Poll: Should Blizz give anything to Shamans in return for the BL nerf?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are you expecting from Blizz to make up for Arena BL nerf?

Hello me hearty Shamans.
    I think it is fairly ok to assume that BL nerf was because of mages getting ridiculously OP (frost, icy veins) in arenas. Although I'm feeling indifferent about the nerf and not going to discuss that, I share the common sense of Shaman community to get something in return.
    BL nerf hurt Shamans more than any other class and rightfully we should be given something in return to make up for it.

The very first thing comes up to my mind is bringing elementals to play. Earth elemental is useless sadly, but fire elemental in arena would be so awesome.

Since we are still turrets 90% of the time, after some tweaks made to fire elemental to make it less dependent on the totem, thus making it more mobile; that might be a fair trade for the loss of BL'ing.

What do you think about this, should Blizz give anything back to Shamans in return? If so what should it be?
    Or is it just "phew phew fine, l2p n0b"?

Looking at Blizz' history for "compensating" shaman when giving/taking away abilities I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

We won't get a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    We won't get a thing.
    This.

Giving it to other classes totally ruined it for us.

TBH, I don't understand why Pallies still have bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we were being brought because of Bloodlust/Hero, then that was bad design to begin with and the change is a necessary one.

We should be balanced based on everything we can do, not because we have one OP cooldown that makes everyone else awesome enough to make up for our lack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    We won't get a thing.
    Erm, yeah, what he said

I understand what Endus is saying. We shouldn't be brought along just for BL and should be able to hold our own without it. However it is sad to see it taken away. That being said, I'd love to see some compensation thrown our way but I don't believe we'll ever see it.

Edit: I didn't vote since the options suck.
    1)Not sure that it hurts shamans more than anyone as it is a pretty serious buff for everyone missing it and shouldn't necessarily be made up for.
    2)Shamans are decent enough right now. Saying you're just bad, L2P is too harsh
    3)I do have a mage alt and no, wolves would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by lildave151; 2011-02-10 at 08:24 PM.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

shamans still bring a strong offensive dispell magic and a strong counter to fears,, oh wait

Absolutely nothing. This wasn't a shaman nerf, this was an attempt at balancing arenas. In my opinion this is one of the best things they've done in the past 2 1/2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If we were being brought because of Bloodlust/Hero, then that was bad design to begin with and the change is a necessary one.

We should be balanced based on everything we can do, not because we have one OP cooldown that makes everyone else awesome enough to make up for our lack.
    While that is correct, we wont be overhauled to be an awesome pvp class even w/o bl. Bladestorm for example was op in wotlk, but arms didn't have much except plain burst+ms effect, charge and bs itself, so he had to rely on this. same thing with enh and wolves.

It's good that wolves dont feel like a necessity anymore, but i as far as bl goes, i'd at least hoped for a self only version for arena use, to at least make up for us ourselves losing it there...

anyway, shaman used to be a nice pvp support, making up for the lack of survivability, mobility and good cc. now all our pvp support is gone/nerfed into the ground . Cleansing removed from the game, bl banned from arenas, purge cut down to halved, with quadrupled mana costs for enh (srsly, wth?) and tremor reduced to 6sec/min and halved range...
    meanwhile, hex becomes an even crappier cc with less duration and nerfed glyph (wasn't that good a glyph to begin with, why nerf it)
    and gw reduced movementspeed...

i get the impression (not the first time btw)they want us to stop pvp'ing, esp enh.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2011-02-10 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Where's the "I think we deserve something but I sincerely doubt we'll get anything" option?

Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    Where's the "I think we deserve something but I sincerely doubt we'll get anything" option?
    what he said
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Only spec this really burns is elemental. Resto we are pretty solid and enh alright for once.

I generally couldn't care less about the change. Yes it is nice being able to BL when your going for a kill but generally you should be OK without it.

I don't think we will get anything because we lost it. Saying using elementals is just crazy as, Yes the fire ele is strong and has decent HP but the amount of actual HP on the totem is doggy poo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Only spec this really burns is elemental. Resto we are pretty solid and enh alright for once.

I generally couldn't care less about the change. Yes it is nice being able to BL when your going for a kill but generally you should be OK without it.

I don't think we will get anything because we lost it. Saying using elementals is just crazy as, Yes the fire ele is strong and has decent HP but the amount of actual HP on the totem is doggy poo.
    You're kidding right? No heroism is pretty much a comp-killer for resto. Very few comps survived it. 9 times out of 10 you're better off using another healer now.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    You're kidding right? No heroism is pretty much a comp-killer for resto. Very few comps survived it. 9 times out of 10 you're better off using another healer now.
    If your know how to use your shocks correctly, use the correct totems against certain classes, use your interupts, use your purges and your hex follow by interupts after a hex. Plus the fact although ghostwolf isn't as OP as it used to be we are still a pretty solid kiting class with the ability to do HUGE heals when needed and very fast strong heals with some pretty good survivability. Resto is bloody fine atm especially with ghw change so using a shock before using it makes it bigger and you then save even more mana, making it even better.

We are going to get an incredibly huge buff. Why you ask? Because all this time, shaman were balanced around the OP bloodlust. That was the one thing holding us back, but now that it's gone. Yea, BIG BUFFS!

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    i get the impression (not the first time btw)they want us to stop pvp'ing, esp enh.
    Here you go again QQing at enh. We are very fine atm, try playing elemental, they actually have something to whine about.
    ''Argh, I would have OBLITERATED all of those 1v1!''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    If your know how to use your shocks correctly, use the correct totems against certain classes, use your interupts, use your purges and your hex follow by interupts after a hex. Plus the fact although ghostwolf isn't as OP as it used to be we are still a pretty solid kiting class with the ability to do HUGE heals when needed and very fast strong heals with some pretty good survivability. Resto is bloody fine atm especially with ghw change so using a shock before using it makes it bigger and you then save even more mana, making it even better.
    A good player can make it work, I'm not arguing that, but heroism was the biggest reason you chose a resto shaman over another healer for your 3v3 team; now that it's gone, hex/shock/grounding feel very lackluster when compared to the tools that the other healers bring.

Hell, I could make a pretty solid case that we're not even the best interrupters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    We are going to get an incredibly huge buff. Why you ask? Because all this time, shaman were balanced around the OP bloodlust. That was the one thing holding us back, but now that it's gone. Yea, BIG BUFFS!

-_-
    I like your thinking. Bring on the heroism-less shaman buffs! Oh wait, they took away hero AND nerfed us. There goes that plan.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    What am I expecting? Very simple, nothing.