Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Because in the rules for the very forum you are currently posting in, it states that you should keep discussion for a game consolidated to one thread whenever and wherever possible. There is no need to several dozen threads on any game - anything - that all say roughly the same thing and contain the same content. We can all say roughly the same thing to one another in one thread and it keeps things much less cluttered that way.

There is a difference between having an off-topic discussion on Rift, and having 50 threads advertise the game. I have no problem with Rift, Blizzard could use the competition.

There are roughly 7 billion Rift threads per day (accurate figure).

There do not need to be this many.

Quote Originally Posted by Esedess View Post
    they're locking them because its getting out of hand and retarded, every band wagon anti-blizz fanboy is posting there thread like every 5 minutes, i can't wait for it to have it's run for a month or two, and then watch it flop just like ALL the other "wow killers"
    Couldnt agree with this post any more.
    seriously, your my clone man.. maybe even identical hand twin ;o
    But really.. couldnt agree with it more.
    Classic WoW.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And all the "wow-turned-rift" players will eventually come back to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    To all these tards that keep saying it's a WoW site, read where this forum is..OFFTOPIC, Video games.

If that's still too hard for you to understand then let me elaborate, that means ANY other video game besides WoW can be posted here, you see?

I understand that some topics need to be locked because of the ammount of them, but replying with 'It's a WoW forum' has nothing to do with it.
    yes it does when someone says explicitly they thought it was a general site..off topic doesn't change the nature of the site and conceptions regarding it. its not possible to tell someone its not the general site they thought without actually saying it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    There are roughly 7 billion Rift threads per day (accurate figure).

There do not need to be this many.
    just see your sig im on same server as you ^and horde small world

Quote Originally Posted by rushx View Post
    just see your sig im on same server as you ^and horde small world
    Small world indeed. What guild?

I believe it's not actually a WoW site, but rather a Blizzard site. They dont post much, but they post some pics/info and stuff for Diablo and Starcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Deleted
    You know, crap like this really adds to the 'viral advertising' and/or conspiracy to get Rift into our minds eye. Personally, it's just irritating the crap out of me. No offence to those who care for Rifts, all the best - but spamming us with new threads, and all this 'Oh, thought it was MMO in general, despite all the obvious wow links/content/whatever' is tantamount to trolling, in my mind.

Enjoy your time in Rifts. But for the love of god stop trying to force me to care. I'm not going to force you to play WoW.

mmo-champ is a wow site so they have a vested interest in helping blizzard keep their customers so they will visit this site

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    I believe it's not actually a WoW site, but rather a Blizzard site. They dont post much, but they post some pics/info and stuff for Diablo and Starcraft
    No, it's a WoW site. Big deal news about other Blizz related games is occasionally posted but the focus of the site is completely WoW.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0 View Post
    Couldnt agree with this post any more.
    seriously, your my clone man.. maybe even identical hand twin ;o
    But really.. couldnt agree with it more.
    hahah, thanks man,

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    mmo-champ is a wow site so they have a vested interest in helping blizzard keep their customers so they will visit this site
    That's an interesting conspiracy theory...

Except that we leave 3-4 Rift threads unlocked =P

We just don't want half the forum to be threads that are all about a single game, since this forum is for the discussion of ALL non-WoW video games.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    I hope you're not being sarcastic in this. Have you not read a majority of the Rift threads? It gets ugly quick. And there's a lot of threads regarding the same things in Rift. You don't see a large # of posts on GW2 or SWTOR. They don't get locked.

It's because threads get ugly quick....cause you get WoW Haters v. WoW Lovers.
    Its because DC online and SWTOR dont use viral marketing like Trion does...pretty pathetic IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    It's a WoW site.
    Then why advertise Rift? If I were an advertiser - presumably paying for the ad space, I'd be pissed.

If they are managing forums to prune repetitive posts or keep people somewhat civil then that's fine - but simply saying "lock Rift threads b/c this is a WoW site" is pretty dumb - especially since there are Rift posts on the official WoW forums that go unlocked.
    Last edited by Kashii; 2011-02-10 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted
    This thread should have a warning sign saying:
    DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Then why advertise Rift? If I were an advertiser - presumably paying for the ad space, I'd be pissed.
    Because it's not an official WoW site...Blizzard has nothing to do with this.
    A huge load of people visit this site every day - thus having an ad on the frontpage is a great deal.

Deleted
    well i just wonder if trion worlds would apreciate a site that has so much rift hate advertising there game , why are you advertising there game exactely ?

You dont want threads advertising the game so you lock them but you have a huge great banner on home page saying "your not in azeroth anymore" quite amuzing really

Alright announcement time.

MMO Champion isn't anti-Rift. We have no problem with the game. We close a lot of Rift threads because they are often duplicates and because there are so many made per day. For example, right now there are 5 open Rift threads and 3 closed Rift threads.

We would do this for any other game that had so many threads being made. This is a general video games discussion forum, so having one game take up so much space is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    because they dont choose what ads to show, as you can clearly see in the corner of the ads
    "Ads by Google"
    Mysteel - my armory