.
    i mentioned i like wow quite a few times and i said both games are awesome , wakey wakey
    and i dont work for trion thats just fuckign stupid
    i played wow 6 years and i havent quit so to speak i just havent bought gametime and froze my account since i will be playing rift , ive not said anything fan boyish in my review all ive said is that i found it interesting and i enjoyed it .

you guys realy need to stop being so bleh....